Poland, Keep Crucifixes in Schools

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Go ahead and remove the cross from all schools. Take down the ten commandments from public property and remove "God" from the anthems and pledge of allegiance.

Do whatever the atheists want to make society "better", because the fact remains that God is actually the one in control, and their escape is futile.

But does God live in Rome?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
But does God live in Rome?

Not really. Although catholic worshipers are Christian in their heart, their religion is just that - a religion, filled with useless legalism. The RCC is the exact kind of religion that Jesus himself rebelled against when was on earth.

Two simple definitions of legalism:

First, legalism is the attempt to achieve righteousness with God by keeping a set of rules, which God has disallowed forever. As shocking as it sounds, Christianity is not a set of rules. Keeping rules is not the way to achieve righteousness with God.

Second, legalism is adding any requirement for righteousness to what God has already stated in his word. No one has ever been authorized to add to God has said or accomplished. Catholics definitely break this by praying to saints or thru saints, pomp and circumstance, and not allowing smiling;-) and questioning in Church.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Go ahead and remove the cross from all schools. Take down the ten commandments from public property and remove "God" from the anthems and pledge of allegiance.

Do whatever the atheists want to make society "better", because the fact remains that God is actually the one in control, and their escape is futile.
in yer dreams, Bubba. lol Gods don't give a damn about us ants on Earth.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I like this response because instead of providing an argument let alone an argument with good reasons, you resort to an insult, which lead me to believe your not very good at defending your atheism. Also, your a knucklehead!
How is saying you are funny insulting? How can you call Spade an atheist. He is always honouring the gods of yore.

Exactly what is your definition of a knucklehead?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Not really. Although catholic worshipers are Christian in their heart, their religion is just that - a religion, filled with useless legalism. The RCC is the exact kind of religion that Jesus himself rebelled against when was on earth.

Two simple definitions of legalism:

First, legalism is the attempt to achieve righteousness with God by keeping a set of rules, which God has disallowed forever. As shocking as it sounds, Christianity is not a set of rules. Keeping rules is not the way to achieve righteousness with God.
Anna throws out her copy of the 10 Commandments.

Second, legalism is adding any requirement for righteousness to what God has already stated in his word. No one has ever been authorized to add to God has said or accomplished.
Whoooops! There goes the New Testament.
Catholics definitely break this by praying to saints or thru saints, pomp and circumstance, and not allowing smiling;-) and questioning in Church.
Oh well. Praying is only self-activation anyway. :D

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I like this response because instead of providing an argument let alone an argument with good reasons, you resort to an insult, which lead me to believe your not very good at defending your atheism. Also, your a knucklehead!
?? He meant that you are a humorous fellow, Alley. It wasn't an insult.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
How is saying you are funny insulting?

Whatever! I saw my advantage and I went for it!

How can you call Spade an atheist. He is always honouring the gods of yore.

But that's not in seriousness now is it? Let's ask Spade ourselves.

Spade, what would you classify yourself as?

Atheist, agnostic, pagan?

Exactly what is your definition of a knucklehead?

Someone who hears the truth but doesn't receive it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Explain you reasons why God wouldn't care. If a creator creates a masterpiece, i.e. the universe, would he not care for his creation, a creation we ourselves are part of?
You think gods care about teachers or clergy diddling kids, kids suffering for a few years before they die, parents outliving their kids, kids being deprived of parents before they can understand, etc.? :roll: Yeah, that shows a lot of caring alright.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
You think gods care about teachers or clergy diddling kids, kids suffering for a few years before they die, parents outliving their kids, kids being deprived of parents before they can understand, etc.? :roll: Yeah, that shows a lot of caring alright.

Not fair right? Was it fair that god himself, humbled before his very creatures, would endure torture, humiliation and a horrible death for you? Not to mention be take upon all the sins of mankind when he was sinless himself?

Your opening pandora's box regarding "why humans suffer?". Which is a thread in itself.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Not fair right? Was it fair that god himself, humbled before his very creatures, would endure torture, humiliation and a horrible death for you? Not to mention be take upon all the sins of mankind when he was sinless himself?

Your opening pandora's box regarding "why humans suffer?". Which is a thread in itself.
I don't care about opening boxes or fairness. If I were an all-powerful god I would sure as hell :D design things a lot better and not make innocent kids suffer.
And don't give me that crap about gods testing us and whatnot. How's a 2 year old supposed to understand being tested while the child suffers from HIV or cancer? Using a kid's suffering to teach a parent a lesson? Or to test the parent's faith? :roll: No, I don't want to buy that bridge over the East River in NY.
It doesn't add up. It makes much more sense that gods just don't give a hoot.