Our Glorious Afghan Mission

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Yeah? How's that turning out? Any prison breaks lately? :lol: DOH!
You are in an state of denial. Get your head out of your butt and realize that the yankees are the root of all the problems in the world... yes because of their arrogance and hypocracy...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You are in an state of denial. Get your head out of your butt and realize that the yankees are the root of all the problems in the world... yes because of their arrogance and hypocracy...

Being from Boston and a Boston Red Sox fan I could not agree with you more. The Yankees are truly the root of all problems and of course...THEY SUCK.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Being from Boston and a Boston Red Sox fan I could not agree with you more. The Yankees are truly the root of all problems and of course...THEY SUCK.
From bean town eh? Must be related to Charles Emerson Winchester III from what I've seen...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
From bean town eh? Must be related to Charles Emerson Winchester III from what I've seen...

Yes... I am related to a fictional character.

From Canada eh? You must be related to Dudley Do-Right.

What a dope.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

This bit of silliness is borders on insanity........

Have you read what you've written here?

time for some self-examination.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
This bit of silliness is borders on insanity........

Have you read what you've written here?

time for some self-examination.

Why do you think the yanks are the most hated people in the world?
Think hypocracy and arrogance for starters...

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
There were many Afghan recruits, to be sure, but the movement began in Pakistan.
JtF, I just found some proof that the Taliban are truly Afghanis. Please, read this excellent chapter from the book, Fundamentalism Reborn?, by William Maley, the best read I've come across in a while.
The fact that the Taliban leadership is entirely indigenous to Afghanistan and fiercely independent does not detract from their social, economic and political links to Pakistan's own tribal milieu on the Pakistani-Afghanistan border.

http://www.rawa.org/arashid.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to bring this to your attention.;-)

The Western forces should feel ashamed to fight such great, tough, dedicated and strong people... and that under disguise of fake humanitarian concern!!

How cheap and degrading the western media treats these wonderful people, and brainwashes us into hating these people. Sad and disgusting!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Why do you think the yanks are the most hated people in the world?
Think hypocracy and arrogance for starters...

First of all, the Yanks are probably not the most hated people on earth....in fact, in large parts of the world, to become a Yank is the penultimate ambition of the people.....

The Yanks, I dare say, are probably not even the most hated people in Iraq......tribal hatreds run so much deeper.

As for all the ills of the world....how are the Yanks responsible for China, central Africa, Darfur, North Korea, the slide of Russia back into dictatorship, the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe, Burma, Somalia, and on and on and on..........

Hypocracy? The Yanks couldn't hold a candle to the Chinese.......

Arrogance? One word: France.

I say this in all seriousness: If there is to be only one super-power on earth, you should daily get down on your knees and thank God Almioghty that it is the United States of America.

It could be China. Or the old USSR.

Canadians are continually blinded to the good part of the Americans by our proximity, and by a huge inferiority complex. God, how lucky we are!

we could live next to China.

Or the old USSR.

Give it a break.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
First of all, the Yanks are probably not the most hated people on earth....in fact, in large parts of the world, to become a Yank is the penultimate ambition of the people.....

The Yanks, I dare say, are probably not even the most hated people in Iraq......tribal hatreds run so much deeper.

As for all the ills of the world....how are the Yanks responsible for China, central Africa, Darfur, North Korea, the slide of Russia back into dictatorship, the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe, Burma, Somalia, and on and on and on..........

Hypocracy? The Yanks couldn't hold a candle to the Chinese.......

Arrogance? One word: France.

I say this in all seriousness: If there is to be only one super-power on earth, you should daily get down on your knees and thank God Almioghty that it is the United States of America.

It could be China. Or the old USSR.

Canadians are continually blinded to the good part of the Americans by our proximity, and by a huge inferiority complex. God, how lucky we are!

we could live next to China.

Or the old USSR.

Give it a break.

Jeebus Colpy you're crossing the border again.:lol:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
JtF, I just found some proof that the Taliban are truly Afghanis. Please, read this excellent chapter from the book, Fundamentalism Reborn?, by William Maley, the best read I've come across in a while.

http://www.rawa.org/arashid.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to bring this to your attention.;-)

Yes there are Afghani Talibans, as there are Iranian and Nigerian, Sudanese, etc. etc. Talibans. Still, the movement began and is strongest in Pakistan.

The Western forces should feel ashamed to fight such great, tough, dedicated and strong people... and that under disguise of fake humanitarian concern!!

How cheap and degrading the western media treats these wonderful people, and brainwashes us into hating these people. Sad and disgusting!

Yeah, strong and dedicated to killing anyone who doesn't submit to their strict rule. These are people who lash kids for flying kites and beat women who accidentally expose an ankle in public.

These are the people who flew airplanes into the the WTC and the pentagon, etc. etc.

I think your admiration is grossly misplaced.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Again, the Taliban are almost entirely Afghan (Pashtun ethnic group)

The Taliban are not a majority Afghani (Citizens of Afghanistan).

For Dancing Loon, Think of it similar to Austrians and Germans.

The Talibans would be like Germanic peoples from Austria

Moving into Germany and taking it over, saying its their divine right.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Again, the Taliban are almost entirely Afghan (Pashtun ethnic group)

The Taliban are not a majority Afghani (Citizens of Afghanistan).

For Dancing Loon, Think of it similar to Austrians and Germans.

The Talibans would be like Germanic peoples from Austria

Moving into Germany and taking it over, saying its their divine right.

Good comparison

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The Canadian Press
July 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM EDT

HALIFAX — Defence Minister Peter MacKay insisted Wednesday that Canadian troops are not in Afghanistan to guard a new natural gas pipeline being built through the southern part of the country.
Mr. MacKay told a Halifax radio talk show that Canada has to let Afghanistan map its own future.
He said fears that Canadian troops may end up paying a hefty price to protect the U.S.-backed project from insurgents are unfounded.
“We have to decide what role, if any, we'll play,” Mr. MacKay said. “We are not there specifically to protect a pipeline across Afghanistan.”

Enlarge Image Defence Minister Peter MacKay takes part in a briefing on Canada's involvement in Afghanistan. (Fred Chartrand/CP)

The minister said it is incidental to the role Canadians are already playing.
“We're going to try and prevent chaos. If the Taliban are attacking certain places in the country or certain projects, then yes we will play a role.”
The proposed pipeline would run through Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
Construction is scheduled to start in 2010, one year before Canada's Afghan mission is expected to end.
Mr. MacKay said Canada's primary purpose is to help the people of Afghanistan help themselves.
“Our primary purpose there is to build that country to the point where they can walk on their own and then we're coming home.”

A truely dispicable human being is this Mackay. Watch your back arround him, he likes sneaky knife work.