McSquinty sucks at chess

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
McGuinty comes up short in bid to regain his majority

The Premier’s attempt at finding a shortcut return to majority power ran aground on Thursday night with a loss in a byelection in Kitchener-Waterloo, putting an end to a plan hatched little more than four months ago with the appointment of former PC MPP Elizabeth Witmer to a patronage post.

more

Scott Stinson: McGuinty comes up short in bid to regain his majority | Full Comment | National Post

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
The Star Headline is completely reversed.. Dalton was killed where his little Politcal game was just initiated... Hudak? He didnt start that mess... The Lying Liberal did.. Looks good on him

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The Star Headline is completely reversed.. Dalton was killed where his little Politcal game was just initiated... Hudak? He didnt start that mess... The Lying Liberal did.. Looks good on him

I think the writer is taking into consideration that the Kitchener riding was Conservative for 22 years and that the people of Kitchener are not interested in the Tea Bagger Corporate concept being spewed by Hudak etal.............

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm just glad that McLiar's ploy was unsuccessful. I shudder to think what it would be like for Ontario had he gotten his Majority.8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Is that because you've blacked out the prior eight years?

Nope, it's just that Ontario hasn't been in as much dire straits as it has been right now, and he would have crushed this Province right into dust.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Because as scary as he is, the current alternatives are scarier.

The majority of Liberal ridings that got in were from the Toronto area. For some reason, they seem to like McLiar. I wonder why that is?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The majority of Liberal ridings that got in were from the Toronto area. For some reason, they seem to like McLiar. I wonder why that is?

They be crazy folk? I don't know.

I can tell you from having lived in Ottawa, it does paint a really different perspective when you live in the political centre of things.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They be crazy folk? I don't know.

I can tell you from having lived in Ottawa, it does paint a really different perspective when you live in the political centre of things.

That makes sense. Doesn't Toronto consider itself to be the centre of the universe?;) LOL!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That makes sense. Doesn't Toronto consider itself to be the centre of the universe?;) LOL!

Could be. Or everyone else telling them that they think they're the centre of the universe has now convinced them it's in fact true. Which just goes to show, sometimes it's better not to say anything because it might come back and bite you in the ass. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Because as scary as he is, the current alternatives are scarier.

I hear you loud and clear, we have a similar situation in British Columbia, where it looks like a fairly scary Gov't. is going down next May to be replaced by a regime that may be scarier and slimier! :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I hear you loud and clear, we have a similar situation in British Columbia, where it looks like a fairly scary Gov't. is going down next May to be replaced by a regime that may be scarier and slimier! :lol:

That's why folks will often choose the devil they know over the devil they don't. Both are scary, but familiarity can be the deciding factor.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's why folks will often choose the devil they know over the devil they don't. Both are scary, but familiarity can be the deciding factor.

BUT, SLM, there is also the old saying "familiarity breeds contempt" so maybe what you say is true in ways you didn't think of. :lol: