oldest religion !!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
sankrist was the first written language they say, so im going to so with confidence hinduism predates islam
Of course, it does. Islam and Christianity are the younger by thousands of years.

In mid-2006 archaeologists unearthed a 70,000 year old carved statue of a snake in Botswana. Snakes as religious symbols have been discovered all over southern Africa and may represent a single unifying concept of the earliest form of organized religious practices.
Hinduism is only 20,000 years old at the most.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Of course, it does. Islam and Christianity are the younger by thousands of years.

In mid-2006 archaeologists unearthed a 70,000 year old carved statue of a snake in Botswana. Snakes as religious symbols have been discovered all over southern Africa and may represent a single unifying concept of the earliest form of organized religious practices.

thats interesting, im oging to check it out more thanks anna i have something to read today :D

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California

Of course, we can only humanly keep accounts of our history dated back so far...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Exactly. There is a differnce between oldest documented religion and how God was on this earth before humans even evolved.
There's a difference in evidence, too, though. There is evidence of old, documented religions.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes. And it is an account of the way they lived back then. Times change and religions change all the time too.
Yeah, but my point was that there is no evidence of the Christian god before Genesis was written. And that was only a couple thousand years ago.
So it would seem that snakes and other animals are older than god. lol

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Oh it wasn't a pick up, trust me. I was just curious as to how old you are. Given we have a teenager in High School floating around the board that is far more literate and mature.

I don't mind... My Wisdom in my age is worth more than any High School student. Soon, you too will be the future of the world, but untill then 'wait your damn turn'. :smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't mind... My Wisdom in my age is worth more than any High School student.
You'd think so. The evidence points in a different direction, though.
Soon, you too will be the future of the world, but untill then 'wait your damn turn'. :smile:
Yeah, a lot of people can't wait till they're senile. lmao

ahmadabdalrhman

Electoral Member
Sep 14, 2008
www.watchislam.com
You may be surprised, but I actually agree with you, Islam is very old. Well, at least the Islamic God, Allah is very old. Originally, Allah was a Hindu Goddess. There is an Upanishad (Hindu Holy Scripture) called Allopanishad, devoted to Allah.

During the time of Mohammed, people in Middle East used to worship all kinds of Gods including Allah. Somehow Allah had migrated from ancient India to Middle East. Mohammed told people that Allah is the only true God. He told them to stop worshipping other Gods and worship only Allah. So Allah clearly predates Mohammed and Islam.

So yes, at least the Islamic God (Allah) is a very old God, a Hindu Goddess. Incidentally, the word ‘Arab’ itself is of Hindu origin. It comes from Sanskrit word ‘Arva’, meaning horse. In the old days, Middle East was famous for its horses.

Hare Allah - Islamic Hindu Vedic Origin - Topix

Some people wrongly believe that Arabs used the word Hindu as a term of contemptuous abuse. Nothing could be further from the truth. The people of pre-Islamic Arabia held Hinduism in great esteem as evidenced from the fact that they would endearingly call their most attractive and favourite daughters as Hinda and Saifi Hindi. The fact that Arabs regarded India as their spiritual and cultural motherland long before the damaging influence of Islam is corroborated by the following poem which mentions each one of the four Vedas by name:(The English translation is in black)

"Aya muwarekal araj yushaiya noha
minar HIND-e
Wa aradakallaha
manyonaifail jikaratun"

I'm arabic then I tell you

we the arabic before Islam not more of nothing , don't have any thing from civilisation few of them can even read

Arabia Before The Prophet

Arabia before the birth of Muhammad had been a culturally isolated and economically underdeveloped region. The Arabian peninsula is one-third the size of the continental United States. Most of the land is arid and desert; rainfall is scarce, vegetation scant, and very little of the land is suitable for agriculture. In the north of the region, several Arabic kingdoms were able to establish contacts with the Byzantine and the Persian Sassanian empires as early as the fifth century A.D. To the south, small Arabic kingdoms, including Saba (Sheba), were ancient centers of Arabic civilization. But in the interior, dotted only with occasional oases, the nomadic life was the only successful existence.

http://history-world.org/islam.htm history world

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just for laughs and giggles have you ever checked how many anagrams can be made out of your name????:p:smile::lol:

Last edited: