'Operation Swarmer' Air Assault Launched in Iraq.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The United States has no right to consider itself to be of some "higher" authority on this world. They do not have the right to supercede the sovereign authority of another nation, and vice-versa.

pfunks5

Mar 16, 2006
They might not, but they do it anyway. The reason the usa has the right to consider that is for the face that we are the most powerful. Who ever the most powerful country is at any time , usuallly doesnt things to help there own insterests. Thats just how it works. Maybe some a canadian will know what its like to have power

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
When the United States leaves Iraq at the request of the Iraqi Government the United States may keep a large Force stationed in Kuwait to support the new Government if called upon.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Other countries have asked the usa to do the thing, and the answer they recieved was NO. We have put so many resources over there, do you actaully think we spent all the money to just get up and leave.

Good old America.

Kind of reminds me of Britain in the 18th and 19th century. Britain must be proud, her daughter has now become a full flegded imperial power and it doesn't care about the rule of international law.

However, all imperial powers come to an end.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
And I already said the Links were from 2004. And that is kind of funny about you saying Liberal as I expected you to say, because you or I can't try to tell each other who's link is bias or not because I can't tell if your link is biased and you can't with mine unless you show proof that they are totally anti-war.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
2004, Washington Post

Four out of five Iraqis report holding a negative view of the U.S. occupation authority and of coalition forces, according to a new poll conducted for the occupation authority.

In the poll, 80 percent of the Iraqis questioned reported a lack of confidence in the Coalition Provisional Authority, and 82 percent said they disapprove of the U.S. and allied militaries in Iraq.

Although comparative numbers from previous polls are not available, "generally speaking, the trend is downward," said Donald Hamilton, a senior counselor to civilian administrator L. Paul Bremer. The occupation authority has been commissioning such surveys in Iraq since late last year, he said. This one was taken in Baghdad and several other Iraqi cities in late March and early April, shortly before the surge in anti-coalition violence and a few weeks before the detainee-abuse scandal became a major issue for the U.S. authorities in Iraq.

The new polling data, which have not been publicly released, are provoking concern among occupation authority officials and in Washington because they provide additional evidence that the U.S. effort in Iraq is not winning over Iraqi public opinion. The Bush administration and the U.S. military have said that the keys to the United States achieving its goals in Iraq are winning at least mild support from most Iraqis and creating Iraqi forces to provide security.

"How to . . . win the hearts and minds of the people [in Iraq] is one of the things that we really have to work at," Army Lt. Gen. Keith B. Alexander, head of Army intelligence, told the Senate Armed Services Committee earlier this week. "I mean, that is the key to solving not only that problem but the rest of the problems in the Middle East."

Hamilton, who said he oversees public opinion issues for Bremer, declined to provide the number of Iraqis surveyed or other methodological details but said in an e-mail that "polls here are generally reliable" and that the new findings were consistent with those of other polls. He referred other questions to occupation authority spokesman Daniel Senor, who did not respond to requests by telephone and e-mail for comment and for historical data.

The new data reflect the fact that "the occupation, and the occupation forces, are getting increasingly unpopular," said Jeffrey White, a former Middle Eastern affairs analyst for the Defense Intelligence Agency. In recent months, he said, "A lot of people, including me, have been getting very pessimistic."

Reflecting that trend, the proportion of Baghdad residents who reported worries about safety has steadily increased: In the new poll, 70 percent named security as the "most urgent issue" they faced, up from 50 percent in January, 60 percent in February and 65 percent a month later.

Overall, 63 percent of those polled said security was the most urgent issue facing Iraq. In addition to Baghdad, the poll was conducted in the northern city of Mosul and the southern cities of Basra, Nasiriyah and Karbala. Some questions also were asked in the troubled western town of Ramadi.

In the poll, which was taken just before the April uprising of the militia led by radical Shiite Muslim cleric Moqtada Sadr, a large proportion of Iraqis from the central and southern parts of the country said they backed him, with 45 percent of those in Baghdad saying they support him, and 67 percent in Basra.

Those numbers are striking because the U.S. military and the occupation authority have declared Sadr a public enemy whom they want to kill or capture. The Army has been maneuvering in central Iraq for weeks, occasionally fighting parts of his militia but avoiding a head-on clash in the holy city of Najaf. Yesterday, U.S. tanks and helicopters fought his militia in Karbala.

There were a few bright spots in the poll. The Iraqi police received a 79 percent positive rating, the best of the seven institutions about which questions were asked. The reformed Iraqi army was not far behind, with a 61 percent positive rating.

Those polled were broadly divided on who should appoint the interim government that is supposed to take over limited power from the occupation authority at the end of June. The largest group, 27 percent, said the Iraqi people should appoint the new leaders, while 23 percent said judges should. Only one-tenth of 1 percent said that the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council should name the government, which is supposed to run Iraq until elections are held next year. None said the occupation authority should.

Indicating a general skepticism of foreign involvement in their political future, 83 percent of those polled said that only Iraqis should be involved in supervising the 2005 elections.

The poll's findings appeared consistent with one taken about the same time in Iraq by USA Today, CNN and Gallup, which found that 57 percent of Iraqis wanted foreign troops to leave immediately.

Some senior Pentagon officials have a different view of the situation. "The truth is, the majority of the Iraqi people want democracy in Iraq to succeed and are positive about what the future holds, thanks in large part to the efforts of our servicemen and women," the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Air Force Gen. Richard B. Myers, said at a Senate hearing yesterday.

A poll released yesterday found that U.S. public opinion on Iraq also is shifting. "For the first time, a majority of Americans -- 51 percent -- say the war is not going well," the Pew Research Center reported. That is double the percentage who said that in January. But the poll said 53 percent of Americans favor keeping troops there until a stable Iraqi government is established.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22403-2004May12.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/29/iraq.poll/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4511688.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4369350.stm

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
And I already said the Links were from 2004. And that is kind of funny about you saying Liberal as I expected you to say, because you or I can't try to tell each other who's link is bias or not because I can't tell if your link is biased and you can't with mine unless you show proof that they are totally anti-war.

The Links you posted were from ABC, USA Today, and Anti-War.com Those are Bias as they are part of the MSM who Anti-Bush and Anti-War.

The second Links you posted are from the BBC and CNN and the Washington Post who are Anti-War and Anti-Bush.

The MSM are Liberal Media who are Bias:ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, USA Today, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine.

As I said the only perhaps legit link you posted was the Iraqi Blog link. as the Iraqi Blog link I posted.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
You are telling me that CNN, and the Washington Post is Anti Bush.

Oh my god that is so funny.

The CNN is so pro-Bush it is so funny.
Sorry to burst your bubble, CNN and the Washington Post are Anti-Bush as they are part of the Liberal MSM.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: 'Operation Swarmer' A

101st Airborne Division's 3rd Brigade Combat Team

I worked with some of them in Afghanistan, they're a good lot of soldiers. I feel sorry for the insurgents :)

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jersay said:
Now, let me guess most American media outlets are Liberal?

CNN and Fox do not constitute the majority of media outlets in the US. Yes the media is mostly liberal in the US, again, it's a matter of persepective.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Here is what you won't hear reported in the MSM about Operation Swarmer. On March 9th The Sunni tribal leaders and Clerics had a meeting with the the US Military Command in Ramahdi about the insurgents and to discuss what it will take for america to draw down it's troop presence.

After the meeting the foreign insurgents started killing Sunnies that were at the meeting. Including some very high ranking Clerics and leaders. Well the rest of the sunni leaders then turned over to the Americans intelligence on where the foreign insurgents were.

This is what led to this raid today in the middle of the Sunni triangle. It seems that the Al Qaeda types have been targeting any Sunni that wants to cooperate with the Shiites in the hope that it would cause the government to fall before it starts but it has backfired and the Sunnies are not only turning them in but killing the insurgents themselves in a blood feud.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I have read the same report.

The Al Qaida forces have moved to the East of Iraq after the Sunni tribes started killing foreign insurgents believed to be Al Qaida members. However, most insurgents have nothing to do with Al Qaida in Iraq and they are around about 20,000 strong so this doesn't dent them in any way.