Mom: Pastor told gay son he's going to hell

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If he hadn't been going out and diddling other men, one could argue that. Once he stuck another man's dick in his mouth or his anus, that argument kind of looses its meaning.

But to be clear this particular priest is a hypocrite. The inference is that all Christian priest/pastors are cannot be made.

man I can't believe I'm about to post this but...

I think Walter's point was that the preacher regardless of being a homosexual himself, truly believes it's a sin and that homosexuals (including himself) will go to hell.

so he hasn't preached anything hypocritical (by the definition of that word) he has preached what he believes to be true.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I think Walter's point was that the preacher regardless of being a homosexual himself, truly believes it's a sin and that homosexuals (including himself) will go to hell.

so he hasn't preached anything hypocritical (by the definition of that word) he has preached what he believes to be true.

That is an interesting interpretation.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is not an anti christian thread. We have a man of the cloth counseling a young person
to kill themselves because they are in the ministers eyes a sinner. At the same time the
Minister, a man of the cloth is engaging in the same activity. If they minister was doing
that without counseling others that is his business but once he engages in making value
judgements with lethal potential consequences he has gone too far. That is not anti
Christian it is fair commernt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Actually the non-hypocritical thing for him to have done would have been to off himself as that is what he was advocating to the kid.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Christianity is dying, and as it does, those who truly believe it are desperately searching for validation, aka, the nutbars. Most christians have little faith, and are going along to get along, just in case the overwhelming evidence is wrong and the nutbars are right.

They are sadly overpowered by fear and guilt of something they will never know, but just imagine.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Actually the non-hypocritical thing for him to have done would have been to off himself as that is what he was advocating to the kid.

Yep, you're right.

He's a horrible example of a human being to be sure. Sometimes those that are the most vocal or most ferocious and unbending in their conviction or opinion of something are subconciously laying open their own faults.

Quite honestly anyone who behaves like this one is alleged to behave is simply a dumbazz moron. Simple as that.

but a dangerous dumbazz moron considering he had some spiritual authority over minors.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
All the interesting people are going to Hell anyway - if it exists.
save me a place close to you, you're at least super smart and interesting!!!

all the saintly are gonna get a major SURprise