Microsoft Support Service scam.....

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Always. ;)

Parasites is right. Setting aside the absolute scammers, who deserves their own little corner of hell when they die, telemarketing is grotesquely intrusive and an incredibly sleazy way to sell a product. Especially when you consider that so many telemarketing calls are from large companies (Bell, Rogers, etc). For a while I kept getting calls from Reliance, who provide my water heater, trying to sell me insurance or upgrades for my furnace. That I don't have. Because I live in a condo! And they have my number because it's in my customer file. And then there are the insurance calls from the bank.

Thank goodness for the call display, that's all I'm saying.

Too bad we couldn't dig a pit and dump all those scammers into it.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Or a special button on the phone that, when pressed, would give the person on the other end a big old shock!

The last time I got one of those 'you've won a cruise' calls, I messed around until I got a live operator, answered one question, paused a couple of times, and then SCREAMED at the top of my lungs into the phone. It was fun, and since I was at work, the other guy laughed his ass off for about an hour.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The last time I got one of those 'you've won a cruise' calls, I messed around until I got a live operator, answered one question, paused a couple of times, and then SCREAMED at the top of my lungs into the phone. It was fun, and since I was at work, the other guy laughed his ass off for about an hour.

Lol, excellent.

One telemarketer down, a several thousand to go. If we're diligent and apply ourselves, we can get 'em all! ;)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Or a special button on the phone that, when pressed, would give the person on the other end a big old shock!
A friend used to keep a small high pitch tuning fork by the phone. When he got a call like that he would bang it on the edge of the end table and put it up against the mouth piece. The effect can just about ripopen an ear drum.

I have an old push button phone with no frills. I use my answering machine to screen calls. I also have a Mac so I tell PC scammers where to go.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I don't get that many anymore, since I subscribed to the do not call list.....but one thing I used to do is to tell them that I couldn't hear them on that line and if they would please call my other line and give them an inside number (unlisted) to the OPP office.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I registered on the "do not scam list". I'd be pissed if they phoned me.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

And make them poop themselves.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
One old troll here....I was sure his job was a telemarketer.....Weekdays....he was never on the forum between 4 and 10...The time most of us in the east get those pesky calls:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
One old troll here....I was sure his job was a telemarketer.....Weekdays....he was never on the forum between 4 and 10...The time most of us in the east get those pesky calls:smile:

Was it the troll of the lolydo variety?