Paul Calandra makes tearful apology to Tom Mulcair, House for non-answers

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If you just posted stories about your manliest all the time, then we wouldn't have to bother figuring out the subtext of your politics.

"Should we do something about ISIS?"
"I can bench press 300lbs!"

"How can we improve the economy?"
"I never cry!"

"Immigration?"
"I drive a truck!"

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If you just posted stories about your manliest all the time, then we wouldn't have to bother figuring out the subtext of your politics.

"I never cry!"

"Immigration?"
"I drive a truck!"
Do carry all that pretentious bs around with you all day, or just online? Just out of curiosity.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

"I never cry!"

"Immigration?"
"I drive a truck!"

So it's appropriate for Member of the House to weep during Question Period? Would it not be better if they all just behaved like adults in the first place instead of like some grade three classroom who's teacher stepped out for a smoke?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So it's appropriate for Member of the House to weep during Question Period? Would it not be better if they all just behaved like adults in the first place instead of like some grade three classroom who's teacher stepped out for a smoke?

I was waiting for the Come to Jesus moment, then remembered he was a Politician.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Paul Calandra is an excellent example of what is wrong with Canadian politics.
Our system lends itself to electing people just like this. He is a product of extreme laziness in the democratic process, if you want to call it that.
The ignorant slums of southern Ontario, who are are probable most influenced by a cheesy attack ad on television that any intelligent assessment of the issues of government.

There should be rules:
#1 If you are wealthy, you should not be allowed to vote or influence a vote. You are doing fine and do not need the protection of regulation or social policy.
#2 If you are poor, you should not be allowed to vote. You are where you are in life for a reason, don't drag the rest down with your poor decision making.

You all know I'm right.....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Paul Calandra is an excellent example of what is wrong with Canadian politics.
Our system lends itself to electing people just like this. He is a product of extreme laziness in the democratic process, if you want to call it that.
The ignorant slums of southern Ontario, who are are probable most influenced by a cheesy attack ad on television that any intelligent assessment of the issues of government.

There should be rules:
#1 If you are wealthy, you should not be allowed to vote or influence a vote. You are doing fine and do not need the protection of regulation or social policy.
#2 If you are poor, you should not be allowed to vote. You are where you are in life for a reason, don't drag the rest down with your poor decision making.

You all know I'm right.....

Too many Scoobie Treats....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Too many Scoobie Treats....
Snacks, they're called snacks, lol.

On another note...

Oh Cannuck you poor poor lad. I can see I've hurt your feelings in some way.

Maybe you should take some of your money and your limited time and do something that takes your mind off of whatever it is that I've done that so offends you. You poor sensitive lad you, lolz.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Crying now in Question Period. Well, it was bound to happen. It's been a school yard playground for years.

Call me a cynic, but I really doubt that was anything more than the straight faced lies we get from politicians. Sometimes it's convenient to look like a sad sack of $hit...like when you don't have the minerals to stand by what you said after the media slaps you around a bit. Question period is like reality TV...they read from a prepared script.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

the arsehole in the middle was on his feet a clapping away at the apology along with the rest of student council.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Paul Calandra's behaviour this week -- first preening arrogance, then blubbering self pity -- is symptomatic of Conservative politics.

Indeed, though he made a point of absolving the “kids in short pants” in the Prime Minister’s Office of any responsibility for Tuesday’s performance, news reports later indicated that it was in fact at their insistence. And though he can be faulted for accepting the assignment, he is hardly the first to do so. Pierre Poilievre, Dean Dal Mastro — there is never a shortage of eager young backbenchers ready to sacrifice their conscience, their dignity and their reputation in the prime minister’s service.
The Conservatives have raised the contempt of Parliament to a new high. Consider the parade of Harper's parliamentary secretaries -- Pierre Poilievre, Dean del Maestro and now Calandra. What does that collection of blubbering boobs say about the man who appointed them?

There is nothing of national interest any more in the House of Commons. Everything is now about self interest. And, therefore, everyday we see nothing but complete contempt for the fundamental institution of our democracy:

It says that the Prime Minister doesn't respect Canadians and he cares only about getting it -- (power) and them. (the opposition)............

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lolz...

The gov't was quite clear as to what the mission is. Why is that so hard for the defenders of Islamic atrocities to grasp?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Pottery Barn Rule.................
Broke what? Own what?

You actually have to be talking about something tangible. There's no mystery about what our present mission is.

Unless we're talking about the imagination of bobbleheads.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Broke what? Own what?

You actually have to be talking about something tangible. There's no mystery about what our present mission is.

Unless we're talking about the imagination of bobbleheads.

The USA broke open the middles eastern Koran Thumpers by dislodging Saddam. We all know that was a false war. If the USA wants to fight these Islamics, let them use their own money and people. Canadians should not have to participate.

I'll give you some background

Click on the links to read/watch........

When the US invaded Iraq in 2003, Canadians protested in huge numbers, adding their voices to the unprecedented global outcry (link is external) against the "pre-emptive" war. It was that massive public support - almost statistical unanimity - that allowed Jean Chretien to keep Canadian Forces out (link is external) of the war.

Even Stephen Harper, who as Opposition Leader was as gung-ho (link is external) as any Connecticut Cowboy (link is external), has since admitted that the war was "absolutely an error (link is external)". What's more, even most USians now agree (link is external) that other countries, such as Canada, were right to not support the invasion.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The USA broke open the middles eastern Koran Thumpers by dislodging Saddam. We all know that was a false war. If the USA wants to fight these Islamics, let them use their own money and people. Canadians should not have to participate.

I'll give you some background

Click on the links to read/watch........

When the US invaded Iraq in 2003, Canadians protested in huge numbers, adding their voices to the unprecedented global outcry (link is external) against the "pre-emptive" war. It was that massive public support - almost statistical unanimity - that allowed Jean Chretien to keep Canadian Forces out (link is external) of the war.

Even Stephen Harper, who as Opposition Leader was as gung-ho (link is external) as any Connecticut Cowboy (link is external), has since admitted that the war was "absolutely an error (link is external)". What's more, even most USians now agree (link is external) that other countries, such as Canada, were right to not support the invasion.
That's nice, and has nothing to do with the implication of your toon.