Muslim paedophile who groomed victim on FB walks...

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I actually do not give a damn what his culture or religious affiliation is. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Period.
We have great number of the MPs'in our government who are of different culture and many of them are lawyers . Are they ignorant of the law .........or are they just plain crooks ?
Can we terminate them or show respect ? ....ignorant question .

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We have great number of the MPs'in our government who are of different culture and many of them are lawyers . Are they ignorant of the law .........or are they just plain crooks ?
Can we terminate them or show respect ? ....ignorant question .
What are you going on about now?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Give him a taste of his own. Under Sharia, what happens when a happens when a man defiles himself with an infidel?

...not that I'm suggesting vigilantism or anything
What he did would be termed as "apostasy" and the punishment varies widely from nothing to death.

see below

The Qur'an itself does not prescribe any earthly punishment for apostasy; Islamic scholarship differs on its punishment, ranging from execution – based on an interpretation of certain hadiths – to no punishment at all as long as they "do not work against the Muslim society or nation."[1] The majority of Muslim scholars hold to the traditional view that apostasy is punishable by death or imprisonment until repentance, at least for adult men of sound mind.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Thanks CB for attributing to me opinions I don't have.

Repeat: I am highly skeptical of the referenced news reports. The only possible ways this story could be accurate are if the judge is incompetent or crazy. More likely the story has been twisted and distorted in support of a anti-Islam anti-Immigrant agenda.

If the reports are accurate, I'm sure the crown will appeal and the judge will be reviewed...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's all right there for everyone to see.

Fain offense and innocence if you wish, but in the end your posts just look silly and dishonest.

Your choice.

Repeat: I am highly skeptical of the referenced news reports.
No doubt.

The only possible ways this story could be accurate are if the judge is incompetent or crazy. More likely the story has been twisted and distorted in support of a anti-Islam anti-Immigrant agenda.
Because as we all know, that the only type of news story that gets twisted... :roll:

If the reports are accurate, I'm sure the crown will appeal and the judge will be reviewed...
Maybe. It is the UK after all.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Repeat: I am highly skeptical of the referenced news reports. The only possible ways this story could be accurate are if the judge is incompetent or crazy. More likely the story has been twisted and distorted in support of a anti-Islam anti-Immigrant agenda.

Interesting point of view because I too believe something is lacking in the story from a factual angle.

If it is true as written, and if the public don't like the call, they may ask that he step down as they have done in another case recently where a judge set a "potential" serial bomber free.

There is a league called the Christian Defence League that I stumbled across when looking for more information on this case and they seem to be doing watch-dog activities. They look like an interesting group themselves.

Bingo!

.. But as a consideration on the ramifications related to this case; I have to wonder if this guy's use of his religion as a viable defense may open the door to public scrutiny of the dogma that is being taught at this school
yes, I want to know more about the school and the curriculum... I want to know who checks up on these satellite schools and what kind of testing is done with regard to the curriculum.

It could be their own little terrorist training camp right in the heart of some little village.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Interesting point of view because I too believe something is lacking in the story from a factual angle.
I don't.

It's all quite clear. The artcile highlights the Judges reasons clearly. He knew what he was doing was wrong under Islamic tenets, he should have known the law, but felt the he was passive and incarceration would have been detrimental to him and posed the potential for greater damage.

I can understand the ruling and the Judges reasoning.

I can also see how the case can be used in future cases or in appeals.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ugh, I hate Mail Online, they twist everything so fricking much.

It sounds like this was a statutory issue, not a sexual assault. He was found guilty and sentenced to two years probation.

This isn't 'a walk' like the article makes it sounds, and isn't far from how other 18 year olds busted for consentual sex with 13 year olds, would be sentenced.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

If it is true as written, and if the public don't like the call, they may ask that he step down as they have done in another case recently where a judge set a "potential" serial bomber free.

There is a league called the Christian Defence League that I stumbled across when looking for more information on this case and they seem to be doing watch-dog activities. They look like an interesting group themselves.

yes, I want to know more about the school and the curriculum... I want to know who checks up on these satellite schools and what kind of testing is done with regard to the curriculum.

It could be their own little terrorist training camp right in the heart of some little village.

The Christian Defence League appear to be of a similar bent as the Oslo nutcase.

Regarding this case. The sources seem to be obscuring the decision. But the key points revealed by the news so far are:

1) The 18 year old was naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters.’

2) The 18 year old was ‘passive’ and ‘lacking assertiveness’,

Likely close examination of the details, ( especially months of communication between these two) would reveal what the news isn't reporting and support the judge's decision..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This isn't 'a walk' like the article makes it sounds, and isn't far from how other 18 year olds busted for consentual sex with 13 year olds, would be sentenced.

17 years old... JACKSON, Miss.: Jennings loses appeal of rape conviction | State | The Sun Herald

15 years less 5.

The Christian Defence League appear to be of a similar bent as the Oslo nutcase.

Regarding this case. The sources seem to be obscuring the decision. But the key points revealed by the news so far are:

1) The 18 year old was naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters.’

2) The 18 year old was ‘passive’ and ‘lacking assertiveness’,

Likely close examination of the details, ( especially months of communication between these two) would reveal what the news isn't reporting and support the judge's decision..
LOL, the elephant in the room isn't enough for you eh, lol.

The judges reasons highlighted in the article, support the Judges reasons, lol.

The fact that he popped out of the bathroom with a condom installed sort of negate the reasons the Judge gave though, lol.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The ignorance of the law thing should apply to the Judge as well apparently. This is the
beginning of the end of society if they let crap like this happen. This person need to have
justice applied.
First is he British by Birth? If so religion and custom is teaching things that are illegal and
this is one of the reasons we should have churches obey the laws of the land like everyone
else. If the parents teach them what he said he believed its foster care time as the parents
are unfit.
If he is an immigrant it demonstrates that someone at immigration let people into the country
that are not in keeping with the laws of the society. At best this person should be deported
Yes stripped of citizenship and deported.
The time has come in western society to stand up for the rights and the laws of the land.
Bending to accommodate every group means we will soon be tilting toward anarchy and we
may be doing that already
The law is the law, ignorance is no excuse and saying the girl tempted him is no excuse it
just proves that men in some cultures are not really men and they have to blame women
because they are not really men, Enough already

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Jamie Cullen, now 21, was jailed for two years after a judge said he believed there may be some doubt about his knowledge of the girl’s age, but he would have been aware she was under 16.

Man jailed for having sex with 13-year-old at party (From The Northern Echo),

Cullen claims he didn't know, the sister of the victim disagrees. Cullen is sentenced to two years.

Rashid claims ignorance of the law, the Judge doesn't believe him, cites he naive and sexually immature contrary to the facts such as pre-installed condom, and is given a suspended 9 months sentence.

Very interesting.

Sorry it took so long to find something showing the disparity, but since UK Courts document statutory rape as rape, it's hard to research.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Jamie Cullen, now 21, was jailed for two years after a judge said he believed there may be some doubt about his knowledge of the girl’s age, but he would have been aware she was under 16.

Cullen claims he didn't know, the sister of the victim disagrees. Cullen is sentenced to two years.

Rashid claims ignorance of the law, the Judge doesn't believe him, cites he naive and sexually immature contrary to the facts such as pre-installed condom, and is given a suspended 9 months sentence.

Very interesting.

Sorry it took so long to find something showing the disparity, but since UK Courts document statutory rape as rape, it's hard to research.
He picked her up at a party. There was no prior relationship and it says nothing about him being sexually naive. In fact he was the opposite and tried to obfuscate the facts regarding his knowledge of her age...all of which would have gone against him.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Very interesting.

My point exactly. This is the one that made the news, because he actually got two years.

5 years age difference versus 8 years age difference.

One well aware of the underagedness, one claiming ignorance.

One found by the courts to be sexually naïve, the other presumably not.

And yet their sentences are not a far cry from one another. Both found guilty. One on parole for 2 years, while the other one does time and probably will be paroled in that time.

A judge has a certain amount of leeway in assessing individual cases, and this case isn't the preferential treatment of this individual that the 'news'paper tries to make it out to be.

It does however raise a very important question, and I suspect that is why the school's name was left out of it, of whether a school can teach its pupils things that fly in the face of the law of the land.