New Tory Election Ad Continues To Claim Trudeau Is 'Just Not Ready'

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I love the ad. I thought it was in good taste and very clever. While it may be considered an "attack ad" I think its pretty mild. At least the Conservatives stated it was their add.

The anti-Harper ones couldn't even be bothered to identify themselves - who is engage Canada? And why would I listen to them?

JMHO

oops s/b "...their Ad"

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The anti-Harper ones couldn't even be bothered to identify themselves - who is engage Canada? And why would I listen to them?

Engage Canada’s leadership group includes Don Guy, who was campaign director for former Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty; Dave Gene, who was a deputy chief of staff for Mr. McGuinty and worked alongside Mr. Guy on Ontario Liberal campaigns; and Kathleen Monk, who was director of communications for the late NDP leader Jack Layton. Sources indicated that Brian Topp, a former national campaign director for the NDP, was also involved in early discussions, but that he ceased his involvement before he became chief of staff to Alberta Premier Rachel Notley.

Unions, centre-left interests to begin ad campaign attacking Harper’s Tories - The Globe and Mail

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

(Apologies to Dr. Suess) - Glenne Campbell

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They are busy attacking others cause they have nothing to offer
I have actually pretty much quit listening I will support Mulcair.
I am tired of the same old crap and the Tories have to go most
people are getting the message. Undecided's will soon be
very small as most have decided to rid themselves of this
little man in the blue suit so arrogant its hard to believe he got
this far

I fail to see how ANYONE could support a person for Prime Minister who actually believes that one man can cause a nation wide recession not once but twice. The man is not playing with a 'full deck'.

(Apologies to Dr. Suess) - Glenne Campbell

Good poetry, Cliffy, but a little harsh on the object. :) :)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

The Conservative party has released a new social media ad that continues to send the message Justin Trudeau is "just not ready."

The 30-second video, posted to the Conservatives' Facebook page, uses a clip from the Maclean's federal leaders' debate. In his closing statement from the debate, the Liberal leader says, "In order to know if someone is ready for this job, ask them what they want to do with this job."

The video then cuts to an interview with reporter Craig Pearson from the Windsor Star, who asks Trudeau to complete the sentence "If elected, my first full day as prime minister, I would..."

Trudeau sighs, shrugs, and takes a long pause. The video then shows Trudeau's photo, and the words "Just Not Ready" appear at the bottom of the screen.

..more..

Probably because it is still a fact.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
They are busy attacking others cause they have nothing to offer
I have actually pretty much quit listening I will support Mulcair.
I am tired of the same old crap and the Tories have to go most
people are getting the message. Undecided's will soon be
very small as most have decided to rid themselves of this
little man in the blue suit so arrogant its hard to believe he got
this far

Ok, you support Mulclair. Do you know the candidate in your riding? What does he/she stand for? What does he/she bring to the table? Can you please inform me of the policies the NDP have that you agree with? What is it about him that would make you vote for him? Please be specific. I'm not being sarcastic - I really want to know. I pretty much know where Trudeau stands but I'm not familiar with the NDP platform. I will be googling it but I want to know your perspective.

Thank you!

Dixie

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ok, you support Mulclair. Do you know the candidate in your riding? What does he/she stand for? What does he/she bring to the table? Can you please inform me of the policies the NDP have that you agree with? What is it about him that would make you vote for him? Please be specific. I'm not being sarcastic - I really want to know. I pretty much know where Trudeau stands but I'm not familiar with the NDP platform. I will be googling it but I want to know your perspective.

Thank you!

Dixie

Your sagacity is beyond reproach, every voter familiarize him/herself with local candidates, the head honcho in Ottawa couldn't care less about us members out here on the far reaches of the 'solar system'. Find out how your local candidate plans on being listened to by the P.M. regardless of his party.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What do you think that your local candidate will say about their Party leader?

I'm just in the process of putting together a letter which I'm going to email to all the candidates here to find out exactly what they are going to say. What I'm interested in is what they are going to do if the P.M. ISN'T their leader. I thin the N.D.P. candidate here, (who I think is a valid candidate) is either naïve or stupid or a liar if she extols the virtues of her leader for more than half a sentence! :)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'm just in the process of putting together a letter which I'm going to email to all the candidates here to find out exactly what they are going to say. What I'm interested in is what they are going to do if the P.M. ISN'T their leader. I thin the N.D.P. candidate here, (who I think is a valid candidate) is either naïve or stupid or a liar if she extols the virtues of her leader for more than half a sentence! :)

That's an excellent idea. Mind if I borrow it? I have "kinda" decided who I'm voting for in my area, but I might change my mind based on what I learn. Who knows????

Dixie

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's an excellent idea. Mind if I borrow it? I have "kinda" decided who I'm voting for in my area, but I might change my mind based on what I learn. Who knows????

Dixie

I'm sure I'm not the first who's trying this tactic. Most people seem to focus on the folks in Ottawa but very few people get to vote directly for them and I think it's more important to get the right people elected in the ridings. I asked the local candidates what they are going to do about getting more jobs here, how they are going to deal with homelessness here, how they propose to transfer sick seniors from acute care hospital beds to chronic care beds at about 1/3 the cost. I asked about rehabilitating the panhandlers that are running rampant in our city. I asked them how they plan to influence the P.M. especially if he is the leader of a different party. I asked them if they are more interested in toeing the party platform or if they are going to LISTEN to the electorate. I told them 3 of the 4 Federal leaders are acting like brats in a sandbox. :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I usually contact all my local MPs with questions I have. Ask them each the same thing, ask where their debates are and when. Usually 2 or 3 get back to me. Sometimes the answers are helpful.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I usually contact all my local MPs with questions I have. Ask them each the same thing, ask where their debates are and when. Usually 2 or 3 get back to me. Sometimes the answers are helpful.

I told them to just take their time thinking things out properly and if they want my vote to answer by Oct. 16. Out of the four I'll be lucky to get two responses one of which will likely get my vote.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I told them to just take their time thinking things out properly and if they want my vote to answer by Oct. 16. Out of the four I'll be lucky to get two responses one of which will likely get my vote.

The speed of the responses and the helpfulness do play a factor for me although I don't tell them that in the e-mail.