Mother bear kills cub and then itself

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Don't you read your own threads?.....this happened in china

In Canada...it's illegal to kill bears for bear parts....where do you live anyway????

here on vancouver island ten years ago, my husband and I were driving on a country road, not far
from our house, when we spotted a bear laying on the road.
We stopped, slowly made our way over to it, 'not' a mark on the bear, but when we dragged it over
to the side of the road, we noticed an incision in the rear stomach area, obviously a gall bladder
incision.

I guess the bear was dropped out of a vehicle, not really sure, no blood on the road, so theft of
the organ wasn't done 'there'.

Very disturbing, a young beautiful healthy looking bear, died for such a stupid and selfish reason,
don't know who did it, never will.

The above OP story is very disturbing, thought about it all night, woke up in the middle of the night, a very helpless feeling, the human animal is the most cruel of
all.

We think we can do anything to anything and anybody for the satisfaction of ourselves.

I inderstand the killing of one animal of another for their own survival. But
the human kills for reasons that extend far beyond sane behavior.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The Chinese have long been involved in despicable practices with wildlife. Canada has a hard time condemning the pricks because we still have this ridiculous seal hunt. A little more brain power in Ottawa would make it possible to put us in a position to take the Chinese to task. It would also help if the US wasn't so irresponsible. Why is it so heavily in debt to the Chinese? How do you criticize your financial masters?

Yep, Canadians risking their lives every spring to eke out a living on the ice, killing seals.................horrible horrible...........give your head a shake. The cutesy lil pups aren't taken any more............too bad, as their coats are probably worth more. I used to hope Brigette Bardot would hit an edge and disappear never to be seen again................No such luck.

AND.......................how the hell is anyone going to take the Chinese to task?? Ain't happening. Too bad. Despicable treatment of animals and humans has been their trademark for centuries.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The only good thing that I read in the OP is that the bears are at least finally free from that perpetual agony. While I would have preferred them to have been able to escape(and perhaps maul a worker or two, just a little), they probably wouldn't have lived too long with that hole in their stomach and wearing that metal vest.

Comparing the seal hunt to what is done here are two totally different things. The seal is killed instantly, while the bears in the OP are living for a long time with continual, agonizing pain. Not even close...