Ontario to get mandatory sensitivity training on indigenous people, history

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Nothing mod-related at all. Post-memory, google and common sense.

p.s. I'm a retired mod anywho. Five has my keys. ;-)
I've noticed that his old buddy Avro has been looking over his shoulder a lot lately.........
Maybe his way of encouraging him.......:lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I've read the course outlined in the local high school, who have a FN course, since we have a rez in the region. If she follows that format, it isn't revisionist and quite frankly lacks much of the history it should contain.

Just an FYI, when my sons took courses at Enaahtig learning centre (An Anish learning and healing centre in Victoria Harbour Ont), I made sure they were exempt from the course portion on "Living in a colonial state". The course outline was racist, divisive and quite frankly, one of the biggest problems with healthy integration into modern society, as far as i was concerned.

I was fortunate to grow up on the peninsula of Vancouver Island with the Coast Salish people. Our school was mixed and we often had the elders come to share stories with us. What we were never told about was the true history of the conflict between europeans and natives. I learned some of it from the stories told, from my friends and their parents and the rest cause I'm extraordinarily curious about different cultures.

What about the living in a colonial state did you find not good?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Perhaps that just because I admit that I'm a troll, doesn't negate my ability to have an adult conversation.
Actually it does as it shows you are childish and embittered little boy who has to resort to trolling to make yourself appear to be the superior person in a (any) conversation. Take away your troll posts and there might be a total of 1 a month that remains and I'm being very generous with that ratio.
You are proud that you get your entertainment by trolling others yet you demand that you not be trolled, you can become a bigger fuktard than that and you *** would have been grass a long time ago if it was not for the special treatment you receive. (rather than deserve)
Only a insecure child rates posts, let alone the way you do. That is one of the best insights at how insecure you are and that your 'trolling abilities' is severely limited to the few people that can't formulate any comeback, let alone one that cuts through your constant stream of bull****.

I've noticed that his old buddy Avro has been looking over his shoulder a lot lately.........
Maybe his way of encouraging him.......:lol:
Coming from somebody that is only a hand holder (at best and ball licker at worst) you would know just what that looks like wouldn't you?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

LOL

Oh wow.

I kinda feel sorry for that guy and even worse for you lot who believe I am him.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was fortunate to grow up on the peninsula of Vancouver Island with the Coast Salish people. Our school was mixed and we often had the elders come to share stories with us. What we were never told about was the true history of the conflict between europeans and natives. I learned some of it from the stories told, from my friends and their parents and the rest cause I'm extraordinarily curious about different cultures.
We have a rich and strong oral tradition. It came in handy when making fun of history teachers in high school.

What about the living in a colonial state did you find not good?
It focused on European colonization as the central reason for all woes. It literally taught the kids to look for racism and be offended by it, whether it was legitimate or not. Mentioned specifically, mascots and sports team franchise names as a means of oppression.

The wife and I never raised our boys to be encumbered by such idiotic and antiquated thinking. It perpetuates victimhood, inhibits success and doesn't move you forward.

Actually it does as it shows you are childish and embittered little boy who has to resort to trolling to make yourself appear to be the superior person in a (any) conversation.
You're an idiot, which is the only way you could come to such an erroneous conclusion.

It's quite clear who I troll and why.

Only an idiot would missed it, or even worse, given you a thumbs up for posting such an idiotic opinion.

LOL

Oh wow.

I kinda feel sorry for that guy and even worse for you lot who believe I am him.
Sure sure Flossy.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You know you can just look at my picture album to see that I'm not him right?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The fact that you did all that mining for someone's personal info and still came up with the wrong guy lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
We have a rich and strong oral tradition. It came in handy when making fun of history teachers in high school.

It focused on European colonization as the central reason for all woes. It literally taught the kids to look for racism and be offended by it, whether it was legitimate or not. Mentioned specifically, mascots and sports team franchise names as a means of oppression.

The wife and I never raised our boys to be encumbered by such idiotic and antiquated thinking. It perpetuates victimhood, inhibits success and doesn't move you forward.

Oh, that's too bad. They could have used those as a time to teach critical thinking and have the students come up with their own ideas about what to feel about the mascots. There is still alot of growing that needs to be done by all.

The past should not be forgotten, but does need to be put aside for moving forward towards a positive future. I think once all the schools have proper history taught to the students that includes the facts about residential schools, about reservation pass cards, and maybe each course should include the blanket experiment then students (both native and especially NON native) will understand and be able to empathize better then they can move forward positively.

A friend of mines daughter has graduated from UVIC with a masters degree and is working with her community up in Northern Saskatchewan for their betterment. She educated herself so she could protect her family up there from the gov't. She's a powerful force. Her mother raised her to be proud of her heritage and she is.

My BC includes the Coast Salish history. I couldn't imagine it without the art work, the peoples, the stories. I can imagine it without the negative stereotypes, the disrespect, and racism that still exists. Just walking around BC forests and you can see how the art came to be...it's in the trees, the moss, the mountains, the lakes, oceans, animals.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

You're an idiot, which is the only way you could come to such an erroneous conclusion.

It's quite clear who I troll and why.

Only an idiot would missed it, or even worse, given you a thumbs up for posting such an idiotic opinion.

Sure sure Flossy.
There is no shortage of that, let alone all the movies that paint Indians in a bad light yet it is only this year that any protests of that have actually surfaced. You don't seem to have been very productive in curbing those trends or even bringing them to the surface. What were you teaching the kids, to lay down and shut up the same way you did just so you could 'survive'? Perhaps that is where your troll personality took root rather than it being a result of outspoken people that called your bluffs on the web.

'The wife' you need some training there boy.

When did the EU change from the woes of today in that there was never any 'EU Spring' to make the needed changes? Today you champion their endless war that just happens to take place only in Nations that have and endless supply of natural wealth. That is the bad thing about being a troll, you always end up being the one that bites you in the ***.

That 'idiot' may have been one of your friends in the past. Nice of you to clear it up that anybody who disagrees with you is an idiot. You ego is highly over-inflated and that is caused by you alone blowing hot air up your own ***.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh, that's too bad. They could have used those as a time to teach critical thinking and have the students come up with their own ideas about what to feel about the mascots.
My kids think it would be flattering. Since the use of the imagery symbolizes strength and unity.

The past should not be forgotten, but does need to be put aside for moving forward towards a positive future. I think once all the schools have proper history taught to the students that includes the facts about residential schools, about reservation pass cards, and maybe each course should include the blanket experiment then students (both native and especially NON native) will understand and be able to empathize better then they can move forward positively.
Empathize!!! The perfect word for it. Not sympathy.

A friend of mines daughter has graduated from UVIC with a masters degree and is working with her community up in Northern Saskatchewan for their betterment. She educated herself so she could protect her family up there from the gov't. She's a powerful force. Her mother raised her to be proud of her heritage and she is.
That should be the goal. But never at the expense of others. Which sadly is how it usually turns out.

My BC includes the Coast Salish history. I couldn't imagine it without the art work, the peoples, the stories. I can imagine it without the negative stereotypes, the disrespect, and racism that still exists. Just walking around BC forests and you can see how the art came to be...it's in the trees, the moss, the mountains, the lakes, oceans, animals.
Racism is what it is. It comes in a myriad of variations. Even liberal prog policies are racist if you actually examine them.

Idiocy deleted
You're an idiot. Please stick to your Joo hating threads.

Last edited: