More than 1,000,000 people have died result of the US led Iraq invasion!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The corporation, the United States of America, loses money so their subsidiaries in the military/industrial complex can make billions. The shareholders of the corporation of the USA lose big time but the shareholders of the subsidiaries laugh all the way to the bank. That is why you have filthy rich people and dirt poor slums. It is a sick system that needs to be dismantled.

The last great president resisted the military industrial complex, Kennedy embraced it.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
The corporation, the United States of America, loses money so their subsidiaries in the military/industrial complex can make billions. The shareholders of the corporation of the USA lose big time but the shareholders of the subsidiaries laugh all the way to the bank. That is why you have filthy rich people and dirt poor slums. It is a sick system that needs to be dismantled.

Under the Hoover and Roosevelt administrations, new government agencies were established which purported to protect deposits in S&Ls and to subsidize home mortgages for the middle class. These measures disorted the law of supply and demand and from that point forward, the housing industry was moved out of the free masrket and into the political arena.
Once the pattern of government intervention had been established, there began a long unbroken series of federal rules and regulation that were the source of windfall profits for managers, appraisers, brokers, developers and builders. They also weakened the industry by encouraging unsound business practices and high-risk investments.

And here we are.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Of course the defense industry is getting money, that wasn't the question.

I hope before we quit funding the defence industry there are jobs for laid off military to go to that pay as much as their current jobs and I hope if we have a domestic disaster, there is someone available to help clean up the mess and go to people's aid.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I hope before we quit funding the defence industry there are jobs for laid off military to go to that pay as much as their current jobs and I hope if we have a domestic disaster, there is someone available to help clean up the mess and go to people's aid.

Not to mention the 10's of thousands of workers working for the defense contractors. you know, they are probably the only industry supporting everything else at the moment. I know there is a lot of equipment that is just wearing out from use that need replacing.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If you don't mind sinking deeper into debt it could be used to develop usable products. Just for example the Colorado Shale deposits could be ground and used in place of regular gravel just because once it is in place the wind doesn't blow it into dust. Initially more expensive but once in place it is good for 10 years before a touch-up is needed. In that 10 years 50m yds of gravel have been saved and 3x that in costs involved in laying it here and there.
Once something is 'built' you get to sit around and enjoy it. Once everybody is getting their basic needs it is time to move onto leisure activities. Hopefull those low interest loans would mean snow skiing resorts would multiply into 1,000's worldwide rather than the few 100's of today.

Seriously look at what the US National debt has paid in just interest since the creation of the Federal Reserve .