Onward Christian Soldiers Exit Stage Left !!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Here I am again, including your post in my response...

So what you are saying is that before the U.S. came on the scene, Christians were regularly meeted with cheers, and "hi-fives" on the streets of Sadr City. Is that correct?

"until the US stops attacking their country, Iraqi Christians will never be safe. It's unfortunate that people can't seperate the politics from the religion." I never said they were safe before, or that there wasn't strife in the region. But, I guarantee that so long as Bush is bombing Iraq, and invoking the name of God as he does it, they'll continue to be in danger.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
This whole situation in Iraq reminds me of Mob wars. Don Hussein is gone now, in his absence people begin fighting for power and control. This isn't a war that can be won. These people aren't ready for democracy, obviously. When AMerica is out of Iraq, whenever that is, how long do you suppose until Muqtada or someone else usurps the control...
I actually do think they want a form of democracy, just not the same one as we have. Something like a democracy with religious overtones would be what they'd like, I think.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What the Middle East is going through is exactly what the Europeans went through during Medieval times. Religious upheaval. The Hundred Years War devastated Europe and it was primarily over religion. Christians battling Christians, Princes battling Princes all over religion. Muslims just never evolved. They haven't.

I have to agree with some of these folks... after we leave there very well may be a dictatorship in Iraq. It could be a Sunni one again. Even though they are the minority they have proven time and again that they have the will and the know how to conquer and keep what they have won. The ****e just doesn't have the ability that their Sunni brothers (cough) have.

** Is the word S H I T E banned? LOL... What should we call them?