Obscene if not criminal situation in Vancouver!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Considering she is executive level management and has been working with the gov't (on and off) since 2001 in various capacities, her severence is typical/normal for gov't and private.

This level of management typically do not stick to a position for much longer then 5 years. They come in, make changes, change systems, procedures, personnel. Make sure it's going ok and then move on. That way they stay fresh for their job and the job gets fresh blood, insight, and vision.

the other way would be like an artist painting the same picture over and over and over again all the while everyone expecting new and exciting images in the same old painting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Considering she is executive level management and has been working with the gov't (on and off) since 2001 in various capacities, her severence is typical/normal for gov't and private.

This level of management typically do not stick to a position for much longer then 5 years. They come in, make changes, change systems, procedures, personnel. Make sure it's going ok and then move on. That way they stay fresh for their job and the job gets fresh blood, insight, and vision.

the other way would be like an artist painting the same picture over and over and over again all the while everyone expecting new and exciting images in the same old painting.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe once you've done job and been paid for it, that's it!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe once you've done job and been paid for it, that's it!

She wasn't hired like regular folk. She was contracted, she's union. You have to follow the terms of agreement or pay bigger penalties.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She wasn't hired like regular folk. She was contracted, she's union. You have to follow the terms of agreement or pay bigger penalties.

Then I guess it goes back to the people putting such a system in place! The taxpayers (the majority) deserve better than that! :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Unions? You don't like unions?

Unions might be good to enforce safety on the job, otherwise they are redundant and obsolete. Just like a 4th level of Gov't. really. Why do 6 carpenters have to have a sweeper? I think they could handle operating a broom.