Oath of Allegiance

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.

For God's sake! This is Canada. That is our oath of allegiance. I recited that oath when I joined the RCAF as did all the soldiers who fought for Canada in all the wars we've been in.....including the soldiers who died. I was proud to swear the oath. Would be again...

McDonald

Nominee Member
Jan 23, 2006
Chicoutimi, Québec
www.myspace.com
For God's sake! This is Canada. That is our oath of allegiance. I recited that oath when I joined the RCAF as did all the soldiers who fought for Canada in all the wars we've been in.....including the soldiers who died. I was proud to swear the oath. Would be again...

Three cheers for that! If more Canadians knew our military history, they would realise we are not just some nobody of a country. We're a magnificent country with a glorious heritage of which we should all be proud. Not of which we should all be dying to shake off.

My hat goes off to you, sir, wherever you are.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Yeah Yeah....let's celebrate and memorialize our one-time bind to the apron strings of a monarchy that's inflicted more damage and more suffering on millions than even the United States has had time to do...

We're keeping the "faith" sending our young service people over to Afghanistan to seal our bond with NATO and of course the dire necessity of changing the way we "do business" in the world. We (Canadians) didn't like the idea of torturing prisoners at one time, it was enough that the British informed us how to torture and mistreat the natives of this continent, we didn't have to kill Afghanis and Iraqis to feel that we were contributing to the legacy of Great Britain and their still-born child the United States of me First....

oaths....like we subscribe to the tenet that only if our good friends and allies like the United States will use imprisonment kidnapping torture and lies to further the effort to appease our appetites....then we'll do the same thing...oh wait a minute, Britain gave us Israel and all the good fun associated with that calm little backwater....perhaps when you swear an oath you should have more than patriotic zeal contributing to your voluntary subscription to doing whatever the hell your "nation" decides is evocative of the situational morality that passes for "justice". Perhaps India and other nations around the world who fought the British and the practices of Britain and others in South Africa and numerous other resorts around the world would have a different "take" on blind obedience as sworn through oaths to empire and imperialism....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If an "oath" stands for or is emblematic of anything, the substance of that oath should relfect the emodiment of principles that inhere to the body/nation/group that the oath is sworn to....

Take the KKK or the White Supremacists for instance, does their taking an "oath" give them the right to practice what they've decided is "right" on everyone else? When a politician takes his oath of office, do Canadians or Americans have any guarantee of any kind that this oath is something with life to it, something that will be regarded as limits and boundaries on personal interests and actions...?

Oaths are a dime a dozen and by and large worthless.....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty King DarkBeaver the Onliest, King of Canada, Emperor of Earth and Protector of The Solar System ,His Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Phizzics Canukistan and Gravity and fulfil my duties as a WageSlave.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
First of all God Save the Queen is not our anthem. Our anthem if O CANADA for those who remember the words. We may be member of the Commonwealth but we are our own country and rule ourselves. The Queen has no say in what out government does or says, hell even we don't have that power.

Yahbut, not very long ago, (pre-True-doe), it was "God save the Queen", and we sang it every day in public school, followed by "Oh Canada" and "The Lord's Prayer". Cause we ustabe a member of the British Empire, then we changed it to The Commonwealth of Nations. Now we're not sure what the **** we are, and have been searching for some ****ing identity or other for a number of years now. People have got really rich ritin books about our identity or lack thereof.. It's a Canadian thing. Part of our identity.

We also did the "pledge of allegiance" every day in public school, which we learned by rote, and probably never gave it as much thought as who was going to play goals at recess............:idea:

If ya wannbe a Canuck just take the ****ing pledge and shut the **** up about it. It really don't mean that much. Just one more little prostitution self esteem thing one has to do to achieve one's ends. Can't be wrong. Steve and Brian and Jean and Sir John eh do/did it every day. (not directed at you Sparrow, just my demented ramblings in general).

OK, next.....................;-)

:tard:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I suggest that an oath has only the integrity of the person taking it to stand on. I've always considered my actions to be in the interest of my country, though at times I've needed correction, I've never set out to act against the best interests of my country.

I don't think obeying laws makes you any more or less patriotic unless they go against the common good of the country. Then I see a disobedience to them as serving the meaning of the allegiance.

philip2

Oct 22, 2007
MIKEYDB. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THAT IS WHY WE REALLY NEED TRIAL BY JURY WITH JURY NULLIFICATION OF THE EGREGIOUS LAWS THESE PEOPLE ARE MAKING. HAVE A READ OF LYSANDER SPOONER 'TRIAL BY JURY' (GOOGLE) it's BRILLIANT. SECTION 11 (F) CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND (NO) FREEDOMS DEPRIVESS 99% OF CANADIANS OF THIS RIGHT.PHILIP2

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Philip2

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the Lysander Spooner p iece.. :)

A concept that's been embedded in English Common Law since Magna Carta is the precept that a judicial proceeding is just as much a test of the fabric and character of the law as it is about resolution of precived criminality....

We don't live in Canada or anywhere else for that matter under a system of laws that objectively and morally synthesizes this concept allowing it to emerge as an active element within judicial systems. We are rather content to admit that our (Canadian) system of law is actually a two-tiered marginalization of the common man at the whim of the wealthy and powerful. Our system of law is made a wh0re by the preparedness of the people to admit of this reality in silent acquiescence. Our laws are manipulated not on the basis of rights (both natural and artificial constructs of the social organizing principle) but to benefit some at the expense of others.

If Don Imus had made a comment about "yarmulke wearing nabobs" as opposed to what he did say...does anyone think for a moment that he'd be back on radio..?

When Martha Stewart serves five months "house arrest" for insider-trading and then returned to pontificate on the air-waves does anyone who's ever used "inside" info at the race track think they'd get the same slap on the wrist?

When Brian Mulroney cast the integrity and principles of public office into the dirt (as someone who'd chastise the banana republic dictator for "being..on-the-take" does anyone believe that this elected nabob has even a vague concept of what he'd term honor integrity and responsibility? And who among our political structure today is any better?

The law is an ass, and we're all riding it....