Note to Iran

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think the Iranians must be very worthy people and very nice as well nothing else could account for the rubbish we hear about them through our traitorous mass media. They should be aware that the international laws regarding their voluntary misinformations constitute war crimes. The Rhawandan precedent has been set and journalists can be charged and tried. It is hoped that many of them will spend their retirements in prisons.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I saw this letter in the Gazette:

The unrelenting American (and Israeli) campaign against Iran reflects a reality unrelated to International Atomic Energy Agency inspections. In fact, the U.S. has essentially been in a state of undeclared war with Iran for over 30 years for a simple reason that rarely gets reported.
If the reason for the U.S.’s campaign against Iran is nuclear weapons development, then Washington would be far more concerned about Pakistan, India and Israel, three nuclear powers that, unlike Iran, are not signatories of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. If the concern is Islamic fundamentalism, then it would be more concerned about Saudi Arabia, a more fundamentalist and far less democratic country than Iran. If the concern is aggression, then it would not be concerned as Iran has not launched an aggressive war of conquest for over 150 years. If the concern is anti-Semitism, then it would not be concerned as Iran has by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country (and even has synagogues and kosher restaurants). If the concern is that Iranian President Ahmadinejad purportedly said that Iran seeks to “wipe Israel off the face of the map,” then it cannot be concerned as even Israel’s Deputy Prime Minister, Dan Meridor, acknowledged that Ahmadinejad never said that Iran seeks to “wipe Israel off the face of the map.”
The source of U.S. aggression toward Iran is due to the simple fact that Iran left the orbit of U.S. control. Since its Islamic Revolution in 1979 when the shah was removed, Iran unlike, say, Saudi Arabia, acts independently and thus compromises U.S. power in the Middle East. The shah could commit any number of abuses — widespread torture, for example — yet his loyalty to the U.S. exempted him from American condemnation, yet not from the condemnation of the bulk of Iranians who brought him down.
With respect to Iran’s nuclear program, it needs to be understood that Iran cannot construct a nuclear weapon as long as it is being actively inspected by the IAEA, which it is. There is no Iranian facility with uranium or enrichment facilities that is off limits to the IAEA inspectors. The world will know if Iran has decided to weaponize its nuclear enrichment program when it withdraws from the NPT and stops permitting inspections.
Jeffrey Rudolph
Montreal
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Letter+concern+about+Iran+misplaced/7964735/story.html#Comments

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
quite often I hear Aussies saying we need the us, it's our ally, when I point out to them that everyday we hear/see how bad bullying is, yet we hang with the biggest effing bully on the planet, they tend to pull their heads in.......oh, never thought of it that way.
Guilt by association, the sooner the "empire" crumbles, the better off the whole planet will be.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yep, and Mall of America in Bloomington, and now Xanadu in East Rutherford, NJ. They're getting closer!

Missed this... so, let me get this straight. Former Iranians are building these malls...building them?