NDP calls for uncivil MPs to be suspended without pay

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A MP without any promises is free to do as he or she pleases and not be accountable for a broken promise 4 years hense. If you promise, and fail, you are judged on that in the next election. It's not perfect but its better than the no promises idea.

I just think that "endeavours" are more realistic than promises. Gov't spending relies almost entirely on the state of the economy and any politician who can't see that you know damn well is going to borrow and tax. I'd rather see a platform based on realism rather than bullsh*t, which is what pretty well all of it is these days. If you can't see the economic situation for the next four years, you sure as hell can't be sincerely making promises. Makes about as much sense as promising your wife a brand new car, but before it happens you lose your job so to keep your promise you take out another mortgage on your house.

A MP without any promises is free to do as he or she pleases and not be accountable for a broken promise 4 years hense. If you promise, and fail, you are judged on that in the next election. It's not perfect but its better than the no promises idea.

P.S. Would you really rather want a politican who can keep promises by borrowing and raising taxes?

Maybe teddy is taking creative writing in high school and these are his submissions for grades.

"Creative", for sure with big piles of bullsh*t emerging! -:)

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012

- IRBS ... Exactly! Mind you, in fairness to our simple retired and retarded uncivil non-servant from The Left Coast, the concepts of goals, objectives, results and accountability are absolutely foreign to him inasmuch as he spent his, umm, career screwing the pooch on the taxpayer's dime with no pressure to work hard or smart.

Maybe teddy is taking creative writing in high school and these are his submissions for grades.

- taxslave ... Stop being so presumptuous. For one thing, you should actually have attended high school before you can determine whether or not my writings are high school material so right away you and obviously JLM are excluded from commenting.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
-- taxslave ... Stop being so presumptuous. For one thing, you should actually have attended high school before you can determine whether or not my writings are high school material so right away you and obviously JLM are excluded from commenting.
You're right. It is above High School level. Your ramblings are the type you'd find of some babbling beer soaked drunk on $1 beer night at the Student's Union in University.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
- taxslave ... Stop being so presumptuous. For one thing, you should actually have attended high school before you can determine whether or not my writings are high school material so right away you and obviously JLM are excluded from commenting.

So what you are saying is you want to silence the two voices with the gumption and sagacity to see through and expose your blatant and banal bullsh*t!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We are direct provider of fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG,SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds,specifically for lease with no upfront payment, at leasing price of 6+2 of face value, Issuance by HSBC London/Hong Kong or any other AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East or USA.Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options.
The Leased Instruments includes: BG’s, Insurance Guarantees, MTN, (SBLC) Standby Letters of Credit and Third Party Guarantees such as a standby forward commitment to purchase or a standby loan. If you are a potential Investor or Principle looking to raise capital, we will be happy to answer any questions that you have about this opportunity and to provide you with all the details regarding this services.
Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, loan financing, please let me know if you are interested in any of our services, by providing you with yearly renewable leased bank instruments. We work directly with issuing bank lease providers, this Instrument can be monetized on your behalf for 100% funding.

Warm Regards,
Rhys Williams
Lisa A law Limited

Company Reg No:7141002

rhyswilliams@financier.com

Tel: +447045791980

Fax: +44-7040902793

Excuse my ignorance, but perhaps this post would be better placed in the "Yellow Pages". (Don't wish to offend)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Or the fact that you prefer to discuss their history instead of the subject?
History?

An NDP MP was scolded just the day before for uncivil behavior. For crying out loud dude, if you're going to squawk about decorum, you have to lead by example.

No party has a clean record.
No argument from me.

But if you want to remain consistent...
I always am. You should pay attention and learn how.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
History?

An NDP MP was scolded just the day before for uncivil behavior. For crying out loud dude, if you're going to squawk about decorum, you have to lead by example.

No argument from me.

I always am. You should pay attention and learn how.

There were plenty of alcoholics clamoring for prohibition, "Please! Stop me from drinking myself into oblivion!"

Normally I am completely against criminalizing vice, but in this case where we (well, not me anymore) are paying someone to a job and they are wasting time on the job to take potshots just throw them in jail.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There were plenty of alcoholics clamoring for prohibition, "Please! Stop me from drinking myself into oblivion!"

Normally I am completely against criminalizing vice, but in this case where we (well, not me anymore) are paying someone to a job and they are wasting time on the job to take potshots just throw them in jail.
Hey dude, I'm all for cleaning up parliament.

It isn't the idea I'm enjoying poking holes in. It's nonsense like...

The fact that they would push for it knowing their own can be volatile really speaks to their credibility.

I highly doubt they're going to push to hard. This is more about optics for their shills and the perpetually brain dead, than it is about actually cleaning up parliament.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Hey dude, I'm all for cleaning up parliament.

It isn't the idea I'm enjoying poking holes in. It's nonsense like...

I highly doubt they're going to push to hard.

That would just make it funnier, if the Conservatives were like, "Yeah! That's a fantastic idea."

"Well, let's not be hasty."

"But it was your idea."

"It was just an idea..."

Or if they implemented it so fast that they didn't curb their manners in time.

Rhetorical whiplash.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

As seen by this youtube video, NDP Leader Mulcair should volunteer for a suspension without pay for his uncivil behaviour 2 months ago.