Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
He's more reminiscent of Jerry Lewis

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I'm waiting with baited anticipation what our revered Climate Barbie has to say about this

"We have a strong message for climate polluters: We'll see you in court," said Fijian activist Makereta Waqavonovono, a legal practitioner with the Pacific Islands Climate Action Network who made it clear that Fiji expects help from wealthier countries to pay for relocating about 800 coastal villages that will be flooded by rising sea levels in the next few decades.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'm waiting with baited anticipation what our revered Climate Barbie has to say about this

"We have a strong message for climate polluters: We'll see you in court," said Fijian activist Makereta Waqavonovono, a legal practitioner with the Pacific Islands Climate Action Network who made it clear that Fiji expects help from wealthier countries to pay for relocating about 800 coastal villages that will be flooded by rising sea levels in the next few decades.

For sure Trudeau will hand over a big check

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

My guess is that she will ignore it. The signatories of the Paris Deal never really intended to do anything about the climate.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Sadly, that cheque would not come from his bank account. It would have been provided by the taxpayers. It's always easier to spend someone else's money.

I can spend other people’s money all day long. Its my own i tend to be careful with

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Bonn has simply reinforced that the Paris Deal is as good as it is going to get.

The MSM won't tell you so you have to go to the extreme ecotarded source to get the real feel of the zealots.

Climate Change Hopes Vanish into Thin Air

http://www.indepthnews.net/index.php/opinion/1494-climate-change-hopes-vanish-into-thin-air

Some snippets...

Criticism has centred on the failure to establish either a "compliance control committee" or a "sanctioning mechanism" against countries which do not respect the commitments they have entered into.

In real terms, no significant decisions were made regarding the following:

• a compensation mechanism for loss and damage;
  • funding of compensation measures designed to induce developing countries to reduce emissions;
  • transparency of the funding to be granted for implementation of mitigation and adaptation measures

Responsibility for failure is mainly due to the national selfishness of the most industrialized countries, which, although they claim to want to move forward regardless of Trump's positions, have distinguished themselves by their absence or "vague" declarations.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Bonn has simply reinforced that the Paris Deal is as good as it is going to get.

The MSM won't tell you so you have to go to the extreme ecotarded source to get the real feel of the zealots.

Climate Change Hopes Vanish into Thin Air

http://www.indepthnews.net/index.php/opinion/1494-climate-change-hopes-vanish-into-thin-air

Some snippets...

Criticism has centred on the failure to establish either a "compliance control committee" or a "sanctioning mechanism" against countries which do not respect the commitments they have entered into.

In real terms, no significant decisions were made regarding the following:

• a compensation mechanism for loss and damage;
  • funding of compensation measures designed to induce developing countries to reduce emissions;
  • transparency of the funding to be granted for implementation of mitigation and adaptation measures

Responsibility for failure is mainly due to the national selfishness of the most industrialized countries, which, although they claim to want to move forward regardless of Trump's positions, have distinguished themselves by their absence or "vague" declarations.

So its all just a big joke? Well talk about being blindsided :roll:

I never saw this one coming

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
In essence, Trump gave the rest of the Western World cover. They could criticize the United States for officially bailing on the agreement while they secretly bail on the agreement.

Things we've learned...

• Nobody is sticking to their commitments
  • Nobody has any intention to stick to their commitments
  • Nobody is going to pay a dime more than what they want to pay

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
In essence, Trump gave the rest of the Western World cover. They could criticize the United States for officially bailing on the agreement while they secretly bail on the agreement.

Things we've learned...

Maybe we need to start a other Trump thread to discuss this

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
My guess is that she will ignore it. The signatories of the Paris Deal never really intended to do anything about the climate.

Keeping to true fashion, Climate barbie will see, hear and believe only what she wants to regardless of what the reality is.

Things we've learned...

You forgot one really important point

• There is no official body tasked with assessing compliance

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Keeping to true fashion, Climate barbie will see, hear and believe only what she wants to regardless of what the reality is.

All she really needs to do is convince the collective. By that I mean the mass that needs to just hear that Canada is not only fighting climate change but can actually lead the world in the fight.

You forgot one really important point

• There is no official body tasked with assessing compliance

This is where the problem is for Justin and Barbie... the zealots. The True Believers. They KNOW that nothing is being done at all. They KNOW that not one nation is keeping to it's commitments and there is no mechanism to make them stay in compliance or make them pay.