Muslim high school soccer team refuses to play team with two girls

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Re: Female players sidelined in Mississauga Muslim soccer team’s protest

They needed more goals to get in to the playoffs so a forfeit would not have helped them.

This was posted here before.

Was it? My bad, I don't remember it.

It was. My Rogers internet is flaky this morning so I am not wanting to search for it.

But perhaps a mod could find it and merge it. Know any of those? :)
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/134743-muslim-high-school-soccer-team.html

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Merged. You know, with the thread started by the other mod, lol.

Why? You looking to start trouble or just trying to be a smarta$$?

I think that I found one!

I just haven't noticed any Mod action at all, on here. Either they have broad parameters or there is an inordinately well behaved community on here. I am a veteran of many boards over the years and this one seems to be pretty peaceful.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I think that I found one!

I just haven't noticed any Mod action at all, on here. Either they have broad parameters or there is an inordinately well behaved community on here. I am a veteran of many boards over the years and this one seems to be pretty peaceful.

There are quite a few here that would disagree with that sentiment, lol.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

There are quite a few here that would disagree with that sentiment, lol.

You should get out, more.

Then again, most of the grittier Troll farms that I have happened upon over the years have been long since shut down in the interests of good taste and other nation's liable laws.

Oh look, someone doesn't think they're getting enough attention, lol.

As I said, this seems to be a pretty easy going forum. It's downright Canadian.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

You should get out, more.

Why do I need to get out more? I don't disagree it's peaceful enough. If it isn't I'll move, delete or ban. Pretty simple really.

As I said, this seems to be a pretty easy going forum. It's downright Canadian.

A shocking outcome for a forum named Canadian Content.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Women shouldn't be playing football. It's a men's game. They should stick to girls' sports like rounders and netball (baseball and basketball).

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If this is near the play-offs how did they handle the games throughout the season? (and which team would have advanced)

Women shouldn't be playing football. It's a men's game. They should stick to girls' sports like rounders and netball (baseball and basketball).
Let's leave it as an Englishman's game rather than confuse it with rodeo events as the way to spend free time when you are a man.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

It was stupid of them to play it out. They should have accepted the forfeit. Let the protesting team see how far they can get in a league with forfeiting every other game.

Sometimes ya just gotta cut that baby in half.
Shoulda used the old lacrosse rule. "First half, we dominate. Second half, we punish."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I question the integrity of any sport where you need more than a score of 1-0 before it is a win. Just because the Vatican requires 2/3 before it is a 'fair vote' doesn't mean it should be adopted world-wide. (after all their place isn't exactly a smoothly running oiled machine now is it??

Soccer is up on other corruption issues that are a lot bigger than looking at a 'butt' instead of the 'ball'.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Where do you think the Muslims got it from? The only cancer to make it around the world several times.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
women's football team in our country​

of course women can play football ... but at here ( at least in Iran ) thay prefer to play volleyball or Basketball . recently in our province women Tend to play Cricket . also martial arts are really popular . Female Iranian ninjas are famous

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
of course women can play football ...

Bollocks. If women and girls can play football at anywhere near the level of men and boys then the upcoming Women's World Cup in Canada would be being shown, in Britain, on BBC One and ITV1 rather than BBC Three, a channel which has so few viewers that, next year, it is to be discontinued as an on-air channel and preserved as an internet channel instead. The fact that the biggest tournament in women's football is only being shown in Britain on a channel that hardly anybody watches tells you something.

How Muslim of you in your thinking.

Football is a men's sport that the feminists have allowed women to muscle into to. Women have their sports that men rarely play - like rounders and netball (except in North America where men play those sports and call them baseball and basketball) - so I can't see what the problem is in allowing men-only sports. Football is a men's sport that women should not be playing. Men are no longer allowed to have their own space and their own things nowadays. Women always have to muscle in now.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Bollocks. If women and girls can play football at anywhere near the level of men and boys then the upcoming Women's World Cup in Canada would be being shown, in Britain, on BBC One and ITV1 rather than BBC Three, a channel which has so few viewers that, next year, it is to be discontinued as an on-air channel and preserved as an internet channel instead. The fact that the biggest tournament in women's football is only being shown in Britain on a channel that hardly anybody watches tells you something.

Football is a men's sport that the feminists have allowed women to muscle into to. Women have their sports that men rarely play - like rounders and netball (except in North America where men play those sports and call them baseball and basketball) - so I can't see what the problem is in allowing men-only sports. Football is a men's sport that women should not be playing. Men are no longer allowed to have their own space and their own things nowadays. Women always have to muscle in now.

That is not really football anyway. That is just soccer. Seems like you have to be in North America to be able to tell one sport from another.

Women also play football here.