Ontario offers electricity deal

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Then a responsible government would raise rates by 15% and I'd be for that, as long as you don't make an exception for anyone. By the sound of the OP, it's looking as subsidizing some even more with the rest footing the bill.

Why is the government subsidizing my electricity? And why does it want to sobsidize others' even more!

I believe the subsidy was enacted when the HST was implemented.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
$50 basic for oil companies $20 for residential. They make more money off the provider fee than usage fees. A jack pump doesn't use very much wattage.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
$50 basic for oil companies $20 for residential. They make more money off the provider fee than usage fees. A jack pump doesn't use very much wattage.

Is a jack pump the only piece of oil or gas field equipment that uses electricity? I doubt that very much. In order to make more money off the fee, a house would have to use less than 185 kiloWatt hours per month. How much kiloWatt hours would a typical jack pump use in one month?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Is a jack pump the only piece of oil or gas field equipment that uses electricity? I doubt that very much. In order to make more money off the fee, a house would have to use less than 185 kiloWatt hours per month. How much kiloWatt hours would a typical jack pump use in one month?
The pump jacks are on timers so they dont run all the time and they have very small electric motors running them.
From the pumpjacks the oil go's straight to a satellite building and then battery where it's trucked out.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Yup.

Wait no. A 150W yard light too.
They use about a 40 watt on the ones where im at,we also have to bury the power lines after tieing in the wells and pipe,pipes at 7 feet and wires at 3 feet.Judging by the size of the 3 phaze power line connecting them all they dont use much.

The compressor stations at the batteries use more power then anything.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They use about a 40 watt on the ones where im at,we also have to bury the power lines after tieing in the wells and pipe,pipes at 7 feet and wires at 3 feet.Judging by the size of the 3 phaze power line connecting them all they dont use much.
I think the butler thinks rigs are tied the grid.