Open the books of all Gov't & Crown corporations

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Oh. Private health records are....private. If you want someone else's records, forget it. Without their consent, it's none of your business (assuming that you are not the legal guardian).

If you want a copy of your own file, you need to see your doctor, sign a form, and probably pay to have it copied.

If you want a copy of your hospital records, go to the Hospital administration, most of them have a patient advocate or ombudsman who can help you.

I didn't mean private health records, excuse me.
I meant what dumpthemonarchy meant, which is...not private records..

And Avro..please don't type towards me...I don't want you and I certainly don't want you're "love"

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Unknown amounts of oil and gas produced

This thread makes a very good point - we really DON'T know how much money is being spent, or siphoned off..Spending by governments is not accurately accounted, and the reason for that is obvious to me - it is so they can help their friends and not get caught.

The public deserves better!!

An example was revealed today on the Alberta Global news where they said that "the amount of oil and gas being produced is NOT known, so the royalties cannot be accurately calculated".

It should be a simple matter to have oil and gas meters - like every house has for their gas natural delivery - that the government can read, but nope - industry claims it would be a violation of their competitive strategy, or some such line. Really!!

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
corporations are more powerful than people, therefore they have greater rights.

It's not right, but it's true. Any man standing against a corporation is going to be royally screwed. that's the way it's been for centuries.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
So, I punch in "Canada federal deficit" and I can't get a summary of how much the federal government is in debt this year or last. I mean a quick summary of how much the debt and deficit are. The debt is the total, the deficit is year by year. Why doesn't a think tank in Canada gather all this information? It would seem quite simple.

The federal government, oddly, has articles on what it spends. No quick summaries either. How much do we spend each year on paying off the debt? What percentage of our federal taxes goes toward paying off the debt?