NDP MP Ruth Brosseau lied on Resume

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The more I learn about this MP, the more I like her. Vegas trip during election, never visited riding, can't speak French, lied on NDP biography, falsified nomination papers. I hope she sticks around until at least the next election.

Yeah......she gets my vote, just for the entertainment value.........lol

Seriously, give the girl a break. She had NO idea she even had a prayer of winning, the resume might not even have been her fault, the error was corrected.

The press needs to BACK OFF big time on this poor kid.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I personally like the idea of NDPs in training during the next 5 years. Considering they have no power while a majority government exists, they'll be primed and confident for the next gen. And hopefully bring a different perspective than the 'vote for your wallet' shmucks.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Really. So that time that you mentioned voting in my riding was a complete fabrication then?

Now read carefully........

That's OK.....I figured, that while I was in Missisauga, I might as well vote here.......so....I went to the voting place on Credit Valley rd. and put my X besides Bob Deschert,s name.....just to cancel out Mentalfloss' vote for Michelle Bilek

If you don't know by now that I live in northern Ontario you are obviously challenged......or you are trying to replace Avro with his inane questions.....if that is possible huh?;-)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
It is safe to say that she has MORE qualification to be a Canadian Member of Parliament than Barack Hussain Obama had when elected to be President of the United States.

In all fairness, though, one can grow into a job.

So, if Obama had the courage could give the order to kill Osama bin Laden, there is no reason to doubt that Ms. Brasseau will have the courage to faithfully follow her Leader.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Give it a rest.... I doubt if Obama even knows what a Quebec is....

;-) ...apparently he's almost as good with the parachute too....

I'd be very careful if I were you for a while...latest CNN headline..
"Lone Wolf is greatest terror threat at this time"

I had to laugh when I saw it, they were of course referring to 'lone wolf' type terrorists being more dangerous the established cells, but it sure made me laugh when I thought about your handle.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
LOL!!!!!

Back to the original subject, the poor girl's resume....

“She never claimed to have this diploma, as she was two credits short of completion when she had to move back to Ottawa to be close to her family,” said party spokeswoman Kathleen Monk in an e-mail. “When her bio was posted on our web site, a party staffer inadvertently changed the wording. We apologize for posting this information in error and regret any inconvenience this has caused Ms. Brosseau.”

Yep.

"inadvertantly"

:)

But not her fault at all. The NDP have apologized to her.

Time to leave the girl alone.......

NDP apologizes to rookie MP Brosseau for changing her resume | Election 2011 | National Post

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I wonder if Jack will take her on as his new masseuse?

Wrong race.

LOL!!!!!

Back to the original subject, the poor girl's resume....

Yep.

"inadvertantly"

:)

But not her fault at all. The NDP have apologized to her.

Time to leave the girl alone.......

NDP apologizes to rookie MP Brosseau for changing her resume | Election 2011 | National Post

Somehow I get the feeling ttaliban jack is going to be doing a lot of apologizing for all his school kids.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We have them in all parties don't we? I remember Jaffers and others some even one time
Senators in trouble, you are right though she is hot and this too shall pass.
I hope they find out more about her. I think the lack of French thing had to be a new twist I
loved that part.
Yes she did a lot of things wrong or downright untruthful but what can the Parliament do?
Nothing. And I don't think the New Democrats will fire her out the door it would split the
caucus and that would not be good. Ride it out. is all they can do now. I live in a Conservative
Riding and I am not happy about that either, except the MP here is actually a pretty good guy
I will give him his due. I have called for information on a number of occasions and I have
always got a reply within two days. Fair is fair, he works hard for his constituents and that
is why he got re-elected.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
College says rookie NDP MP Brosseau doesn’t have diploma

YouTube - Ruth Ellen Brosseau NDP mystery - mystère NPD

The NDP was dealing with a fresh controversy involving its new MP in Berthier-Maskinongé, Ruth Ellen Brosseau, amid allegations she lied on her resume.

In her official biography on the NDP website, Ms. Brosseau says she holds a diploma in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications from St. Lawrence College.

Yesterday, the party unveiled a new official biography, featuring a more professional photo of the 27-year-old single mother and dropping a reference to her academic credentials after officials from the college said Ms. Brosseau had never graduated.

“We can confirm that Ruth Ellen Brosseau is not a graduate of St. Lawrence College,” Gord MacDougall the school’s vice-president of Student and External Affairs, told the Kingston Whig-Standard on Tuesday.

Ms. Brosseau made headlines during the federal election after the party confirmed she had taken a trip to Las Vegas in the midst of the campaign. An anglophone who ran a non-existent campaign in the rural and largely francophone riding north of Montreal, Ms. Brosseau’s landslide win came as a shock to both the party and their candidate, who had been working as an assistant manager at a pub on Ottawa’s Carleton University campus.

Residents of Berthier-Maskinongé were still waiting to meet their new MP yesterday, but instead woke up Saturday morning to a recorded voice message from Ms. Brosseau.

In a message to the 110,000 residents, NDP leader Jack Layton introduced Ms. Brosseau as a hard-working MP who was ready to represent the needs of her constituents, according to an audio clip of the message posted on the website of the newspaper Le Nouvelliste.
Then in halting, but grammatically correct, French, Ms. Brosseau told residents that as a mother she understood the challenges of raising a family and would be a strong voice for local concerns in the House of Commons.

In an interview with Le Nouvelliste last week, Ms. Brosseau admitted she had never visited the riding and party officials said they were helping the new politician to brush up on her rusty French. The party has promised that Ms. Brosseau will soon visit the riding, which includes portions of the city of. Trois-Rivières.

New official photo of NDP MP Ruth Ellen Brosseau

The region’s defeated Bloc Quebecois MP, Guy, André said he respect his defeat at the hands of an absentee candidate, but criticized Ms. Brosseau for opting for a recorded phone message over a visit to the area. “I don’t think that’s what people want to receive, he told the newspaper in French. They want to see people. She will have to start providing services to the population.”

In an e-mail to the National Post, Karl Belanger, press secretary to Mr. Layton, said the party had sent out a phone message to every person in the riding because “it was a very effective way to reach a maximum of people directly in a timely fashion.”

“The feedback has been very positive,” he said. ”She will be visiting the riding soon.”

National Post

Lying little bitch - deep six her. :lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Or one of the many Conservative members over the last couple of years who've fudged something or did something completely wrong..... and didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

Welcome to the club Ruth. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Or one of the many Conservative members over the last couple of years who've fudged something or did something completely wrong..... and didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

The point being, and I keep saying it.....

She didn't do ANYTHING wrong!

The NDP changed her resume, and were forced to apologize....to HER!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

And Liberals are all destined for Sainthood - Excepting that Senator fellow - he may have to do some purgatory time - then Poof - he's a Saint.