New Orleans Mayor to Blame, not the President ...

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
TenPenny said:
Nascar_James said:
jjw1965 said:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html

JJ, your link above reaffrims the August 26th date in which the President ordered the evacuation. Was able to read the areas afected, but was not able to locate the map? Where did it come from?

I would hope everyone remembers Bush declaring the state of emergency ahead of time, it allowed the evacuation such as it was to proceed, and I remember watching the footage as they made all the interstates one way out of Nawlins.

No matter how badly Bush failed his people (and in reality it was more his underlings who were 110% incompetent), at least he did declare the state of emergency ahead of time. Just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he does EVERYTHING wrong.

Yup, looks like the mayor of New Orleans, the governor of Louisiana and FEMA all share the blame in this. When the dust settles, the area is cleaned up and folks are settled in, heads will most certainly roll. There was no excuse to have all those empty school buses and not use them to evacuate the citizens of New Orleans.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
TenPenny said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
. . . New Orleans Mayor Nagin is to blame in this situation . . .
Nagin is in deep waters.

This is being watched in Louisiana, Nagin is at the end of line, the money for the evacuations should have been provided to load people upon the School Buses! More to follow!

He certainly has to share his part of the blame, but man oh man, FEMA messed up...when a REPORTER has to suggest to FEMA that they should bring in pallet loads of water and food to the people at the superdome, and he agrees that's a good idea....

Nagin, Bush, Brown, and the governor of LA should all be charged with criminal negiligence. A disgrace to humanity, all of them.

Hey, Martin - why don't we get some of your brethren to come back home? Le Grand Derangement in reverse, what?

After this CLUSTERF**** my wife and I are seriously looking at our options. I think the Immigration Canada (Revenue Canada Minister) should immediately open the borders and let all Acadians back in, RIGHT NOW, before the incompetent politicos destroy the Southern Band! Retrouvelle au Canada! A bon idee!

What we need is an Acadian Moses, a mean pharoah (opps, sorry we allready got that position filled) and parting of the Great Lakes or better yet, fare across the Bluewater Bridge! Mean pharoah will be seen chasing the Acadians across the boarder and yelling, "Who will cook Cajun Food for us now?" With global warming, a move northward might not be a bad idea!

Any more storms like Katrina and a Montreal address might be real desirable! My family really likes Dieppe, NB or Clare, NS and I am partial to anyplace where hurricanes don't blow in. (The maritimes get the rare one but not like Katrina) Now BC could use some Acadien influence!

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Martin Le Acadien said:
TenPenny said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
Nagin is in deep waters.

This is being watched in Louisiana, Nagin is at the end of line, the money for the evacuations should have been provided to load people upon the School Buses! More to follow!

He certainly has to share his part of the blame, but man oh man, FEMA messed up...when a REPORTER has to suggest to FEMA that they should bring in pallet loads of water and food to the people at the superdome, and he agrees that's a good idea....

Nagin, Bush, Brown, and the governor of LA should all be charged with criminal negiligence. A disgrace to humanity, all of them.

Hey, Martin - why don't we get some of your brethren to come back home? Le Grand Derangement in reverse, what?

After this CLUSTERF**** my wife and I are seriously looking at our options. I think the Immigration Canada (Revenue Canada Minister) should immediately open the borders and let all Acadians back in, RIGHT NOW, before the incompetent politicos destroy the Southern Band! Retrouvelle au Canada! A bon idee!

What we need is an Acadian Moses, a mean pharoah (opps, sorry we allready got that position filled) and parting of the Great Lakes or better yet, fare across the Bluewater Bridge! Mean pharoah will be seen chasing the Acadians across the boarder and yelling, "Who will cook Cajun Food for us now?" With global warming, a move northward might not be a bad idea!

Any more storms like Katrina and a Montreal address might be real desirable! My family really likes Dieppe, NB or Clare, NS and I am partial to anyplace where hurricanes don't blow in. (The maritimes get the rare one but not like Katrina) Now BC could use some Acadien influence!

Martin, on the bright side, it looks like the French Quarter did not sustain too much damage by the hurricane. The area should be restored to it's original state. However, if you like the Deep South lifestyle (like I do), there are many states you can move to that are not prone to hurricanes, Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennessee....).

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Nascar_James said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
TenPenny said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
Nagin is in deep waters.

Martin, on the bright side, it looks like the French Quarter did not sustain too much damage by the hurricane. The area should be restored to it's original state. However, if you like the Deep South lifestyle (like I do), there are many states you can move to that are not prone to hurricanes, Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennessee....).

Nascar,
You and I need to have a little sidebar here. My family is Biphone. This means that we speak English as well as French. Our culture here in south Louisiana is closer to the Maritimes of Canada than say, OKLAHOMA! Why, we get Montreal TV on our cable system downhere, our schools teach in French Immersion with French-Canadian teachers!

My daughters are primarily French Speakers but our heritage is Acadien French from Acadie (Nova Scotia & New Brunswick). A few years ago, we we traveling through Tennessee, my daughters were asking my wife and me a question in French when a lady came up and declared that we were in America and we should speak Amurikain, not French since France is not America's friend! My wife, not known for biting her tongue, I may add, told the lady that her family and mine had been in North America since 1604-1605 even before the PURITANS came or Jamestown was founded and French was the first European Language spoken in North America! After her tirade, I grabbed her muzzle, paid for the stuff and got in the truck, got back on I-75 and I didn't stop until I reached my Uncle's House in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. (Except for Diesel and Custom Check at the Ambassador Bridge)!

Nous fierons a parler francais. We are proud to speak French.

We are culturally displaced Canadians.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
We are proud to speak French.

and so you should be.!! At least it is a REAL language. Amerikkkan isn't. Amerikkkan is not English either.

the more languages one knows , the better and more worldly./sophisticated.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Martin Le Acadien said:
Nascar_James said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
TenPenny said:
Martin Le Acadien said:
GL Schmitt said:
Nascar_James said:
Nagin is in deep waters.

Nascar,
You and I need to have a little sidebar here. My family is Biphone. This means that we speak English as well as French. Our culture here in south Louisiana is closer to the Maritimes of Canada than say, OKLAHOMA! Why, we get Montreal TV on our cable system downhere, our schools teach in French Immersion with French-Canadian teachers!

My daughters are primarily French Speakers but our heritage is Acadien French from Acadie (Nova Scotia & New Brunswick). A few years ago, we we traveling through Tennessee, my daughters were asking my wife and me a question in French when a lady came up and declared that we were in America and we should speak Amurikain, not French since France is not America's friend! My wife, not known for biting her tongue, I may add, told the lady that her family and mine had been in North America since 1604-1605 even before the PURITANS came or Jamestown was founded and French was the first European Language spoken in North America! After her tirade, I grabbed her muzzle, paid for the stuff and got in the truck, got back on I-75 and I didn't stop until I reached my Uncle's House in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. (Except for Diesel and Custom Check at the Ambassador Bridge)!

Nous fierons a parler francais. We are proud to speak French.

We are culturally displaced Canadians.

Martin, you are indeed fortunate that you can speak both English and French. From a business point of view, I wish that I could converse in French. At the international level French is very useful to have when conducting business with foreign countries in Africa and Europe.

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Nascar_James said:
It appears that President Bush had declared a state of emergency within the state of Louisiana a few days before the hurricane hit and had ordered immediate evacuations.

New Orleans Mayor Nagin is to blame in this situation, failing to act on evacuation orders, with parking lots filled with empty school buses that could have been used to evacuate many of New Orleans residents.

Read on ...

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000018155

James - you are absolutely right. See:

Louisiana governor takes blame

9/15/05

BATON ROUGE, La. - Echoing the words of President Bush a day earlier, Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco took responsibility Wednesday for failures and missteps in the immediate response to Hurricane Katrina and pledged a united effort to rebuild areas ravaged by the storm.
''We all know that there were failures at every level of government: state, federal and local. At the state level, we must take a careful look at what went wrong and make sure it never happens again. The buck stops here, and as your governor, I take full responsibility,'' Blanco told lawmakers in a special meeting of the Louisiana Legislature.

URL: http://www.sltrib.com/nationworld/ci_3030564

Been There

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Politicos falling on there swords in public and the masses forgive them it makes me sick they should be run out of office :x What a bunch of sleeping dolts the public has become .Wake up :x

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
Re: RE: New Orleans Mayor to Blame, not the President ...

TenPenny said:
Then I hope she resigns; that's the logical step. If you lead an organization into utter failure, it is your duty to resign.

I agree. That's what Brown did. I knew they were going to put the screws to him. Well, he deserved it.

Been There

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
If that your reason then Bush should resign for gutting the National Guard and the Army core of engineers budgets :roll: Yea its all Blanco's fault and the poors too .You've bought the propaganda already not hard to tell your asleep :roll:

beentheredonethat

Nominee Member
Aug 21, 2005
Originally Maxie
mrmom2 said:
If that your reason then Bush should resign for gutting the National Guard and the Army core of engineers budgets :roll: Yea its all Blanco's fault and the poors too .You've bought the propaganda already not hard to tell your asleep :roll:

I have been yawning. And I thought it was your post. I'm over it now.

Been There

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: New Orleans Mayor to

Brownie was just the fall guy, Been There. He deserved to go down over this, but so does his boss and Bush. According to the Patriot Act, which Bush put in place, Homeland Security is responsible. Ultimately, Bush is responsible for Homeland Security. It's his baby.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Ghost of Tom Joad -- Rage Against the Machine

Man walks along the railroad track
He's Goin' some place, there's no turnin' back
The Highway Patrol chopper comin' up over the ridge
Man sleeps by a campfire under the bridge
The shelter line stretchin' around the corner
Welcome to the New World Order
Families sleepin' in their cars out in the Southwest
No job, no home, no peace, no rest, No Rest!

And The highway is alive tonight
Nobody's foolin' nobody as to where it goes
I'm sitting down here in the campfire light
Searchin' for the Ghost of Tom Joad

He pulls his prayer book out of a sleepin' bag
The preacher lights up a butt and takes a drag
He's waitin' for the time when the last shall be first and the first shall be last
In a cardboard box 'neath the underpass
With a one way ticket to the promised land
With a hole in your belly and a gun in your hand
Lookin' for a pillow of solid rock
Bathin' in the cities' aqueducts

And The highway is alive tonight
Nobody's foolin' nobody as to where it goes
I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
With the Ghost of old Tom Joad

Solo

Now Tom Said; "Ma, whenever ya see a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry new born baby cries