POTUS (Donald) many legal issues cornering him

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
CNN, NYT, Washington Post, MSNBC are all up in arms that the Democrats are not raising the battle flag of impeachment. They say this has all the justifications of Watergate.

But the fact is the Democrats have become gun shy. They've been on this crusade against Trump for 18+ months and there are signs that it is backfiring with electorate. It's got no traction whatsoever. And they are finding themselves locked into one issue and burdened with a moribund economic program against an assertive, nationalist and activist President.

The so called case against Trump, all provided by Cohen, who is now a convicted felon and admitted liar, involves some trivial allegations of campaign irregularities (of which ALL campaigns are guilty).

But there is a more potent, if unadmitted, difference between Nixon and Trump. Nixon was a born loser who was always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Trump is always in a crisis, he's always on the ropes and he always wins. He is forever snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

The Dems think they've mortally wounded Trump. But i would not be surprised if he maintains Republican majorities in both houses of Congress. That will mean the Mueller Investigation will end in early 2019 because all of its political momentum will dissipate with that. And it has been nothing but political from the beginning.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Hey, this completely knocked Omarosa and Brennan off the tv and op eds. Trump moves too fast and ducks and weaves with too much agility for anything to settle on him. His opponents are left complaining he's not playing by their rules. He's bringing a street fight to a Marquess of Queensbury boxing match as the dems see it. But that's politics, everything begins and ends in an alley.. and with brass knuckles rather that 10 oz. gloves.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Oh I see because he wasn't groomed through the system, and running Gov. like a business

He doesn't run a business like a business.

"I’m a New Yorker, and New Yorkers know a con when we see one! Trump says he’ll punish manufacturers that move to Mexico or China, but the clothes he sells are made overseas in low-wage factories. He says he wants to put Americans back to work, but he games the US visa system so he can hire temporary foreign workers at low wages. He says he wants to deport 11 million undocumented people, but he seems to have no problem in hiring them. What’d I miss here?!

Truth be told, the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy. He wants you to believe that we can solve our biggest problems by deporting Mexicans and shutting out Muslims. He wants you to believe that erecting trade barriers will bring back good jobs. He’s wrong on both counts.

We can only solve our biggest problems if we come together and embrace the freedoms that our Founding Fathers established right here in Philadelphia, which permitted our ancestors to create the great American exceptionalism that all of us now enjoy. Donald Trump doesn’t understand that. Hillary Clinton does. And we can only create good jobs if we make smarter investments in infrastructure and do more to support small businesses. Not stiff them. Donald Trump doesn’t understand that. Hillary Clinton does.

I understand the appeal of a businessman president. But Trump’s business plan is a disaster in the making. He would make it harder for small businesses to compete, do great damage to our economy, threaten the retirement savings of millions of Americans, lead to greater debt and more unemployment, erode our influence in the world, and make our communities less safe.

The bottom line is: Trump is a risky, reckless, and radical choice. And we can’t afford to make that choice."

Michael Bloomberg

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He doesn't run a business like a business.

"I’m a New Yorker, and New Yorkers know a con when we see one! Trump says he’ll punish manufacturers that move to Mexico or China, but the clothes he sells are made overseas in low-wage factories. He says he wants to put Americans back to work, but he games the US visa system so he can hire temporary foreign workers at low wages. He says he wants to deport 11 million undocumented people, but he seems to have no problem in hiring them. What’d I miss here?!

Truth be told, the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy. He wants you to believe that we can solve our biggest problems by deporting Mexicans and shutting out Muslims. He wants you to believe that erecting trade barriers will bring back good jobs. He’s wrong on both counts.

We can only solve our biggest problems if we come together and embrace the freedoms that our Founding Fathers established right here in Philadelphia, which permitted our ancestors to create the great American exceptionalism that all of us now enjoy. Donald Trump doesn’t understand that. Hillary Clinton does. And we can only create good jobs if we make smarter investments in infrastructure and do more to support small businesses. Not stiff them. Donald Trump doesn’t understand that. Hillary Clinton does.

I understand the appeal of a businessman president. But Trump’s business plan is a disaster in the making. He would make it harder for small businesses to compete, do great damage to our economy, threaten the retirement savings of millions of Americans, lead to greater debt and more unemployment, erode our influence in the world, and make our communities less safe.

The bottom line is: Trump is a risky, reckless, and radical choice. And we can’t afford to make that choice."

Michael Bloomberg
MOST people know a con when they see/hear one.;-)

(except those that are being conned)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Could be, but he still isn't POTUS
He was SMART enough not to run. He has a good idea of the cesspool he would be entering. He is sophisticated, intelligent ,articulate and WISE. (Qualities that the US voters DON'T seem to want in their POTUS)

Last edited:

justducky

Electoral Member
Aug 2, 2018
Trump was legally and constitutionally elected POTUS.
https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/22/trump-admits-to-campaign-finance-crime-by-mistake/

Trump Admits to Campaign Finance Crime By Mistake
August 22, 2018 at 4:16 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 107 Comments

President Trump falsely claimed to Fox News that the hush-money payments arranged by Michael Cohen did not break the law.

Said Trump: “My first question when I heard about it was, ‘did they come out of the campaign?’ Because that could be a little dicey. But they didn’t come out of the campaign and that’s big. It’s not even a campaign violation.”

Jonathan Chait: “That is not a defense. That is why it’s a crime. If the money came from the campaign, it would have been legal.”

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Trump was legally and constitutionally elected POTUS.
Well, that's what they're trying to find out.

Unfortunately for Shit for Brains Cohen has ratted out the Trump Foundation

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/politics/michael-cohen-trump-foundation-subpoena/index.html

Oh the legal troubles are piling up

Imagine using a Charitable Foundation to finance a campaign

It has to be wrong because the GOP has been trying to probe for 20 years that is what the Clinton's are doing.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
trump, so many connections, the apex of comtrol,devine or outherwise, you get to chose, risk, how much can you bear?

A midrange thermnonuclear strike, take them all out, the equation is easier to solve, I am branching out i9nto small theermo nuclrear stuff, dont hurt the workers but fukup the thinkers,good luck.,

gutless globalist pig fukkers

the GGPF mob

I have fond memories of that beer. The GGPF escaped any futher historical mention.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Eminent legal scholar and Harvard Professor of Law Emeritus Alan Dershowitz has commented on the arcane, convoluted morass of campaign finance laws and has come to the conclusion that everything that Trump did with respect to Stormy or Karen McDougal was within the law. It's not illegal to pay off scandal mongers and extortionists with one's own money. He committed no crime.

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/403072-did-president-trump-violate-campaign-finance-laws

It seems to me as such Cohen might also have committed no crime as well but got bludgeoned into pleading on Campaign Finance offenses to soften the blow on Tax and Banking fraud charges which had nothing to do with Trump. It goes to show how slimey this Mueller, DOJ-SDNY persecution has become.

It relies on guilt by association on convictions achieved through intimidation. It is attempting (with Manafort) and achieving (with Cohen) to conflate unrelated finance infractions to undermine the President. It is really a criminal assault by Mueller on the integrity of the criminal justice system and the American Constitution.

And it comes down to this overall. THERE WAS NO COLLUSION. That is Mueller's ONLY mandate of investigation. Therefor there was no OBSTUCTION to avoid justice on a nonexistent crime. This ramshackle Obstruction of Justice construct has become a weapon of opportunity to aggravate or simply bypass material offenses. They are noted by their subjective reliance on appearance and 'intent' and their disdain for facts. It is a political weapon, nothing more, nothing less.