NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
List of every Congress member who voted to renew the Patriot Act

It comprises of 61 Senators and 220 Representatives coming from 45 states and includes 67 Democrats and 214 Republicans.

Patriot Act Vote Record | gauchnomica

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
From the outset it was rolled out to make those who didn't support it look like treasonous non-patriots. The 'with us or against' political strategy.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yawn, boring.. and what Government including Canada does not monitor all phone & internet signals.

RAF Menwith Hill

NSA Utah Data Center

..oh and Canada CSEC

Every country has one.. regardless of all the fuss around Bill C30, they still do it.

There's ways around it to not be detected, but if I told you, that would screw up my plans to bomb all the oil and gas pipeline leading from Canada into the USA..

(kidding) :)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
"The most fundamental purpose of government is to protect the people; anything the government does in pursuit of this is proper."
--Thomas Jefferson
I call BS. No such quote by Thomas Jefferson exists, save in the mind of Chingatchkook. Got a reputable source?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I call BS. No such quote by Thomas Jefferson exists, save in the mind of Chingatchkook. Got a reputable source?
Precisely. I made it up.

I figured if what'shisname could misquote Ben Franklin, I could make up stuff and attribute it to TJ.

Put it in the same class as the Yamamoto "quote" that the U.S. could not be invaded because citizens were armed.

It's these occasional flashes, Walmart, that make me wonder if maybe you're not just pretending to be a dull-witted dittohead.

Last edited:

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Doesn't seem to be top secret any more. :D

I wanna massacre the NSA. Not any of the rest of America, just the NSA. Oh, fer pete sakes, I forgot I'm a Canuck in Canada so the NSA probly aren't paying me any attention. Well, there goes my chances of getting their knickers in a knot. :/
America gets info on Canadians from the authorities in Canada. Canadians would do well to distance themselves from Uncle Sam. The guy turned into a monster.

All you righties argued hard for Bush to throw privacy out the window, under the guise of homeland security. Now it's a problem?
Are you suggesting that prior hypocrisy about security entitles the American left to do whatever it wants to conservatives through use of the instruments of national security. I think that's exactly what you are suggesting. For shame.

Get real, this is a product of the Patriot Act and we know who was in charge when that
started. It is continuing under Obama but he didn't start the decent into madness it was
the work of "W" remember him?
America used to be a democracy now its a frightened child on the world stage. They see
terrorists everywhere now even in the eyes of their children. The saying has been used
here before, When you trade liberty for security you end up with neither and this is now
proving to be true.
Blaming Obama, is ridiculous it started before he arrived. Now to call him to task for
continuing it that is a different matter. He is also to blame but some want to blame Obama
for everything. The real escalation of this whole uncertain time results from attacking Iraq
which was unnecessary. Afghanistan was fair game, Iraq was an ego trip of the Administration
at that time. The American Government has been keeping records on people for decades
incidentally and they have them on Canadians too so this is nothing new its just public why are
so many so shocked? People didn't know this? Come on.
You always give American leftists a free pass don't you? They can do whatever they want to conservatives and it's ok with you isn't it?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Fun Fact Of The Day: Mosque’s Are Off-Limits To Obama’s Snooping…

Thankfully there’s no such thing as Islamic terrorism.
Via IBD:
The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is to stop terrorists, and yet it won’t snoop in mosques, where the terrorists are.

That’s right, the government’s sweeping surveillance of our most private communications excludes the jihad factories where homegrown terrorists are radicalized.

Since October 2011, mosques have been off-limits to FBI agents. No more surveillance or undercover string operations without high-level approval from a special oversight body at the Justice Department dubbed the Sensitive Operations Review Committee.

Who makes up this body, and how do they decide requests? Nobody knows; the names of the chairman, members and staff are kept secret.

We do know the panel was set up under pressure from Islamist groups who complained about FBI stings at mosques. Just months before the panel’s formation, the Council on American-Islamic Relations teamed up with the ACLU to sue the FBI for allegedly violating the civil rights of Muslims in Los Angeles by hiring an undercover agent to infiltrate and monitor mosques there.

Before mosques were excluded from the otherwise wide domestic spy net the administration has cast, the FBI launched dozens of successful sting operations against homegrown jihadists — inside mosques — and disrupted dozens of plots against the homeland.

Keep reading…

Obama Restricts Spying In Mosques While Spying Everywhere Else - Investors.com

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Congressman Claims He Was Told Government Could Listen To Phone Calls Without A Warrant

Democratic New York Rep. Jerrold Nadler claims he was told in a closed-door briefing that the NSA could listen to a specific phone call, and get a call’s “contents” without a warrant, based solely on an analyst’s decision.

FBI Director Robert Mueller said that wasn’t true. Nadler said he asked the same question at the closed-door briefing where he received the different answer. Nadler’s office did not return an immediate request to clarify his comments.

Video: Congressman Claims He Was Told Government Could Listen To Phone Calls Without A Warrant

NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants

NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants | Politics and Law - CNET News

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The statement that a single analyst can eavesdrop on domestic communications without proper legal authorization is incorrect and was not briefed to Congress. Members have been briefed on the implementation of Section 702, that it targets foreigners located overseas for a valid foreign intelligence purpose, and that it cannot be used to target Americans anywhere in the world.

so let it be written...

ODNI Statement on the Limits of Surveillance Activities