Manitoba trucker speaks about role in aftermath of grisly Greyhound killing

Lithp

Electoral Member
Mar 16, 2005
Scott Free...are you serious with all your anti - cop BS? or is this just rhetoric? DO you have any idea what it's like to be a cop? DO you have any idea how accountable a cop is for his/her actions?

You seem to think that cops are randomly shooting and tasering people. Nothing can be further from the truth. Cops show HUGE restraint most of the time- even when they are justified in opening a can of whoop a** on a dangerous person.

Required to fail an IQ test? Are we trolling here???

Come on, be serious. You make cops sound like they are stupid criminals with no self control or accountability. Give your head a shake.

Oh ya, but the point about the whack job and whether or not he should have been shot: I'll reserve judgment on that one.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Scott Free...are you serious with all your anti - cop BS?

Yes.

and

People who want to be jackboots have to take aptitude tests and if they score too high for IQ they are not allowed to be cops.

Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High I.Q. Scores

IQ too high

Police reject candidate for being too intelligent

Now the big question is: why is that? Cui bono?
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A06E2DB143DF93AA3575AC0A96F958260

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
No.... it makes perfect sense actually. It's right along the same vein as knowing that a honey truck operator needs to climb into septic tanks, but, not understanding how he can do it. It's simple... he climbs into the tank. But I don't get how they can do it. I know these officers shouldn't have shot the guy, but, I don't get how they couldn't. Get it?

I suppose so :p

Perhaps my response was geared more towards how you threw it all together and ended it off with "....and I'd have shot him dead, despite my pacifist nature. Wouldn't you shoot the monster in the horror movie?"

Question presented, I replied with my answer, which of course started off with the movie comparison.

Either way, never mind. :p

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
So why is it everyone else I know who is related to or works for police is able to do practically whatever they want?

I don't think you know yet that you belong to a club. How many times did you speed before you got a ticket? Were you in your dads car? I doubt it.

I have a friend who's dad was a cop. He just got nailed for a DUI and lost his licence for a year. I made a joke that he should have mentioned his dad to which he got indignant and said it didn't help! :lol: You should hear him now yell and scream about police because he finally got caught for something - the spoilt little dip $hit that he is. :p

I imagine many are out there who do try and milk the system, but that doesn't mean you're right in generalizing everybody else, in every other community other then your own, and all police officers and those they are related to and/or know personally.

My dad played baseball with the RCMP all the time when I was a kid, had them over for BBQ's, their German Sheppard destroyed my dog's ball, we knew them pretty well, got RCMP hats too..... that didn't stop them from giving my brother a speeding ticket of about $160 when he was rushing to the ball game with their equipment in the trunk in my dad's car. That didn't stop them from telling my dad that he had to get rid of his Sten MKII SMG and Bren Gun when he went to show off his military stuff downstairs.

There are good cops who do the job they're trained to do, and then there are those who make a little "Club" as you say for certain people to get away with minor things.

To me, it depends on what the offense is in question. A DUI is something I wouldn't tollerate and I would have done the same thing and removed someone's driving licence for a year.... at the very least..... no matter who it was. Yet if it was a minor offense, usually a warning or a small ticket would do the trick.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
So what gives them the right to decide to give your brother a $160 dollar fine for speeding but not put your dad in jail for the mandatory 5 years owning a prohibited weapon legally requires?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
So what gives them the right to decide to give your brother a $160 dollar fine for speeding but not put your dad in jail for the mandatory 5 years owning a prohibited weapon legally requires?

Well for one thing the barrels were welded shut and the firearms completely disabled, they were for show and capable of nothing more. It would have been a different story if they were fully functioning/operating firearms, but even if one really wanted to remove the weld and try to make it work again, the barrels were already screwed and the round would probably blow up in your face on the first shot.

Secondly, this was prior to 1995 when additional rules applied to firearms.

A little tid bit of the laws history:

http://www.guncontrol.ca/English/Home/Law/maw.pdf Pg.2 of 4

"Canadian Legislative History
Fully Automatic Firearms: In 1978, fully automatic firearms were banned, although anyone who legally possessed them at the time was deemed a “genuine gun collector” and was permitted to retain them as “grandfathered” weapons. As a result, approximately 10, 000 of these machine guns were grandfathered, of which 5,000 to 6,000 remain in circulation."

^ Considderin he had these WWII firearms in his collection for years and this situation occured prior to 1995, and that they didn't work.... he was covered and technically they would have had a difficult time trying to make charges stick.

"..... Prohibited weapons (with “grandfather” clause) came into force July 27, 1992 (Registration deadline October 1, 1992): Three assault pistols and one carbine became prohibited. Existing owners were allowed to retain firearms they owned on the date of the coming into force. These were to be registered as “restricted weapons”. Once existing owners die or dispose of the weapons, they revert to prohibited weapons status and must be deactivated or disposed of."

He didn't die, and the weapons were deactivated, so I don't see where you stand on telling me he should have been locked up for 5 years.

Now that I remember, an additional reason why he got rid of them was due to the cost of the gun registry which was coming into effect shortly afterwards.... he didn't believe in the concept, didn't want to pay for it, so he got rid of them.

"...... Prohibited weapons (without “grandfather” clause) effective October 1, 1992: A list of “assault pistols”, “combat shotguns” .50 calibre sniper rifles and other military-type firearms were classified as prohibited weapons. There was no retention allowed of these weapons after October 1, 1992; they had to be disposed of, surrounded or deactivated by that date."

^ The Sten MKII as seen below:

and the Bren Gun as seen below:

Did not fall under this category. That and it was prior to 1992.

Perhaps this clarifies to you why he didn't get thrown into jail. He was a well know collector of WWII equipment, medals, uniforms and weapons, the weapons were disabled and not able to be used..... there was no position of being charged.

The RCMP's reactions were a first reaction, believing they were fully functioning and suggested to him to get rid of them. The laws coming in in the following years also had a factor of him getting rid of them.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Then why did he have to get rid of them?

I just explained that to you. The officers figured they were still active.... as he still tells the story, it was more about their quick reaction about seeing them, not that there was anything directly illegal about him having them. Plus the talk of the new laws were coming into play....

That and I'm going from a memory of back when I was 7 or 8 years old.... It's not like I'm going to remember all the details 100% accurately.

Regardless, he no longer has them, it was over 20 or so years ago, I don't see what importance there is in this, considdering my quotes of the laws counter your own..... therefore, he did not get any special treatment as you liked to put it.

Maybe if you want some of that "Special Treatment" you could start by not being an ass to police officers and treating them like fellow humans doing their jobs.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Then why didn't they arrest him?

Club membership has it's privileges even if members don't always see it.

Perhaps, but not in this case..... they didn't arrest him, because #1 they were off duty, eating hamburgers, hotdogs and swimming in the pool, they didn't quite have their handcuffs and mace at hand, sorry to say.... #2nd.... my father explained to them the situation, therefore there was no grounds for arrest.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Perhaps, but not in this case..... they didn't arrest him, because #1 they were off duty, eating hamburgers, hotdogs and swimming in the pool, they didn't quite have their handcuffs and mace at hand, sorry to say....

So if police are wearing swimming trunks they are less likely to report a crime?

#2nd.... my father explained to them the situation, therefore there was no grounds for arrest.

So why did they make him get rid of them? If the guns were safe they had no legal right to do that. Obviously they thought they had grounds.

So if your dad had been a colour wearing motorcycle enthusiasts you think the police would have treated him the same way. "Oh please Mr. Animal would you mind getting rid of your prohibited weapons?"

Fat chance.

As I said before, most club members don't think they're club members.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
So if police are wearing swimming trunks they are less likely to report a crime?

It wasn't a fk'n crime you nit-wit, get it through your damn head.

So why did they make him get rid of them? If the guns were safe they had no legal right to do that. Obviously they thought they had grounds.

They didn't make him get rid of them, they said to get rid of them.... after they said that, he explained the situation, which there wasn't a situation.

Dig some more why don't you.

So if your dad had been a colour wearing motorcycle enthusiasts you think the police would have treated him the same way. "Oh please Mr. Animal would you mind getting rid of your prohibited weapons?"

Yeah, if my dad was on a motorbike, flashing around a Bren Gun and a Sten MKII in public, chances are they would have taken him down... but he wasn't, so stop with this petty hypothetical Bullsh*t will ya, because it didn't happen.

He asked if any of them wanted to see some of his war collection, he brought them down, they saw the firearms (Which didn't work) and their first instinct was as I explained. If he thought he had illegal firearms that he could have been arrested for possession with, do you think he would have brought 10 or so RCMP down to show them off?

He was in the military, my brother was in the military, I had my own little stint in the military, so has my sister.... my Father in paticular trained other soldiers on how to use and operate the firearms they would be using, he's hunted for a number of years..... I would think he knew a thing or two about the laws in regards to firearms.

Fok man you sure got a knack for blowing a funny story all to hell.

Fat chance.

As I said before, most club members don't think they're club members.

Like I said, get the situation through your head, because you got it so screwed up, you can't figure out which end to fart from.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Ugh... I didn't realize you had a personality disorder.

I don't have a personality disorder.... I know exactly who each one of me is and who says what and when. :p

Jeez, don't tell him about us.

Quiet you, nobody asked you.

Don't you tell me to be quiet, who the hell do you think you are?

I'm you and I, got a problem with that?

Yeah I do.

*punches*

Oh, it's gonna be like that is it?

*Punches*

Alright the both of you, stop it and act civil....