Norton or what?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
My how the world has changed - 100 years ago the average yearly wage was between 200 and 400 per year - the technology of the late 60 put a man on the moon - the first computer game if I am correct was along the lines of Pac man - and Oh were we excited - fighter jets in the 70 had less computing ability then a 386 computer -
We are concerned that cyberwarfare can knock our power plants off like dominoes by crweating power surges that jump from plant to plant, taking years to rebuild them would be like throwing us back into the age of riots and the immediate and steep decline in civilization in those areas affected.

And now we talk about Internet protection from viruses - Whew - whats next?
Time travel? Orgasm pills? :D

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
My how the world has changed - 100 years ago the average yearly wage was between 200 and 400 per year - the technology of the late 60 put a man on the moon - the first computer game if I am correct was along the lines of Pac man - and Oh were we excited - fighter jets in the 70 had less computing ability then a 386 computer -
We are concerned that cyberwarfare can knock our power plants off like dominoes by crweating power surges that jump from plant to plant, taking years to rebuild them would be like throwing us back into the age of riots and the immediate and steep decline in civilization in those areas affected.

And now we talk about Internet protection from viruses - Whew - whats next?

Behold, the fleshlight! This is the pinnacle of technology and carnal relief wrapped into an aluminum dong mitten.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Anyone remember when the first commercial Calculators came out for the public????
I remember not trusting it's results at first and checking them with pencil and paper.......and now calculators are all over....including your phone and it seems we couldn't live without them:smile:
I was living in Toronto- 1973 -I think was when I was there - God I hate to admit that - On the bus to work each day I saw an Eaton's advertisement - 149.99 for a calculator - it did the 4 basics - add - divide -multiply and subtract -

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I was living in Toronto- 1973 -I think was when I was there - God I hate to admit that - On the bus to work each day I saw an Eaton's advertisement - 149.99 for a calculator - it did the 4 basics - add - divide -multiply and subtract -

I bought one at that time, too. It was perfect except for the fact the "7" wouldn't light up. Got it for 10% off!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I bought one at that time, too. It was perfect except for the fact the "7" wouldn't light up. Got it for 10% off!

We have changed as a society where technology addicts do not know what is important - and cannot work without a calculator or a crackberry - or cell phone- add or subtract in their head or on paper- Sorry bunch of people -