Michael Moore's 'Sicko' Scrutinizes Canada's Healthcare

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
In other word..injustice?
Rich are more valuable than some poor African-American (Canadian)?
Its not injustice for them to buy education, better education. This is a different concept.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Even with more private education there can still be scholarships for gifted students to try to keep the concept of education as the great equalizer.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
I'm not sure what you are saying. Even with more private education there can still be scholarships for gifted students to try to keep the concept of education as the great equalizer.
Yes, I am from private school, frankly hehe.
I go to private school because my mother can afford it, especially since its one of the cheapest private school in Ontario..
Its just that they are heavily dependent upon International students all abroad, mostly from Hong Kong (2x tuition fee compared to Hong Kong).
Our school have programs to help students (Canadians) pay their fees, partially. Some volunteer to work in school for 30% cut or generous offer from the school's chapel.
And government funding*.
Truth is, its for those who can afford and are willing to afford. Not everyone will get charity, will be generosity, and will be eligible for the program. Not every poor is going to receive scholarship either.
Its for few and its limited.
So we use tax dollars from corporations and people.
I'm firmly opposed to all privatization, even if its for economy.

And I am for government sponsoring some students who wish to go to private school, depending on their grade and enthusiasm to give them better chance of education.

I'm not opposed to some privatization, its necessary. It will give some relaxation for the government.

But here is the question:
Would you go to public or private if those two schools had good education and infrastructure, with no difference?

I would go to public..its just that my public school near me doesn't encourage best possible education...but there is one in Lakeshore region, which is near my town.
I simply go to this private school because it encourages Christian values.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'd highly reccomend the deletion of all your school and city info. Not a good idea. Not webwise at all. Just my two cents.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
I would also like to raise a question.
Can this be the same for public health care?
As in terms of choice, yes.
As in terms of moral, no.
Why?
Because health care is what is necessary for the people to stay alive and it is a must for everyone.
As education is for everyone, so should health care.
If Canada were to have some private health care, it should be heavily regulated and be accountable to the people.

I can't imagine Canada to have private education...everywhere.
It will be heavy blow for immigrants who came to seek better education from Third World countries..and especially Red China.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007

Done..I did feel uncomfortable..
thanks

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Now thats funny like the Fraser Institues isn't biased :roll::lol::lol::lol:Ever see were they get there money from Walter ?A large chunk from US big pharma ouch :lol: