Mexico, listed as overseas in the media

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Ottawa has few intl reporters becase nothing happens there, that the PM would threaten to call an election over the Charter and gay marriage is a snore from a bore.

CBC radio had an item tonight how poorly Cdn biz is selling in China. The usual story, ho hum. Canada sends about 90% of its exports to one country and all is well.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Mexico, listed as ove

I dunno about that, dtm...China is buying entire neighbourhoods of monster houses from us. They like the product.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I dunno about that, dtm...China is buying entire neighbourhoods of monster houses from us. They like the product.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I saw China is our second largest trading partner 30 billion annually but it is one sided 21.9 billion we buy compared to 8.1 billion they buy. So hopefully PM Martins visit and with the booming Chinese economy that will change.

Hopefully they will buy our beef and lumber so we will be less reliant on America. As they keep screwing us on those two issues. We also have natural resources they may need as well.

The USA has always been our largest trading partner and probably will for a long time, but we need to stop relying on one country to buy our products and China could be our "back up" so to speak so when American protectionism and lobby groups, politicians start messing around with us we can hopefully persuade China to buy our goods.

We always win the "Softwood Lumber" but America keeps ignoring it and changes the rules and I believe China right now is a very good opportunity and we better sign on before its too late.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I saw China is our second largest trading partner 30 billion annually but it is one sided 21.9 billion we buy compared to 8.1 billion they buy. So hopefully PM Martins visit and with the booming Chinese economy that will change.

Hopefully they will buy our beef and lumber so we will be less reliant on America. As they keep screwing us on those two issues. We also have natural resources they may need as well.

The USA has always been our largest trading partner and probably will for a long time, but we need to stop relying on one country to buy our products and China could be our "back up" so to speak so when American protectionism and lobby groups, politicians start messing around with us we can hopefully persuade China to buy our goods.

We always win the "Softwood Lumber" but America keeps ignoring it and changes the rules and I believe China right now is a very good opportunity and we better sign on before its too late.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
China like Mexico are only two out of 180 countries where export growth is stagnant. Cdn biz and media talk a so-called global game but they are are in the minor leagues in practice.

If you punch "globalization" into the google search engine you get 7 million hits, punch in "dog" and and you get 83 million hits. Are dogs 12x more important to the media than globalization is? Or are dogs global too? It's a rruff topic.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
China like Mexico are only two out of 180 countries where export growth is stagnant. Cdn biz and media talk a so-called global game but they are are in the minor leagues in practice.

If you punch "globalization" into the google search engine you get 7 million hits, punch in "dog" and and you get 83 million hits. Are dogs 12x more important to the media than globalization is? Or are dogs global too? It's a rruff topic.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com