Now that it's 2012, I have a word or two about doomsdays

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It would make much more sense to stick with the 7 day week and change the number of months back to 13. 45.6 weeks just seems awkward (kind of like 12 months).

Wait a minute! Are you trying to get rid of my three day weekends?!?

Let's focus here people, try to work the three day weekends into this. Let's make doomsday work for us!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
First, it's good to see you back here. A long hiatus, hope all is well :D
Thanks.

As for the doomsday stuff, I guess we don't really need artificial intelligence to destroy us, there's plenty of genuine stupidity to go around for destruction purposes.
Ain't dat de troof.

Aren't we deep enough in debt already? :lol:

Hush! Three day weekends! Think of those of us that aren't retired. ;)

Uh, is there a law that says we can't work on days that are in weekends? lol

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It would make much more sense to stick with the 7 day week and change the number of months back to 13. 45.6 weeks just seems awkward (kind of like 12 months).

Um, thanks for the WB, peeps. Anna and I wish everyone good health, happiness, and prosperity for the years yet to come.

11 Months - 33 days per - 363 days - add in 2 extra days in the summer of course - shortens winter - Bingo -

Dammed Jeanyus I am. And I have't even begun to think yet.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Nah, I'll struggle along in poverty. :lol::lol:
I bet people like G Dumbya and Big Business heads (the sort that engineer economic crashes) love you.

11 Months - 33 days per - 363 days - add in 2 extra days in the summer of course - shortens winter - Bingo -

Dammed Jeanyus I am. And I have't even begun to think yet.
That would work, too, Goob. Of course it'd really screw with the heads of gov't and their toy bureaucrats.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If there's not, there should be.

Goober, think 4 day work week.

Since you're on a roll and all.

I used to be on a 4 and 4 rotation - 4 on - 4 off - It may shift back - Problem is few weekends off.

I bet people like G Dumbya and Big Business heads (the sort that engineer economic crashes) love you.

That would work, too, Goob. Of course it'd really screw with the heads of gov't and their toy bureaucrats.

Never thought of that - such a great benefit for us plebs - You are also the real brainy type I see.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Trippy! So Cliffy, when exactly do the winter solstice celebration party favours wear off? Or do they? ;)
A few years ago I was telling a girl friend about my acid days. She said,"aren't you afraid you won't come down?" I said, "Who said I ever did?" I think once you have seen the other side of the veil of lies, there is no going back, nothing is ever the same unless, of course, you are like the guy in the Matrix, that wants to be put back in the Matrix and is willing to sell out his friends to get there. I'm just here to pick holes in the Matrix, hopefully, one day, to create a hole big enough for others to see what is on the other side.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
A few years ago I was telling a girl friend about my acid days. She said,"aren't you afraid you won't come down?" I said, "Who said I ever did?" I think once you have seen the other side of the veil of lies, there is no going back, nothing is ever the same unless, of course, you are like the guy in the Matrix, that wants to be put back in the Matrix and is willing to sell out his friends to get there. I'm just here to pick holes in the Matrix, hopefully, one day, to create a hole big enough for others to see what is on the other side.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm going for the steak dinner. ;)

Minus the selling out of friends of course. I have ethics.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm going for the steak dinner. ;)

Minus the selling out of friends of course. I have ethics.
If you have never seen the other side, how do you know that what is there is not better than the steak?