Pierre Elliot Trudeau Love or Hated Him ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You got that right, Cliff- but don't you find that people get dull and boring when they are being paid too much money? They lose a sense of connectivity with the common folk. Of course even though Trudeau may not have been dull and boring I'm not convinced he had connectivity with the common folk. I doubt if he visited Nakusp more than twice. :lol:
I met him on the street in Nelson once. Very congenial fellow. Didn't mind chin wagging with the peasant class at all.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I liked him sometimes and disliked him other times. Although I think he'd chat with anyone, his demeanor did appear to be arrogant at times and I haven't seen many politicians yet that could actually tune into what ordinary peoples lives were like.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But I think it wouldn't do much harm if we reduced most aspects, cut the number of constituencies in half and put the publc services jobs out for bid in the private sector.
Privatization is what got us in this mess. Trimming through efficiency is the answer.

Our working population is about to plummet and retire and put an incredible strain on social spending on health care.

Answer to that is a fleet of mobile health technicians that actually make house calls or online dr's.

How many expensive tests could be done at home with USB attachments? I've seen tiny little MRI array or area specific units that are USB and run linux. There are some very useful tools that should be use BUT we choose not to by complaining about costs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Privatization is what got us in this mess. "- What mess did it get us into? I know it got rid of a lot of "plum" jobs, which helped to cut our taxes.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Privatization is what got us in this mess. Trimming through efficiency is the answer.

Our working population is about to plummet and retire and put an incredible strain on social spending on health care.

Answer to that is a fleet of mobile health technicians that actually make house calls or online dr's.

How many expensive tests could be done at home with USB attachments? I've seen tiny little MRI array or area specific units that are USB and run linux. There are some very useful tools that should be use BUT we choose not to by complaining about costs.

"Privatization is what got us in this mess."

Not sure what you mean...are you talking federally?