October surprise

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Look at what the Northern Alliance did with Taliban or suspected Taliban prisoners when the US was after OBL and bombing the crap out of the Taliban

Some keywords would be - sea containers- Taliban - prisoners- time magazine wrote a number of articles on it.

Okay. But PoliticalNick said there are no rules to war, so again, he shouldn't object right?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Take any kid from about age 4 onwards- and you can turn them into what Khadr did.

Jim Jones and Charles Manson seemed to do just fine with adults and kids alike. In terms of Khadr, he had an older brother to look to as an example in not drinking the kool aid.

Omar made his choice, now it's time to pay the piper

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think there have been many instances of people going to fight under the banner of another nation. If I'm not mistaken the US will accept certain foreign nationals into it's forces. It is a short route to citizenship I believe.

Yep...here it is...

Becoming a Citizen in the U.S. Military

That is actually how to become a US Citizen if you are already in the US Military. To join the US Military you need a Green Card.

Oh No! What have I done? 8O :lol:

Technically... every time YOU (specifically) go off on us Yanks I can just say there are no rules in war according to you so what is you problem.

Okay. But PoliticalNick said there are no rules to war, so again, he shouldn't object right?

That sounds about right Man.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Oh No! What have I done? 8O :lol:

Running from the question. If you're okay with a 14 year old civilian from a foreign country engaging in war because there "are no rules", then you're okay with the Serbian slaughter of 8000 Muslims some of which were just boys? Are you going to be consistent with your view, or are you going to back pedal and therefore expose yourself as a hypocrite?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
That is actually how to become a US Citizen if you are already in the US Military. To join the US Military you need a Green Card.

I thought you got a Green Card by joining but I guess not. Still takes the citizenship requirement from 5 years to 1. Not a bad perk if you survive.

Technically... every time YOU (specifically) go off on us Yanks I can just say there are no rules in war according to you so what is you problem.

And I am very sure you will....;-)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Running from the question. If you're okay with a 14 year old civilian from a foreign country engaging in war because there "are no rules", then you're okay with the Serbian slaughter of 8000 Muslims some of which were just boys? Are you going to be consistent with your view, or are you back pedal and therefore expose yourself as a hypocrite?

I never actually said I am ok with anything. I despise war! It has no real winners in the end (except maybe the international banksters). I am against murder and killing in almost all circumstances.

What I am is realistic enough to realize that 'war is hell' as they say. Sh*t happens in war that wouldn't happen any other time. So if you don't like the things that go along with a war (ie 14 y/o kids with guns shooting at people) don't support any war. So now are you going to be a hypocrite and support war but not what takes place during it?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Jim Jones and Charles Manson seemed to do just fine with adults and kids alike. In terms of Khadr, he had an older brother to look to as an example in not drinking the kool aid.

Omar made his choice, now it's time to pay the piper

And that means nothing- same with 2 kids - one goes one way the other makes a different choice- as I stated take a child and form him. Easily done. Has been done - We can look to Africa for many examples of children abducted and turned into killers - kill their families- kill and torture others. Easily done.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I never actually said I am ok with anything. I despise war! It has no real winners in the end (except maybe the international banksters). I am against murder and killing in almost all circumstances.

What I am is realistic enough to realize that 'war is hell' as they say. Sh*t happens in war that wouldn't happen any other time. So if you don't like the things that go along with a war (ie 14 y/o kids with guns shooting at people) don't support any war. So now are you going to be a hypocrite and support war but not what takes place during it?

Uh huh. During World War 2, we indiscriminately bombed German civilians. You said there are no rules to war, yet you also claimed there is a difference between armed combat and bombing civilians:

Well, there is definitely a difference between armed combat and bombing civilian targets.

If there are no rules to war, what's wrong with bombing the civilians of your enemy? You're simply trying to have it both ways, I object to this, but not to that.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
And that means nothing- same with 2 kids - one goes one way the other makes a different choice- as I stated take a child and form him. Easily done. Has been done - We can look to Africa for many examples of children abducted and turned into killers - kill their families- kill and torture others. Easily done.

I was only rebutting the comment that appeared to excuse Khadr by reason of indoctrination.. He had a brother that was exposed to the same influences and he made a different choice.