Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Why are people so afraid of the Big Bad Boogie Man to the south..

We are all Children of a Common Mother..
Because we are not all of a common mother and many of us feel Canadian not like wannabe Americans. We have our own identity and don't wish to lose it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Separate nations and wonderful friends... separate and equal... love my cousins to the south...don't wish to be one!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We should stay apart, that way the term 'they went down together.' will still have some meaning when we both implode at the same time. Hard to say when that actual date will be. Alberta and Montana should start a highway going down to Chili, we call it a toll road, Alberta can be the filling station and Chile the end of the line for the Chinese goods that get plucked from the high tide, they call it garbage, we call it a 'goldmine'. Just kidding, all the stuff we buried in landfills will keep the wheels turning for 100 years.

Last edited:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Can't see it. The US is a basket case right now. Besides, if Canada ever wants to join wth the US, we'll just invade it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do it all in symbols. Symbols work in any language.

Actually symbols don't work worth a Sh*t in any language. The first time I came across a sign showing a man swinging a golf club, I thought it meant to watch for golf balls entering the highway. What it really meant was that there is a golf course ahead.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yup. Some day, old heavy oil pipelines could be used to carry drinking water south too. If you control the water you control everything.

Do it all in symbols. Symbols work in any language.

Going by memory - Look at that plan from the 50's or so to reverse flow water, build canals etc in Ontario to the US.
Do you think the Canadian Western provinces in drought will watch as fresh water goes north to the Arctic?
Think Lake Diefenbaker
Lake Diefenbaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Because we are not all of a common mother and many of us feel Canadian not like wannabe Americans. We have our own identity and don't wish to lose it.

There's the operative word. Too many people are ruled by emotion

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
A Unified Canada // USA will be a safer place.. one Unified border to defend..

Why Canada Should Consider Joining the United States | DC

Why Canada Should Consider Joining the United States | DC

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Actually symbols don't work worth a Sh*t in any language. The first time I came across a sign showing a man swinging a golf club, I thought it meant to watch for golf balls entering the highway. What it really meant was that there is a golf course ahead.
Call Hello BC and get a new map with all the symbols. They'll mail you one.

That already happened under the SPP.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why are people so afraid of the Big Bad Boogie Man to the south..

We are all Children of a Common Mother..

Im not afraid of them. I actually rather like the US. Its a fun place to visit, just like Europe - but that doesnt mean I want to join them. I have no interest in joining any of them and do not want to see Canada disappear.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Im not afraid of them. I actually rather like the US. Its a fun place to visit, just like Europe - but that doesnt mean I want to join them. I have no interest in joining any of them and do not want to see Canada disappear.
We the Borg shall absorb them.