Not enough for kids to do in city of 25,000!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
lol I didn't need my parents to give me stuff to do. I was always into hiking, baseball, hockey, swimming, skiing and sledding, reading (um, things like books as opposed to things like TWITter, PS3 game instructions, etc.), and hell, I even liked helping my uncle duiring haying season.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, your childhood was similar to mine!

For me a box of shorts (that i hated) were 18 cents, longs were 23 cents, and long rifle (which my old uncle called "extra longs") were 28-30 cents.
My mother always bought me shorts to save money. I protested that they were not powerful enough and i would just wound the Sharptails that we often hunted. Coming home from town with Mom one day there were a number of "Chickens" alongside the road, we stopped so i could harvest a couple and being a devious lil bastard i intentionally hit one big rooster in the wingbut and had to chase him down.....Mom bought me longs after that.
Wouldn't have worked with Dad or Uncle, they would have said........shoot it in the head like you were told! :lol:

I know my Dad frowned on anything less than long rifle, said the others f**ked up the rifling.