Police called to Ford's home Christmas Day: report

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Not when they put right on display for everyone to see - or is it only okay to notice if it's a "lefty" politician?

If digging into a politician's personal life is not okay, then the politicians must not discuss if they are married, in a relationship, have kids, or anything else.

Once the politician makes their family part of their campaign, well, all bets are off.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ah, okay.

If the politician is involved in domestic abuse calls, I suggest the public has a right to know.

Agreed, but were charges filed indicating domestic abuse? No. In fact no one even indicated abuse. It sounded more like Mayor Ford might have had a few drinks and pissed off his mother in-law in a war of words. The Star (big surprise) also alleges multiple calls of domestic abuse. Personally, I know of one other incident in which there were no charges laid.

Now, if Rob Ford is involved in some form of abuse I hope he takes a long walk off a short plank. And seeing that here in Ontario we have a zero tolerance law regarding domestic abuse, it really doesn't matter whether Renata (his wife) files charges or not. The cops show up and see any indication of abuse they can lock him up. Do not pass go--do not collect $200 -- go directly to jail. Believe me when I tell you that I know this first hand.

As long as Rob Ford continues to shut out The Toronto Star they will keep acting like The National Enquirer and printing half truths to smear him. Like him man-handling a young football player. Perhaps they should confirm their sources, get all the facts and when they are sure report the whole story without using words like "Multiple" to distort numbers and facts.

The Toronto Star which touts itself as the leading print news source in the Country is certainly acting like a grocery store tabloid.

Not when they put right on display for everyone to see - or is it only okay to notice if it's a "lefty" politician?

If he beat up his wife, his kids and charges are pending I have no issue with it, but no charges were filed. I don't care if he's Rob Ford or Jean Chretien, this style of reporting is tabloid journalism.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Agreed, but were charges filed indicating domestic abuse? No. In fact no one even indicated abuse. It sounded more like Mayor Ford might have had a few drinks and pissed off his mother in-law in a war of words.
Abuse is verbal too.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
When it's couples and family a nasty word cuts far deeper than any knife.

So you were there then right? Trust me Petros, you don't have to school me on abuse, physical or psychological, but we still have a presumption of innocents in this country.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm glad SCB doesn't associate with her mother or father. Having no in laws, is rather heart warming.