Northboy's Running for Village Council

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You didn't come in last. You were in an elite group of citizens. Thank you for running and getting involved in your community like you did.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
North,

Follow your mind and heart and do the social thing.

regards,
scratch

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Good for you. From what I have seen it is not easy. Stay the course. You'll do just fine.

Sincerely,
scratch

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Vanderhoof.......I lived in Vanderhoof for a few years in the fifties. I have relatives all over that area. I always thought it was a typical, small town. More cliquey than most.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I find it nice place to live and the people are friendly. Cliquey? I found Quesnel more cliquey when I lived there, but there are a lot of deep family roots.

My experience with Vanderhoof is many years old. At the time it seemed that a few families ran the place. My family was there because my dad was a bit of a straw boss with the company building the Kenny dam.
I guess my most powerful memory of Vanderhoof was losing the chain on my sisters bike coming down the Prince George hill. In those days the highway was a gravel road. When I dropped the bike near the bottom of the hill I think I lost close to a square foot of skin..

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
juan,

I played all kinds of contact sports and suffered the injuries that you did, as well as others more serious.

When you get to my age the `old injuries come back to haunt you` and the pain is worse than it was originally.

regards,
scratch

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't know how old you are scratch but I'm in my seventieth year and I know all about old injuries.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Well juan I am in my sixtieth year, depends how many sports you played and for how long.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well juan I am in my sixtieth year, depends how many sports you played and for how long.

Hockey and Rugby. Played hockey for about twenty years and coached hockey for another fifteen or so. The rugby I played was mainly recreational.............When it stopped being recreational, I quit. The worst injury I had was to take the cartilages out of both knees, and I did that skiing.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Mine have not been that bad just multiple hairline fractures, severe shoulder separation, replacement of teeth and nine broken fingers.