Olivia Chow hits Rob Ford hard in first Toronto mayoral speech

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sure, if they used any info and data from the IPCC or East Anglia.

IPCC organizes peer reviewed articles from outlets like Nature not the other way around.

But thanks for trying.

The fact that you would even consider Nature a fraudulent organization kinda compromises your position on the nature of scientific study.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Ford should dress up like John A. and show up for debates and public appearances drunk and or high on crack or meth. It would be both entertaining and pay tribute to our history.

Considering how ****ed up this nation has obviously become, with Ford running for mayor as stark evidence, we may as well have a nice laugh as we all go over the falls together.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
IPCC organizes peer reviewed articles from outlets like Nature not the other way around.

But thanks for trying.

The fact that you would even consider Nature a fraudulent organization kinda compromises your position on the nature of scientific study.

Sorry if I hurt your little feelers MF... I can only imagine the pain and sorrow that you must feel each and every day as you realize that your core beliefs on AGW are dissolving beneath your feet.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Didn't the city council strip him of virtually all power?

Well he sure isn't proving that he can continue doing his job or that he really wants it.

"Gee I was stripped of all my powers as a Mayor.... rather than fighting it or trying to prove that I deserve to be Mayor, I'll just stay as Mayor in name only, suck in the same pay cheque as Mayor and then piss off around the country and the world to live it up..... only to run as Mayor again so I can do it all again.... this is the easiest job in the world."

^ Yeah.... that gets my vote.

The thing people tend to forget (The voters and the politicians) is that people wanting to be elected for a position in politics should, at the very least, "Act" like they want the job and are qualified for that job.

I was in Toronto visiting my brother during the election that Ford won and both he and I knew he was an idiot back then.

To me, it just seems like they'll let anybody be a Mayor these days.... Olivia Chow would certainly get my vote if I lived in Toronto.

But since I don't......

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ford should dress up like John A. and show up for debates and public appearances drunk and or high on crack or meth. It would be both entertaining and pay tribute to our history.

Considering how ****ed up this nation has obviously become, with Ford running for mayor as stark evidence, we may as well have a nice laugh as we all go over the falls together.
Well I really don't think the antics of the mayor of the center of the universe will take us over any falls .

Well he sure isn't proving that he can continue doing his job or that he really wants it.

"Gee I was stripped of all my powers as a Mayor.... rather than fighting it or trying to prove that I deserve to be Mayor, I'll just stay as Mayor in name only, suck in the same pay cheque as Mayor and then piss off around the country and the world to live it up..... only to run as Mayor again so I can do it all again.... this is the easiest job in the world."

^ Yeah.... that gets my vote.

The thing people tend to forget (The voters and the politicians) is that people wanting to be elected for a position in politics should, at the very least, "Act" like they want the job and are qualified for that job.

I was in Toronto visiting my brother during the election that Ford won and both he and I knew he was an idiot back then.

To me, it just seems like they'll let anybody be a Mayor these days.... Olivia Chow would certainly get my vote if I lived in Toronto.

But since I don't......
Did your brother vote for him anyway ?