People who pass along dire predictions from God.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Clearly, a better solution was needed. At the next meeting of the Philosophy Club, the Webmaster asked his fellow members about the aforementioned duty of his office. Pete suggested a service provided by a philosophy website. That site sends daily e-mails of philosophy quotes. The Webmaster thought about this solution. It would save him the time of finding a philosophical quote, but he would still be required to post it everyday

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If they didn't come in here and post, they wouldn't be able to bitch and complain about having religion "shoved down their throats".
Really, it isn't "religion" per say ... it's all the religions that proclaim themselves as absolute Truth and Damn anyone else who dares to believe outside the box - their own little boxes. One can have Christ without Church and peace of mind without being controlled.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It is not uncommon to hear peolple say such things as God will smite us or someone is destined to go to Hell. What type of people peddle this malarky? Is it an act of cruelty, or insecurity or a feeling of self importance or what?

They're sadists.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Fear... it is the old way to recruit Christians. Born Again Christians do it all the time. Everyone is going to Hell... except them.

A Marine I was stationed with used to preach like this to us. Yet he was the one of the biggest user of women and was a big boozer. One day in the barracks we were all giving him a hard time about his preaching. I said to him...

"You are the craziest boozer in here and every weekend you're on the prowl looking for women to F*** and dump. You don't have any where near the morals of half the guys here. What makes you think you're going to Heaven and we're going to hell?"

"I'm saved... you are not."

My 2 cents

Yeah my old supervisor back in Canada was a "Born Again Christian" and was a tad bit out there with his beliefs and a couple of times tried to pull the recruiting thing on me.... yet while myself and others at work would offer a box of doughnuts or coffee to everybody around, or there was a lunch bbq or tossing around cards for birthdays etc.... he was right there to suck it all up, eat as much as he could, complain when he didn't get a card or didn't get his coffee or his 2 doughnuts, or the pizza he liked the most was eaten before he came down 30 minutes after everybody was already there...... and if you came into work from lunch carrying some chinese food, etc..... he'd pressure you to give him your egg roll or something else you paid for because he simply loved them and tried to make up a "rule" that anybody who came in with chinese food had to give him an egg roll.....

but the moment you asked him for anything, or the moment you asked if he'd offer something of his..... it'd never happen.

He'd have an opinion about what everybody else did in their own personal lives and get on his high horse about what others should do, but then turn around and try & flirt badly with the girls at work or try to hit on them..... checked them out all the time...... someone married with a kid mind you..... and one of the girls I worked with mentioned his made a bit of an "Indencent Proposal" once..... which wasn't too hard to believe.

Born Again Christian indeed.

Many of these people who call themselves Christians, are Christians in name only and use it as a backup for all the crap they do in their lives, as they think they'll still have a free ticket into heaven so long as they "Believe" and go to church every Sunday.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
According to the way the Bible puts it, it isn't malarky at all. It's also quite specific about who qualifies and who doesn't, perhaps that is what you might not fully understand at the moment (you being hostile is my first clue that all is not well) Choices make the difference and in most cases somebody else will be making the choices rather than everybody doing it for themselves. When God smites somebody it is no more serious to their salvation than a parent sending their child to his room for an hour before supper because of his bad behavior. The child is still at the table at supper and the incident is over and done with. If anybody tells you it is not that way they are bulls****ting you and since you don't already know that you might be one of the ones that comes in 2nd. In this two man race you still get the silver ribbon, what were you told to expect, if you don't mind me asking,?

I think you're the one doing the Bullsh*tting here, since you don't know anymore or any less then anybody else in here what God does or doesn't do.

You talk as if you know exactly how God Smites someone, when you don't even know if he smites anybody in the first place..... let alone if he exists.

And none of what you just said justifies others shoving their finger in someone else's face and telling them they're going to hell..... and if they think they're doing someone else a favor by doing this, then they're more deluded then I originally thought.

Whatever, why get upset over something you don't believe in then.

People aren't upset over something they don't believe in, they're upset over people like you wagging your holier-than-thou finger in their face and preaching like you know anything at all.

If somebody tells me I have a low tire and I 'know' they are all at the right pressure I don't have to have my day ruined.

You might have hit a nail or have a leak in a tire and thus, they'd be right & it wouldn't hurt to check, you know? It's not just for your safety, but those around you.

..... which has no relation to the topic at hand and a pointless tangent.

BTW what the **** are you doing in the religious part of the site posting threads for anyway. let alone caring about a place called hell.

Quit your bitching.... last I checked, people can come in here and talk about their beliefs or lack there of.... of religion & spirituality..... it all belongs in here, your most Righteous & Holy Owner of the Forums.

Great debating skills you have there...... if you can't refute or debate an argument, you try and make others leave or say they're not allowed to come in.

Boys only!! :roll:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I think you're the one doing the Bullsh*tting here, since you don't know anymore or any less then anybody else in here what God does or doesn't do.

You talk as if you know exactly how God Smites someone, when you don't even know if he smites anybody in the first place..... let alone if he exists.

And none of what you just said justifies others shoving their finger in someone else's face and telling them they're going to hell..... and if they think they're doing someone else a favor by doing this, then they're more deluded then I originally thought.
You have that right, giving some reason why my view isn't supported by the Bible would have been more helpful that the hinge point being the validity of your own 'knowledge', please include the below references in your rebuttal.

Re.19:21
And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,
which sword proceeded out of his mouth:
and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Isa.65:12
Therefore will I number you to the sword,
and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:
because when I called, ye did not answer;
when I spake,
ye did not hear;
but did evil before mine eyes,
and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

Jer.25:32:
Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
Behold,
evil shall go forth from nation to nation,
and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
Jer.25:33
And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
they shall not be lamented,
neither gathered,
nor buried;
they shall be dung upon the ground.

Zec.13:8
And it shall come to pass,
that in all the land,
saith the LORD,
two parts therein shall be cut off and die;
but the third shall be left therein.
Zec.13:9
And I will bring the third part through the fire,
and will refine them as silver is refined,
and will try them as gold is tried:
they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them:
I will say,
It is my people:
and they shall say,
The LORD is my God.

There are also just as many references to show that the 'punishment' is a cleansing step it also has a set time limit. If you or others don't know that part, or reject it out of hand as being what the Bible promotes that is your concern, not mine.,

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Quit your bitching.... last I checked, people can come in here and talk about their beliefs or lack there of.... of religion & spirituality..... it all belongs in here, your most Righteous & Holy Owner of the Forums.

Great debating skills you have there...... if you can't refute or debate an argument, you try and make others leave or say they're not allowed to come in.

Boys only!! :roll:
Now you need great debating skills to post on a thread that attacks your group rather than some individual who just happens to be part of the same group. If that was a requirement the net would be a desert, what did your post add to what the OP started off, I missed that part of your post or is this just a support bump even though you added nothing, you even replied in detail to a point you classified as being totally useless. It's one thing to have a valid bitch and quite another when the motivator for the OP is too much time on their hands.

Didn't I see this scene in Carrie or something?

I love the smell of mental implosions in the evening

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hell No !..We won't go!...Hell No..We Won't go....!

.. Well I say,.... TO HELL With all those People who pass along False Dire Predictions from God...( Big Papa G - AKA...BPG.. Or just G..)
You don't wanna be Messin' Round With Big G....iITt.'ll Zap Ya!...( Don't even be thinkin' any nasty thoughts about Big G...You don't wanna be messin' round with Big G...Is.Like tappin someone in the same spot, over and over again ..Knowin', Just waitin', ..lookin for a reaction .UNTIL!!>>One Day ..!When ..l....Well .. You don't wanna P.O. No.1, BigG .iITt.'s N0.1.... ... Or ... You know...You'll be just another NO1....Or worse ..No.2.)

Peace Or Pieces.

Peace..

All Bless..
God Bless..

iITt. is What it is ...

N0.1

;):)

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
You have that right, giving some reason why my view isn't supported by the Bible would have been more helpful that the hinge point being the validity of your own 'knowledge', please include the below references in your rebuttal.

First off, I don't need to debate bible quotes with you to debate the topic at hand, because the topic is about the people who try to finger point at others and judge them on whether or not they're going to hell or getting smitted by God, as if they somehow know without a doubt.

And considering I read enough of the bible growing up and was raised up until the age of 20 as a Roman Catholic, my knowledge & the validity of that knowledge is equal or even greater then your own in regards to the subject.

So stop trying to side-track the debate with pointlessness. That's what you're type always do anyways when you can't counter an argument or refute the claims of someone else.... you try and go off on a tangent & side-track in order to confuse or make others forget what the original debate/argument was about.

Re.19:21
And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,
which sword proceeded out of his mouth:
and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

^ Nothing relating to the topic at hand and is basic jibberish meant for anybody and their dog to interprete anyway they damn well please to justify anything they want supported, especially when taken out of context.

Isa.65:12
Therefore will I number you to the sword,
and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:
because when I called, ye did not answer;
when I spake,
ye did not hear;
but did evil before mine eyes,
and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

The same.

Jer.25:32:
Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
Behold,
evil shall go forth from nation to nation,
and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Continued jibberish relating to the fear of evil & corruption spreading, all written by a lowly human centuries ago, which has been translated, edited and re-worded countless times over those centuries to the point none of it holds any relevant meaning in todays world.

Jer.25:33
And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
they shall not be lamented,
neither gathered,
nor buried;
they shall be dung upon the ground.

A wonderful example of God's love for all mankind.

Zec.13:8
And it shall come to pass,
that in all the land,
saith the LORD,
two parts therein shall be cut off and die;
but the third shall be left therein.

Continued jibberish taken out of context to prove nothing.

Zec.13:9
And I will bring the third part through the fire,
and will refine them as silver is refined,
and will try them as gold is tried:
they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them:
I will say,
It is my people:
and they shall say,
The LORD is my God.

Those who worship & believe in God and accept him as their lord will be magically turned into silver & gold as an acient translation and reference to human's superficial lust for wealth, power & worldly possessions.

There are also just as many references to show that the 'punishment' is a cleansing step it also has a set time limit. If you or others don't know that part, or reject it out of hand as being what the Bible promotes that is your concern, not mine.,

Not my concern as none of the above has anything to do with the original post & topic at hand...... the topic isn't about the bible, it's about people like you who use the bible, twist the vauge words within the bible, that were written by a lowly human like you and I, and using those words in the bible to justify meddling in the affairs and business of others who don't share their views, and continue to finger wag at them that they're going to go to hell or be smitted by God.

For every bible passage you dig up, there are several other passages in the bible that directly contradict..... which is why the religion is so screwed up today and contains so many schisms.

Thanks for trying to side-track though.

Now you need great debating skills to post on a thread that attacks your group rather than some individual who just happens to be part of the same group. If that was a requirement the net would be a desert, what did your post add to what the OP started off, I missed that part of your post or is this just a support bump even though you added nothing, you even replied in detail to a point you classified as being totally useless. It's one thing to have a valid bitch and quite another when the motivator for the OP is too much time on their hands.

If you knew how to read beyond your selective view of posts, you'd see that I not only agreed to the original post's point, but also I added other examples & arguments, as well as logical explanations to the situation at hand.

What have you done?

Gone on about bible quotes & avoided what the topic is actually about..... you flailed your armed up in the air about people stating their opinion on a specific topic and ranted about them not knowing anything about the bible, when what's being talked about isn't the bible at all, but some of those who believe in it and God.

In other words, I added a hell of a lot more to the topic then you have.

Thanks for playing though.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
First off, I don't need to debate bible quotes with you to debate the topic at hand, because the topic is about the people who try to finger point at others and judge them on whether or not they're going to hell or getting smitted by God, as if they somehow know without a doubt.

Not my concern as none of the above has anything to do with the original post & topic at hand...... the topic isn't about the bible, it's about people like you who use the bible, twist the vauge words within the bible, that were written by a lowly human like you and I, and using those words in the bible to justify meddling in the affairs and business of others who don't share their views, and continue to finger wag at them that they're going to go to hell or be smitted by God.

For every bible passage you dig up, there are several other passages in the bible that directly contradict..... which is why the religion is so screwed up today and contains so many schisms.
The topic is some Christians have given him the impression that a person who is currently a non-believer will miss out on any of the rewards that are said to be available fore some, and that is being waved in their faces intentionally. Rather than just give him some personal opionion if he can read the same verses that contributed to my version being that it is true that at the first moment gathering can take place that not everybody is invited to that part of being gathered. ( the reason may surprise you) and the ones who are gathered last also make up the biggest group., again to believe it the reader should read the actual passages to make sure he agrees with that 'promotion', if not, the reasons then become the next part of the conversation. Repetions of 'He doesn't exist' really only need to be posted once, yet .......... Just sayin .......

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A wonderful example of God's love for all mankind.

If you knew how to read beyond your selective view of posts, you'd see that I not only agreed to the original post's point, but also I added other examples & arguments, as well as logical explanations to the situation at hand.
You expect Him to straighten sinful angels out without doing anything 'mean', be content that the end of 'things' has that part of God being the most obvious trait. The jealous wrath means He cared enough to even have a 'gathering plan' in the first place. If a person has to think God is a bad hombre before he can be an Atheist, well that's just plain strange.

How do you know a doctrine is twisted id the 'comparison' is not to be 'shared' in any detail?

I hadn't read your post to ES when I made my reply, sue me for reading out of order lol, even after reading it that doesn't shed any light on what the OP was pissed of at, specifically. You trials and tribulations aren't really a concern, if they did I would have posted something.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Oh BalsTar!.(Praxius)( Battlestar.G. Great Series by the way..#1.)
-------------------------------------

All in 1..1 and All..
God is.. What iITt. is ...Infinitesimally to Infinetly More, and on, For...Ever ..More..Forward into Forever.. Ever More..!...
Is What it is ..What it was, and allways Will /Shall Be..
Big G,,,
So just relax ..
let it be...

Go with the flow..

Ride the wave

Tap in ..And
Just .. Let it.. Be..
Let it Be Good/Positive (Oh.Big G.. Please let it be good/Positive)
Hallelujah..
All Mighty..!
All Bless
God Bless
Ehman!

Last edited: