Mark Emery will die in an American jail.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Canada would probably allow marijuana use (against their better judgement) if it were not for the USA/Canada border.
The Americans would search every vehicle for contrabrand weed so that the border would become paralysed. They would suspect every Canadian to be a drug addict importing drugs.
Whether it was legal in Canada would be no excuse. You would be fingerprinted and barred from entering the States if a butt was found.
Wouldn't bother some but truckers and business people would be crapping themselves.
Among others.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
zoofer, the bill put forth by the Liberal Party of Canada during the Thirty-eighth Parliament would not have "legalized" marijuana, per se, but it would have made it so that jail terms and Court resources were no longer exhausted on marijuana-related charges (in terms of possession). Those found possessing certain amounts of marijuana would receive a fine instead.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Re: RE: Mark Emery will die in an American jail.

the right wing does appear to be increasingly discredited as the US becomes more and more strident in its attempts to disrupt any prospect of an international order based on the rule of law. it seems as if most of the world sees thems as bullies. Its disgusting our government is even cooperating with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the sad part is some of the voting population are so naive they would buy any juicy story before election, much like the Harper campaign on ethics which showed weeks later to be hollow when one looks at the self serving manner to which voters are robed from their voting significance, and at the end parliamentary tradition is none existent for Harper and Emerson. Harper is a hypocrite and that will be his Achilles heel. :roll:

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005

FiveParadox said:
zoofer, the bill put forth by the Liberal Party of Canada during the Thirty-eighth Parliament would not have "legalized" marijuana, per se, but it would have made it so that jail terms and Court resources were no longer exhausted on marijuana-related charges (in terms of possession). Those found possessing certain amounts of marijuana would receive a fine instead.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Dang I clicked on add attachment and lost my post.

Anyway the gist of it was for small personal amounts (5 ozs?) no fines, no jail time, no charges.
In other words legal.

aperion

Apr 7, 2006

Liberty said:
the right wing does appear to be increasingly discredited as the US becomes more and more strident in its attempts to disrupt any prospect of an international order based on the rule of law. it seems as if most of the world sees thems as bullies. Its disgusting our government is even cooperating with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the sad part is some of the voting population are so naive they would buy any juicy story before election, much like the Harper campaign on ethics which showed weeks later to be hollow when one looks at the self serving manner to which voters are robed from their voting significance, and at the end parliamentary tradition is none existent for Harper and Emerson. Harper is a hypocrite and that will be his Achilles heel. :roll:

I agree it didnt take long for his hypocrisy to show. I just hope the honeymoon period doesnt last too long and press descends on him and his party without mercy at the very emergence of his first major scandal- hopefully we'll have only 2 yeras of these people.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm conservative and I think pot should be legalized. I don't smoke it, but I think it's a losing battle to combat it much like prohibition.

So what does that make me? A closet liberal? LOL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
zoofer said:
Dang I clicked on add attachment and lost my post.

Anyway the gist of it was for small personal amounts (5 ozs?) no fines, no jail time, no charges.
In other words legal.

Five ounces of good grass for medicinal purposes would last me in excess of a year.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Marc Emery bio stuff:

Emery made the front page of the Wall Street Journal in December 1995, leading to a deluge of media attention, and the Vancouver police launching a serious raid one month later in January 1996. Police cleaned out the Hemp BC store, seized Emery's stash of seeds and charged him with multiple paraphernalia and pot seed related offenses. Then, he switched his marijuana seed business to mail-order only, and focusing his efforts on publishing Cannabis Culture magazine. By early 2000 he was successfully expanding again, this time onto the Internet, with the establishment of Pot-TV.

Legal troubles

"I've been arrested 10 times since 1994, and jailed on eight of those occasions," explains Emery. "I've been found guilty of numerous counts of trafficking in marijuana seeds, but the courts here don't give me anything more than a reasonable fine. Since I stopped selling seeds over the counter the police seem to have decided I'm not worth the effort, as my seed business hasn't been raided since 1998.

"Unlike most other seed dealers, I use my real name and I'm easy to find. I've been selling marijuana seeds for eight years, sending seeds to growers all over the world, including diverse places like the Czech Republic, Japan, Australia, England, South Africa, and even Korea. Business is better every year. If I wasn't honest I'd have been run out of business or killed a long time ago."

"I redirect the money I make on seeds back into the movement," explains Emery. "I am totally committed to ending the war on marijuana

--------------------Some links :
"My Message To You"
by Marc Emery (04 Mar, 2006)
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4639.html

Extradition Process:
How the USA is able to extradite the B.C. 3

by Kirk Tousaw (09 Feb, 2006)
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4589.html

Cannabis Culture Magazine online:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/
article eg.: Harper's Manditory Minumums:
Canada's Parliament was in session today for the first time after the election, and at the same time the new Prime Minister and Minister of Justice opened the Canadian Professional Police Association's Executive Board Meeting and conference. The first item on the agenda: More Power to Prohibition and Cops - a very ominous sign for the Canadian cannabis culture.
F U L L S T O R Y - link above

K - there is also a FORUM called Cannabis Culture, where I post and read about pot a lot. Pot A Lot, ha ha.
ALotaPot
Anyways, they got Medical marijuana discussions there , and conspiracy, and War on Drugs and here, some Pictures [that might make your mouth water, and are nice to look at even if you don't toke:
http://tinyurl.com/nf8lp

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Mark Emery will die i

No
I freeze it and eat it.

Which happens to be legal too.

Alcohol doesn't freezer zoofer...you liar, you drink it.....drinker....drinker-problem-guy.

As for Marc Emery, who cares? I don't. Nope. Marijuana is illegal. Yes I had my fun in High School, but I grew up, Emery obviously didn't, a middle-aged burnout. I support both the U.S. and Canadian Government on this. He broke the law, and as such, should be punished. While I don't think the man should be jailed for life, he should do time. If you're in, or past, your early 20's, and still smoking pot, you need to get a life. I cut loose many of my friends from high school because we're all in our early 20's and they simply failed to grow up.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Mark Emery will die i

Mogz said:
No
I freeze it and eat it.

Alcohol doesn't freezer zoofer...you liar, you drink it.....drinker....drinker-problem-guy.

As for Marc Emery, who cares? I don't. Nope. Marijuana is illegal. Yes I had my fun in High School, but I grew up, Emery obviously didn't, a middle-aged burnout. I support both the U.S. and Canadian Government on this. He broke the law, and as such, should be punished. While I don't think the man should be jailed for life, he should do time. If you're in, or past, your early 20's, and still smoking pot, you need to get a life. I cut loose many of my friends from high school because we're all in our early 20's and they simply failed to grow up.

Got to disagree here.....emery was playing with fire, and got burned.....but the entire concept of marijuana being illegal is ludicrous, IMHO.

And I'm a member of the Conservative Party............Perfection, unfortunately, exists only in the mind of God.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006

"Mogz"]

No
I freeze it and eat it.

[/quote]

----------------------------------------
Mogz, I hope you never get a chance to be a juror. You think that the world evolves around you and you Chicken Little Harper wan na be PM. Get a Life,

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I freeze it and eat it.

A joke.
But everything freezes at the theoretical temperature at which substances possess no thermal energy, equal to −273.15°C, or −459.67°F. Absolute zero.
Alcohol at -173.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's

Liberty said:
"Mogz"]

Mogz, I hope you never get a chance to be a juror. You think that the world evolves around you and you Chicken Little Harper wan na be PM. Get a Life,

Liberty, I similarly hope you never get the chance to be a juror. If you believe a man cannor pass judgement because he has a different opinion than you, you are more of a bigot than anyone you object to.

Marc Emery willingly broke the law to prove a point. Breaking laws gets you jail time. If he wanted to avoid jail, he could've done so by NOT breaking the law, and protested the illegalization of marijuana by legal means.

Besides, he knew he was going to jail for this, because that's what he wanted. Jail-time =Publicity. I feel no pity for him.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Liberty said:
"Mogz"]

No
I freeze it and eat it.

[/quote]

:lol:

Poor Zoof....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Mogz said:
No
I freeze it and eat it.

I wonder who came out ahead you or your ex-friends. :lol:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,
Little jackie paper loved that rascal puff,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. oh

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail
Jackie kept a lookout perched on puff’s gigantic tail,
Noble kings and princes would bow whene’er they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flag when puff roared out his name. oh!

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, jackie paper came no more
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,
So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!