Orthodox Jewish men keep delaying flights by refusing to sit next to women

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
no I would still have a problem with it

when the old Reitman brothers used to fly (Orthodox Jews) I don't recall planes leaving late because of needing special seating and their family is kosher thus they could not eat the airline meals, they used to bring their own food aboard not expect the airline to cater

when people live in a world that is this fast paced one can not expect the world to accommodate every need and whim, some balance has to be struck by all...it's possible but not with extremists

but it's only the first day of the year and indeed...oops

If I had to fly that far I would bring my own food too.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I was putting in some furniture for a Jewish couple down in Tucson awhile back. Headboard and accessories for the master bedroom. Had to wait for the electrician to move an outlet before we could complete the job. As I was waiting I could not help but notice a print on the wall. I guess the only way to describe it , would be that it was a pledge between a husband and a wife. That they would learn together, grow together and be devoted to each other as equal partners in life. They call this tradition a word which starts with a K but right now I can't seem to recall the word. As I read these words and considered my position as a divorcee, I gotta admit I had to step outside for awhile. Maybe the sentiment expressed in this thread does indicate a second class distinction of women among this strand of Judaism. But that print I read on the wall contradicts this idea. Anyways, have a happy New
Year everyone.
It's called Ketubah.I looked it up

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to Jewish Airways! Our all female travelers to Tel Aviv, please go to gate number nine. Your flight departs in 60 minutes. The male flight will depart 30 minutes later from gate 19. Thank you.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think these clowns should have to fly out on the wing. Reminds me of that video where a white woman refused to sit by a black woman and the stewardess took the black woman up to first class.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
We forgot to mention the female flights leave from JFK, the male ones from LGA.

Please note that all males must provide proof of circumcision. If you are an uncircumcised male, we ask that you arrive early so that the rabbi-on-location can circumcise you in our operations lounge.
Also, to reduce the risk of adultery and the consequent lapidation that must follow, male passengers having reached the age of maturity must be securely locked into a chastity cage and must not take any keys with them into the cabin.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Why were they not removed from the plane?
customer service, poor press, chosen lack of understanding by the public and bashing the airline, loss of future business from all sides...limited time to respond best, people on the plane getting p*ssed

pick a reason, pick multiple reasons...they had them over a barrel

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
At the time of being booked the airline is not going to ask are you a conservative Jew?
Can you imagine the howling that would take place? No special treatment if they don't
want the seat kick their *** of the plane and no refund Go one step further if it were a
slight against black people, of Jews or Asians or anyone else there would be hell to pay.
Why can this group have special privileges? Its time to crack down everyone should be
treated the same