More Needless Multiculturalism Problems From Immigrants

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
No no no you missed the hickory hint. There are 12 English dialects from Alabama, 17 in Texas but only 3 in New Jersey only 2 in Georgia etc http://web.ku.edu/~idea/northamerica/usa/georgia/georgia1.mp3

... And umpteen dialects from every nation that has representation in Canadian society. I don't see the point, I have yet to hear of any Americans (Georgians) demanding that society bend to accommodate their specific culture.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
... And umpteen dialects from every nation that has representation in Canadian society. I don't see the point, I have yet to hear of any Americans (Georgians) demanding that society bend to accommodate their specific culture.
You've never heard of the Civil War?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, are you expecting a mass immigration of Georgians, Texans, Alabamians, etc north?
Ones who want good jobs yeah and have Red Seal trades or recognized acemdic qualifications for sure. The borders have already opened to labour but so far it's just Mexican vegetable growers and pickers who have shown up.

They are easy to sopt from the Canadian/US northern natives. They look like Hugo Chavez and their women dress like hookers.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I never heard any uproar over the Baptist kids I went to school with being excluded from the dance portion of gym based on their religion. Or the Jehova kids skipping out on concerts etc. because they were 'Christmas' concerts. We practice our religions freely in this country, why shouldn't other people, if all they're asking for is the ability to opt out? So long as they're not demanding two phys ed classes, let them sit out.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I never heard any uproar over the Baptist kids I went to school with being excluded from the dance portion of gym based on their religion. Or the Jehova kids skipping out on concerts etc. because they were 'Christmas' concerts. We practice our religions freely in this country, why shouldn't other people, if all they're asking for is the ability to opt out? So long as they're not demanding two phys ed classes, let them sit out.

A direct quote from the article:

"In any event, the school district is trying to find a way to adapt the curriculum to fit the wishes of these families, rather than these families adapting to fit into the school and Canadian culture."

The previous examples you highlighted suggested that the student/family adapted to the issues, this version sees the tail wagging the dog.

On the issue of gender segregation during physical education, what about the beliefs of those families that believe there is an important socialization process/component?.. I am not saying that one groups wishes should trump the other, however, the current example demands that this be done.

It did inded happen and some of the issues still exist today.

Like?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
What's wrong with asking in a free country? How do you sell freedom by telling people to shut up?

The problem of imigration is easily solved.

Only allow white Christians in and a few token Jews.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
What's wrong with asking in a free country? How do you sell freedom by telling people to shut up?

There's nothing wrong with asking, but there is something wrong with folks like yourself that imply (see your ridiculous quote below) racism and bigotry because everyone doesn't cede to your selfish demands.

The problem of imigration is easily solved.

Only allow white Christians in and a few token Jews.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Ive been reading about a bunch of incidents in western countries about muslims refusing to integrate... But lately most of the articles bringing this to light are written by western muslims.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Ive been reading about a bunch of incidents in western countries about muslims refusing to integrate... But lately most of the articles bringing this to light are written by western muslims.

There has been an aggressive movement by a number of European gvts that tackle this very issue. Although the articles are written from a Western perspective (Muslim or otherwise), that is still symptomatic of the conflict that is arising.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
There's nothing wrong with asking, but there is something wrong with folks like yourself that imply (see your ridiculous quote below) racism and bigotry because everyone doesn't cede to your selfish demands.

Who said anything about ceding to these demands? I won't begrudge the complaint though.

We make it more difficult by funding Catholic schools....end that (I would) and they have little grounds for complaint for unfair use of tax dollars.

In my experience, when folks moan about immigration they are refferring to people with dots and people with un-christian religions.....this spans all political strips as well. The most visious I have ever encountered was from a card carrying NDPer....go figure.

You can hear it under the breath of Canadians....go home you brown bastards.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Who said anything about ceding to these demands? I won't begrudge the complaint though.

We make it more difficult by funding Catholic schools....end that (I would) and they have little grounds for complaint for unfair use of tax dollars.

In my experience, when folks moan about immigration they are refferring to people with dots and people with un-christian religions.....this spans all political strips as well. The most visious I have ever encountered was from a card carrying NDPer....go figure.

You can hear it under the breath of Canadians....go home you brown bastards.

What, Catholics have been demanding an end to music class, the elimination of free speech, and total submission to the will of Allah as described by His Prophet? They have been slashing their girls, murdering their daughters, putting their women in tents?

How about flying planes into tall buildings, blowing the hell out of buses and railway stations?

Killing people because of the insulting depiction of Christ in art?

Filing human rights complaints because of someone expressing an anti-Catholic opinion?

Or, getting away from Islam, have Catholics been demanding the right to go around armed, that is denied other Canadian citizens?????

OF COURSE anti-immigrant feeling is directed at those outside the Judeo-Christian framework that is the foundation of this society.......

ABSOLUTELY.....if you can't accept the basic equality under the law, freedom of speech, and emancipation of women that came to be Judeo-Christian societies, get the hell you you bastard........and I don't care WHAT colour you are....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
ABSOLUTELY.....if you can't accept the basic equality under the law, freedom of speech, and emancipation of women that came to be Judeo-Christian societies, get the hell you you bastard........and I don't care WHAT colour you are....

That would be fine with me, it would get rid of a lot of people born and raised in this country.