Older couple missing on trip to B.C.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Our justice system is F**Ked and this piece of sh*t is just playing the system. Sentence the pr!ck to life without parole, with a provision for parole when he divulges the location of the bodies. The defense lawyer should be charged with contempt of court. "4-6 years"!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do to get this piece of human flotsam to reveal the location of the bodies, JLM - well maybe by using some kind of truth serum on him which under our system would never fly.

The lawyer for the defence is just doing his job, unsavory as it might be - though I do wonder how he could stand up in court with a straight face and state that the McCanns could still be alive as their bodies have never been found - as if they just up and decided to disappear all by themselves.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do to get this piece of human flotsam to reveal the location of the bodies, JLM - well maybe by using some kind of truth serum on him which under our system would never fly.

The lawyer for the defence is just doing his job, unsavory as it might be - though I do wonder how he could stand up in court with a straight face and state that the McCanns could still be alive as their bodies have never been found - as if they just up and decided to disappear all by themselves.

"Doing his job"........................I suppose, there is always some form of life that will do it as long as the money is right? Would any decent person put this piece of crap in a position where he could perpetrate the same sh*t over and over? His guilt has already been established beyond reasonable (any) doubt. I agree with defense lawyers as the worst a$$hole in the world deserves a fair trial, but once that has happened he should be released.................he's redundant!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"Doing his job"........................I suppose, there is always some form of life that will do it as long as the money is right? Would any decent person put this piece of crap in a position where he could perpetrate the same sh*t over and over? His guilt has already been established beyond reasonable (any) doubt. I agree with defense lawyers as the worst a$$hole in the world deserves a fair trial, but once that has happened he should be released.................he's redundant!

You do realize that were no lawyer to come forward and defend him, the court would appoint one, don't you? I'm no fan of lawyers but do realize they have an important role to play in our justice system, JLM.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You do realize that were no lawyer to come forward and defend him, the court would appoint one, don't you? I'm no fan of lawyers but do realize they have an important role to play in our justice system, JLM.
I probably don't have a favorable opinion of lawyers but now I needed a law firm and they did a good job for me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I do agree with you up to a point- the man deserves a fair trial and the lawyer should see that much is accomplished. After it was established that his D.N.A. was in the house and it was proven he made calls on THEIR cell phone and there was no logical explanation for either of these happenings, that should have concluded the trial. Only a third class idiot could believe after 6 years they are still alive. Arguing for a 4 - 6 year sentence is nothing short of corrupt.

No, no. He clearly doesn't like basic human lefts.

Cannucklef8cklehead is quite right. I don't like human rights that include murdering two seniors unable to defend themselves. Lucky I saw that brain dead remark, that only happens when someone responds to it. I see he is still persisting in being a big of an A$$hole as ever. His family must be inordinately proud of him.

No, no. He clearly doesn't like basic human lefts.

I'm not big on this left and right sh*t! They are mainly interchangeable - both sides do what they think will get them elected. Wrong and right are more easily distinguishable. The McCanns are dead forever while this a$$hole may do 4- 6 years.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I do agree with you up to a point- the man deserves a fair trial and the lawyer should see that much is accomplished. After it was established that his D.N.A. was in the house and it was proven he made calls on THEIR cell phone and there was no logical explanation for either of these happenings, that should have concluded the trial. Only a third class idiot could believe after 6 years they are still alive. Arguing for a 4 - 6 year sentence is nothing short of corrupt.

Without evidence of a body or bodies, the defence will almost always question whether the victims may still be alive, JLM.

I agree that Vader should serve life without parole for 25 and then be denied every single appeal thereafter unless he finally confesses to what he did with the McCann's bodies. He's been convicted of manslaughter which would mean terms from probation to life.

If the attitude we see on display when he comes to court each day - the arrogant tilt of the head and sneering smirk - is how he behaved in jail.............I can see the **** flying..........and I'd turn a blind eye - prisoner's rights be damned.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Without evidence of a body or bodies, the defence will almost always question whether the victims may still be alive, JLM.

I agree that Vader should serve life without parole for 25 and then be denied every single appeal thereafter unless he finally confesses to what he did with the McCann's bodies. He's been convicted of manslaughter which would mean terms from probation to life.

If the attitude we see on display when he comes to court each day - the arrogant tilt of the head and sneering smirk - is how he behaved in jail.............I can see the **** flying..........and I'd turn a blind eye - prisoner's rights be damned.

The Defense can be idiots. 99.9% of the people in the world knows what the McCann looked like from the many pictures on T.V. If they are still alive why has not one person reported seeing them shopping for groceries? That argument is just so absurd and has NOTHING to do with having a fair trial. Of course you'll see idiots like Cannucklehead wanting to take issue with that. There is only one word for Vader.......................NEFARIOUS!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Defense can be idiots. 99.9% of the people in the world knows what the McCann looked like from the many pictures on T.V. If they are still alive why has not one person reported seeing them shopping for groceries? That argument is just so absurd and has NOTHING to do with having a fair trial. Of course you'll see idiots like Cannucklehead wanting to take issue with that. There is only one word for Vader.......................NEFARIOUS!

Yes the argument is absurd but that does not mean that the lawyer cannot use it as part of his defence - nonsensical as that may be to you and I and all who have followed this story.

Actually I would use this phrase for that piece of excrement - morally and emotionally bankrupt.

The Crown is calling on witness today that will surely debunk any and all claims that were made by the defendant when he was on the witness stand yesterday. They laid to rest his claim that he was denied a lawyer by tapes made whilst he was in custody clearing showing that he had many talks with his lawyer.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Other than it doesn't look good?
Memo to self: Scratch plan to head to South America in an expensive sail-boat as a retirement plan. Make a plan with a certain chain and bunk at those locations and drive a vehicle that doesn't scream money. Nothing like the Frazer Canyon in a strange vehicle to make you appreciate the finer points of 'the first vacation'. In this case I fear it is also the last or it is one of the better getaway with no trace scams.
Slow Freighter to the South Seas is still possible and as long as you chose a desert island who cares.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes the argument is absurd but that does not mean that the lawyer cannot use it as part of his defence - nonsensical as that may be to you and I and all who have followed this story.

Actually I would use this phrase for that piece of excrement - morally and emotionally bankrupt.

The Crown is calling on witness today that will surely debunk any and all claims that were made by the defendant when he was on the witness stand yesterday. They laid to rest his claim that he was denied a lawyer by tapes made whilst he was in custody clearing showing that he had many talks with his lawyer.

You mean to tell me the man is a liar? :) :) Who would have thunk it of a confirmed murderer?