'Mommy, don't,' Bridgewater girl pleaded in last moments of life

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If I could only get my hands around 'her' neck, just for one minute, or maybe a
few seconds, then a turn for the next person waiting in line, then the next and ---

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What I can't grasp besides the fact that you could do something so heinous....especially to your own flesh and blood....if she was so desperate to keep this guy friend, is why didn't she let her daughter go back to her biological father????? God...what that poor child had to go through....knowing her own mother was killing her...ending her life!!!
That is exactly what I thought. I just don't understand why she didn't call the girl's Dad and say "I want you to take her". Don't under estimate prison justice. She may get hers yet. She'll have to be kept in solitary or suffer the fate of (I believe) Jeffery Dahmers. I think he was out in the general population and mysteriously died didn't he?
Someone wondered why her boyfriend isn't charged with being an accessory. He never told her to go kill the girl. He said to make a choice. Maybe he thought she would send her to live with her Dad. He was not with her when she killed her daughter and by all appearances, did not assist her in any way. He probably despises her too. It's amazing the rage and disgust we can all feel when some warped being kills a child. The person she trusted most in all the world. Terrifying.:-(8O:-(

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Short of making women prisonners beat and rape eachother like the men supposedly do, I don't see much that can be done to change that.

You could not allow women to have luxury individual apartments while men stay in communal cells.

Maybe put them in a dress code, not let them wander around in civies.

Maybe not give them delivery once a week?

The women still conduct violence against each other, they just react alot quicker and with alot more resources to protect everyone involved.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
That is exactly what I thought. I just don't understand why she didn't call the girl's Dad and say "I want you to take her". Don't under estimate prison justice. She may get hers yet. She'll have to be kept in solitary or suffer the fate of (I believe) Jeffery Dahmers. I think he was out in the general population and mysteriously died didn't he?

Women prisons are different. For starters, murdering and or torturing your own child is not a rare offense in the prisons, often for this very reason. Its a cozy life, alot better than her current one I'd bet.

She'll sit in a nice well furnished, drywalled appartment. Spend her days eating quality food (she'll have a kitchen to cook in), with delivery once a week, get a free education, and maybe think of another crime to get that treatment later.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Short of making women prisonners beat and rape eachother like the men supposedly do, I don't see much that can be done to change that.

Not until citizens can band together somehow and demand that capital punishment be reinstated for serious crimes. But I guess there will always be the bleeding hearts who don't want it for any reason. The same bleeding hearts should be footing the bill to feed and clothe them.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Not until citizens can band together somehow and demand that capital punishment be reinstated for serious crimes. But I guess there will always be the bleeding hearts who don't want it for any reason. The same bleeding hearts should be footing the bill to feed and clothe them.

I'm one of those against capital punishment. So yeah, use my tax dollars to pay for her care. It's a lot cheaper than executing her.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I'm one of those against capital punishment. So yeah, use my tax dollars to pay for her care. It's a lot cheaper than executing her.

China disagrees. :p

That being said, I disagree with the sexist special treatment women get.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Capital punishment is supposed to be a quick and humane end. This anti-mother doesn't deserve humane....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I suppose executions like weddings can be an elaborate affair but I'd opt for the cheap version.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Women prisons are different. For starters, murdering and or torturing your own child is not a rare offense in the prisons, often for this very reason. Its a cozy life, alot better than her current one I'd bet.

She'll sit in a nice well furnished, drywalled appartment. Spend her days eating quality food (she'll have a kitchen to cook in), with delivery once a week, get a free education, and maybe think of another crime to get that treatment later.

What are your talking about? This is so far from the truth it's almost shameful. There are transitional and minimum security facilities such as the one you described for women AND men. Is there any mention of her going to one that I have missed?

Torturing children is not exclusive to women, it's a popular reason for incarceration, in general. The incidents of women abusing children (to varying degrees)really is slightly higher, but only due to the fact that women are often the primary caregiver. Not all offenses lead to long term incarceration in cushy prisons as you suggest.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Someone wondered why her boyfriend isn't charged with being an accessory. He never told her to go kill the girl. He said to make a choice. Maybe he thought she would send her to live with her Dad. He was not with her when she killed her daughter and by all appearances, did not assist her in any way. He probably despises her too. It's amazing the rage and disgust we can all feel when some warped being kills a child. The person she trusted most in all the world. Terrifying.:-(8O:-(

Based on the above information from the witness, they talked about the aftermath a whole lot, and although he seemed pretty shocked and PO'd about her doing this, he didn't goto the cops about it and just went along with the drunk skank parties..... isn't there something a little wrong with that?

Well then again, I guess it's only a moral decision to report a crime, it's not a legal decision.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Not if you do it right..... how much is three bullets?

Better yet, how much does it cost to push her off a Newfoundland cliff into the ocean?

As the Mastercard commercials say, Priceless.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Based on the above information from the witness, they talked about the aftermath a whole lot, and although he seemed pretty shocked and PO'd about her doing this, he didn't goto the cops about it and just went along with the drunk skank parties..... isn't there something a little wrong with that?

Well then again, I guess it's only a moral decision to report a crime, it's not a legal decision.
That was the whole point of my answer to that - he did not report what he knew to be the truth but by all appearances, he did not aid in her actual murder. Her demented Mother was responsible for all of it.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
If they're going to die anyways, who cares? Death is death, no matter how long or how painful.... there's always going to be pain..... that's life..... soon to be death.
I think Tracey means there are other countries who execute people without absolute (DNA) proof rather then the method they use. We do not execute people in this country and even just recently, once again, a man was put behind bars for in excess of 20 yrs. for a crime he did not commit. Bullets may be cheap but wrongful death is not.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
If they're going to die anyways, who cares? Death is death, no matter how long or how painful.... there's always going to be pain..... that's life..... soon to be death.

When I say mistake I mean putting the wrong person on death row. It happens fairly often. I realize that wouldn't be the case here, but to institute capital punishment requires a lengthy appeals process in all cases. That costs a heck of a lot more than 3 bullets, it even costs more than incarcerating them for life. Prison guards are a lot cheaper than lawyers. They've done the cost analysis several times here in the US. If you're for capital punishment for the vengeance factor I understand that, but there is no point pretending it will save money.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think Tracey means there are other countries who execute people without absolute (DNA) proof rather then the method they use. We do not execute people in this country and even just recently, once again, a man was put behind bars for in excess of 20 yrs. for a crime he did not commit. Bullets may be cheap but wrongful death is not.

That was my point, thanks. Even if they really are guilty, I don't think it's worth the extra expense. Put her in prison and let her live every day thinking about the daughter she killed.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Im missing something Tracy.

What exactly is there in a death penalty that there is not in terms of life imprisonement in terms of appeals, duty of evidence etc?

What you seem to be describing is a system that does insufficient research before they destroy someones life and incarcerate them for their entire youth.

Either they are found guilty or not, its not much less of a travesty if someone is imprisoned for life mistakenly.