Paris riots

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
It must be nice to live in a black or white reality. There are more than just two choices out there.

Not for believers, The rest of us are saying that humans are probably apart of the problem, not the whole problem, mother nature does have roll in this. The tax grab is not the solution it's a wealth transfer with very minimal effect on environment. We are saying that oil isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future and that the alternative energy available right now are not the solution. A feasible solution should be researched and tested until it can overtake oil in the real world pricing, but not by artificially inflating oil to make it look attractive.

Maybe we should be looking at nature for a bigger carbon sink to balance emissions, a more aggressive plant species to gobble up more carbon dioxide for food, with better nodules to trap the carbon is not out of reach. IMO

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Artificially inflating oil?

Oil is only artificially inflated. It's real value is pennies a bbl.

Look at what Notely just did. Look what OPEC just did.

Artificially inflating the price of oil by arbitrarily reducing the supply,

This is exactly why oil is so poorly suited as an energy source.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If a reasonable solution to the 'supposed' root cause was presented and the riots increased then something else is in play. The Ukraine went to shit the same way did it not. (No link to before snipers were shooting people in the back)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Artificially inflating oil?
Oil is only artificially inflated. It's real value is pennies a bbl.
Look at what Notely just did. Look what OPEC just did.
Artificially inflating the price of oil by arbitrarily reducing the supply,
This is exactly why oil is so poorly suited as an energy source.

Are you trying to argue that the Carbon tax isn't trying to artificially raise the price of Oil/fuel to make people think about using less and making alternative energy more affordable and attractive? Haven't there been other taxes put on fuel to be earmarked for mass transportation to reduce greenhouse gases? Isn't there penalties in place on vehicle manufacturers and fuel suppliers if they cannot meet emission standards?

All these taxes and mandates have added to the cost of fuel have they not? So therefore we are paying for more than the actual cost of producing fuel and a profit no? So wouldn't you call that inflating the price of fuel outside of acceptable parameters?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not for believers, The rest of us are saying that humans are probably apart of the problem, not the whole problem, mother nature does have roll in this. The tax grab is not the solution it's a wealth transfer with very minimal effect on environment. We are saying that oil isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future and that the alternative energy available right now are not the solution. A feasible solution should be researched and tested until it can overtake oil in the real world pricing, but not by artificially inflating oil to make it look attractive.

Maybe we should be looking at nature for a bigger carbon sink to balance emissions, a more aggressive plant species to gobble up more carbon dioxide for food, with better nodules to trap the carbon is not out of reach. IMO
I've been saying for years, carbon dioxide is a smoke screen. The real problem is pollution, garbage islands the size of Texas, rivers flowing in plastic bottles, Oceans dying, rivers dying, land being poisoned.... all man made.
Yes, climate change is caused by a number of factors, but garbage is a major contributor.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I've been saying for years, carbon dioxide is a smoke screen. The real problem is pollution, garbage islands the size of Texas, rivers flowing in plastic bottles, Oceans dying, rivers dying, land being poisoned.... all man made.
Yes, climate change is caused by a number of factors, but garbage is a major contributor.

Carbon tax won't fix that either

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is that happening in North America?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
from a guy who debates using face book memes himself.

You are PATHETIC and high larious doood.
Find one facebook meme I used....
I make my own bloody memes
Just google....... " image flip lv2jm memes"
Edit: Three or four on that page are not mine and there are a few that don't show up because not all are public...

From the guy who into conspiracies everywhere.............. that's rich!

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

This one is for you, Sleepy...

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

What you have posted makes too much common sense Twin, and it doesn't fit with their ideology. It's simply … well taboo to even think that there are alternatives we can do when there's no money in it for those who are pushing the status quo. They'd sooner steal money "legislatively" so they can line their pockets and make themselves feel superior while bankrupting the rest of us and calling us names cuz we don't believe as they do don't 'cha know? Has absolutely nothing to do with climate change which is why I find it so astonishing that people are falling for this BS. But, when it comes to greed, there are no bounds I guess.

JMHO