NDP MPs reluctant to discuss membership in other parties

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And yet, you are "conservative" :smile:
How so? (I'm a little dozy right now)

Your membership is in the mail.....who do I notify??

(just kidding)
A friend once bought me a Green Party membership, so to support him I went to a party meeting. I decided they were eco fascists and never went back. That was around 1982 and I thought I was a rabid environmentalist at the time. Now they have come so far toward center that they have forgotten their purpose just to get votes. Me, I'm just as crazy as ever but I have learned to become somewhat of a chameleon.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
How so? (I'm a little dozy right now)

QUOTE]

Just from your own description of the frugal manner in which you live by which I get the impression you waste very little, hence "conserving".
My frugal life style is a result of a choice I made back in the 70s. Choosing not to participate in the rape of the planet has left me with very meger means to make it through the wonder years (I wonder where I left my false teeth, my glasses, my car?)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
More than three weeks after it emerged NDP interim leader Nycole Turmel once held a Bloc Quebecois party membership, the NDP remains silent on how many members of its party have held - or still hold - memberships in other parties at the federal or provincial level.
Postmedia News surveyed all 103 members of the NDP caucus in both French and English. A Toronto newspaper went through the same exercise in English recently and received no replies.

Postmedia's survey asked whether the member currently is, or was, part of another provincial or federal party and whether he or she made donations to any other party.

I think most here know my position on political parties: they ought to have no legal recognition whatsoever, being allowed to exist but not as legal entities in their own right.

As such, internal party policy and the party membership of individual MPs is really their own business in the end. We don't need to know the colour of underwear MPs are wearing each day.