Mass shootings an American Problem

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why, all of them.

With y'all Old Stock Canadians, ain't much difference.
It's those dribbles of Indian blood that some of us accumulated two hundred years ago.

How many American mass shootings are planned and carried out by the state?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Reasonably easy civilian possession of arms is the canary in the mine......when they start taking guns from people, the rest of your liberty is not far behind.

Hmmmmmmm; looks like a single barrel shotgun. But I've been wrong before. For all you non gun folks, that would be
" not a rifle"..........whatever

billshaver

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2015
KNOW THAT SECOND AMMENDEMENT DOSE NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MENTALLY DISTURBED INDIVIDUALS...SHAME IT SHOULD ...IN THE CONTEXYT OF MILITIAS...IN ORDER TO BE IN STAE MELTIA ONE MUST BE ADUCATED AS SANE.....either way its part of the problem...hetah care..well what are they waiting for get single payer & they can get people who are feeling KOO KOo to the doctor.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
KNOW THAT SECOND AMMENDEMENT DOSE NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MENTALLY DISTURBED INDIVIDUALS...SHAME IT SHOULD ...IN THE CONTEXYT OF MILITIAS...IN ORDER TO BE IN STAE MELTIA ONE MUST BE ADUCATED AS SANE.....either way its part of the problem...hetah care..well what are they waiting for get single payer & they can get people who are feeling KOO KOo to the doctor.
is the screaming really necessary? Being a loudster isn't going to insure any more attention sir.

incidentally you wouldn't be related to Billy Joe Shaver the country music sanger would ye?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
An interesting article I read about the prevalence of mass shootings in the United States.

With data for 171 countries, Lankford found that the United States had by far the most public mass shooters, with 90 during the 46-year period. That’s five times as many as the next country on the list—the Philippines, with 18. Rounding out the top five were Russia (15), Yemen (11) and France (10). In other words, although the U.S. accounts for less than five percent of the world’s population, it had 31 percent of mass shootings between 1966 and 2012.

Actually, I think it should be categorized as a problem of about 0.0000000000001% of Americans, the other 99+% are by and large decent citizens.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Maybe, we need to scoop up all of the sociopath psychos who own guns "just for the fun of it" and put them in camps up in the high Arctic.
What did the Arctic wildlife ever do to you to make you hate them THAT much?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
its the mental drugs
it makes you yanks crazy

What did the Arctic wildlife ever do to you to make you hate them THAT much?
there is a camp for such crazys
its called washington
ours is called 24 sussex drive
its not exactly the high arctic but they do get a visit from the Bonhomme once a year