moving

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Lots of accommodation in Kitsault.Far as I know only one house is occupied. Ocean falls has a few vacancies as well. So does Thasis. Cheap too. Of course there are no jobs in these locations which explains the low rent and high vacancy rate. If the weather in these areas was better I'm sure all the welfare bums would flock there.

There is nothing east of Hope. Hence the name.

Come on Taxslave. The Okanagan is nice too - especially in summer. My son lives out where you do now. We are there a little more often. Having Thanksgiving dinner at his house. Making pumpkin cheese cake tomorrow.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Come on Taxslave. The Okanagan is nice too - especially in summer. My son lives out where you do now. We are there a little more often. Having Thanksgiving dinner at his house. Making pumpkin cheese cake tomorrow.

Normally you would be right but this past week reminds of my days in Tahsis, so you can quit sending the crap up anytime now! :lol:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
;-)
Under the Cambie Street bridge is pretty cheap.

gosh, you are naughty..:lol: You forgot to mention that one has to bring his/her own "lodgings".

If one is looking for cost effective rent.....housing.. try parts of the interior , central BC and further north. But it also depends on the lifestyle you are looking for and if you can afford it.

Vancouver Island has some lovely places. again stay away from the larger cosmopolitan areas. Nanaimo might not be bad price wise. and is quite lovely. Going further north on the Island has possibilities and loads of natural beauty.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
;-)

gosh, you are naughty..:lol: You forgot to mention that one has to bring his/her own "lodgings".

If one is looking for cost effective rent.....housing.. try parts of the interior , central BC and further north. But it also depends on the lifestyle you are looking for and if you can afford it.

Vancouver Island has some lovely places. again stay away from the larger cosmopolitan areas. Nanaimo might not be bad price wise. and is quite lovely. Going further north on the Island has possibilities and loads of natural beauty.

If you are not too fussy about who you bunk with, there may be hippies on Lasqueti Island looking for a room mate.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
:lol:
If you are not too fussy about who you bunk with, there may be hippies on Lasqueti Island looking for a room mate.

and given the era of "hippies"........if there are any , they would be quite burnt out & geriatric by now.:smile: So one could go on a "waiting list" as they gradually pass from this dimension..;-)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
:lol:

and given the era of "hippies"........if there are any , they would be quite burnt out & geriatric by now.:smile: So one could go on a "waiting list" as they gradually pass from this dimension..;-)

Actually most of them are a couple of years younger than me and I've still got a good mile or two left in me. :lol:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Actually most of them are a couple of years younger than me and I've still got a good mile or two left in me. :lol:

.......and here is to many more.;-)

shalibali

Nov 9, 2011
.......and here is to many more.;-)
I thought I would give you some info on BC. I live in the North Okanagan near Vernon and Salmon Arm. There are not many jobs here. Rents here in Vernon, Salmon Arm are about the same as the lower mainland. Now one place that may be a good possibility is Kamloops. They have a few mines in and around that area and that seems to keep the economy strong. A big gold and coppermine is opening up 12 kms, west of Kamloops is opening up in 2012, so that helps that area. I , myself have thought about moving too from where I am, as it is quite depressed in this area. Rents in Kamloops , again are pretty well the same as everywhere else. I dont know what you require . I bedroom apt, is about 650.00 3 bedroom place , like a half duplex can be anywhere from 800.00 and up. I find rents in BC not much different than anywhere else in Canada. You could say that other provinces have caught up to BC in that regard. Another place that is not so bad, if you are thinking of the lower mainland is Chilliwack. Lots of jobs there and rents are the same as where I am. When i was growing up there , there wasnt much but Chilliwack has really attrtacted new busiinesses in the last 10 years. It rains a lot there, like everywhere else on the lower mainland. and there is more crime than where I live. I would say Kamloops is one of youe best bets if You dont want to live on the mainland. But Kamloops gets pretty hot in the summer. its very desert like there. Lots of sage brush. But you are close to our gorgeous lakes in the okanagan. I myself, really like Salmon Arm too. It would be helpful to know what kind of work you do. If you are a care aid you can get a job anywhere in BC. I hope this helps..