News of the World Shutting Down

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"EXCUSE ME????? Are you addressing a poster???"

Ocean Breeze, YES, I was, but it was NOT you.

It was directed to someone who repeatedly called me far worse than that.

I messed up with the quoting, and I am sorry.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Jack, go to the America's Disappeared thread and you can try and get it right this time.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
CNBC is covering the parliamentary hearings live today. Apparently someone threw a plate at Rupert as he was entering the hearings - the villian has now been arrested. What a shock - the Murdoch's are blaming their staff for all the problems! "People I trusted let me down" says Murdoch. So much for stepping up and taking any blame.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
CNBC is covering the parliamentary hearings live today. Apparently someone threw a plate at Rupert as he was entering the hearings - the villian has now been arrested. What a shock - the Murdoch's are blaming their staff for all the problems! "People I trusted let me down" says Murdoch. So much for stepping up and taking any blame.

First, they are CONGRESSIONAL hearings.

Second, Rupert Murdoch never said that the buck stops at his desk.

CORRECTION! You are right, the hearings are in England. My Mistake!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

s'ok. We are cool.:smile:

(have a super day )

Man rushes at Rupert Murdoch in hearing

Man rushes at Rupert Murdoch in hearing - Yahoo! News

OOPS. things got a wee bit testy ....

..but it is a tad hard watching this guy pretend to grovel in his so called embarrassment.....while knowing just how ruthless he is.

Hearings.....like this can force a much needed transparency while "disinfecting" the stench revealled.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I like the fact that he has no personal responsibility whatsoever.

Though I don't 'like' it one bit TP, I get your drift. Both Rupert and his son had the perfect opportunity to step up and admit that as CEOs of the company, the buck did stop with them - did they? Nope, it was all about how sorry they were - right. Now maybe there are legal issues involved that prevent them from apologizing - that I don't know, but they could have found some way of letting people know they take responsibility for the actions of their staff. After all, the perps did work for their company.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I like the fact that he has no personal responsibility whatsoever.

I guess, it depends on how HE defines "personal " responsibility. It is bound to mean something quite different from what we understand it to mean.

......His wife would make a rather tactile and efficient body guard. Rising (the arm) to the occassion today as she did. She also TOLD Rupert to STOP drumming his knuckles on the table. Gosh, and we thought he was someone to contend with:lol:

what a waste of good shaving creme.;-)

The 12 Nastiest Villains in the Murdoch Phone-Hacking Scandal

Here's an incomplete guide to the villains in the drama that threatens to take down the Murdoch empire.

July 18, 2011 |

Sometimes the bad guys really do lose. For News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch, a very bad guy who, until recently, enjoyed a long winning streak, the losing days have begun to be counted in weeks. Since the latest incarnation of the News of the World phone-hacking scandal erupted a bit more than a week ago (with the revelation that now-defunct British tabloid News of the World tampered with the voice mail of teenage murder victim Milly Fowler), each day has brought devastating revelations that implicate a handful of top executives at News Corp. and News International, the division that comprises the company’s British newspapers. (News Corp. is a U.S.-based company that also owns Fox News, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post, as well as the Fox movie and entertainment companies.)

The 12 Nastiest Villains in the Murdoch Phone-Hacking Scandal | | AlterNet

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Considering recent events there is no reason these pricks should fade into obscurity. Things have only gotten even more screwed up.

Govt and media in cahoots. Who would have thunk?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
unlock some money for your personal is always to reduce ties along with the target these companies wasted huge entirely on within 2009 M Bernard Berrian. The first Chicago, il Animal also has usually started disheartening throughout Mn as well as fought ultimate weather, manufacturing typically 29 receptions when it comes to 252 showrooms devoid of touchdowns. Berrian averaged 20.2 gardens just about every seize and have scored 5 touchdowns in their really holiday bearing reddish colored G data made it easier for with a 99-yard landing response he previously alongside a previously NFC To the north lineup through the Metrodome.
WTF is this gibberish! Do I detect a spammer trying to sneak in under false pretenses?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
unlock some money for your personal is always to reduce ties along with the target these companies wasted huge entirely on within 2009 M Bernard Berrian. The first Chicago, il Animal also has usually started disheartening throughout Mn as well as fought ultimate weather, manufacturing typically 29 receptions when it comes to 252 showrooms devoid of touchdowns. Berrian averaged 20.2 gardens just about every seize and have scored 5 touchdowns in their really holiday bearing reddish colored G data made it easier for with a 99-yard landing response he previously alongside a previously NFC To the north lineup through the Metrodome.
Do they serve Ball Park franks? I really like those. I usually go rueben.