Pope Benedict says: 'non-violence is a way of being'

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
LOVE is the answer. I still believe in the ideals we had back in those days. Why not? What should change as we get older? I still wear peace buttons and attend anti-war rallies. I conserve what I can and try to do unto others.These words in this sermon are spot on, in my opinion. Change doesen't begin with the government, it begins with the self.

Thank you. I agree about the ideology that love truly is the beginning. when we practice love internally, it is bound to come out externally. That is one ideal of the 1960's that I still firmly adhere to.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
love thine enemies. I learned this the hard way, it was very difficult for me to understand as a child, and it seemed like giving up. Now I can't imagine why anyone would feel any other way. Weirdly when u behave like that you end up with a lot less enemies anyway, and those that remain end up rather nonplussed

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
mapleleafgirl said:
kinda funny, cos thats more or less what john lennon and others said. i am all for it. violence is too frickin' easy. it takes a brave man to stand up for peace, especially in todays world.

Interestingly, that when John Lennon and others in the Peace movement in the 60s said it, they were branded as communist utopian visionaries who were out to subvert the moral fabric of society. Yet, all they did was to quote the Bible in the same manner as did the Pope!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Interestingly, that when John Lennon and others in the Peace movement in the 60s said it, they were branded as communist utopian visionaries who were out to subvert the moral fabric of society. Yet, all they did was to quote the Bible in the same manner as did the Pope!

And yet, I quess the moral fabric of society got subverted anyway, those communist utopian visionaries must have been very powerful to reach beyond the bonds of time and phuck-up our moral fabric eh.:laughing7::laughing7::wave:.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

Love, peace, these are universal messages. Where do you think those 60's visionaries heard of it first:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
sanctus said:
Love, peace, these are universal messages. Where do you think those 60's visionaries heard of it first:)

Right there in that very Bible, of course!

I have said it before and will say it again: the Bible (not antichrists like Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson) is the key to peace in this world.

Reactions: csanopal

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
Right there in that very Bible, of course!

I have said it before and will say it again: the Bible (not antichrists like Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson) is the key to peace in this world.

More specifically, not so much the Bible, but Jesus:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
csanopal said:
More specifically, not so much the Bible, but Jesus:)

Please do not overlook the Old Testament and its wise teachings such as Psalm 27, and 81:13-15; Isaiah 41:12; I Samuel 8:20; and Deut 28:7. All teach the way of Peace as well.